2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

The game came on in the wee hours so I didn't see any of it but the the box score indicates that SD used 9 pitchers in 8 innings of Dodger at bats last night. None of whom pitched more than 1 1/3 innings. And the Dodgers didn't score a run until the 5th inning and only scored 5 runs in the entire game! So it wasn't like the Padres were getting shelled.

The game came on in the wee hours so I didn't see any of it but the the box score indicates that SD used 9 pitchers in 8 innings of Dodger at bats last night. None of whom pitched more than 1 1/3 innings. And the Dodgers didn't score a run until the 5th inning and only scored 5 runs in the entire game! So it wasn't like the Padres were getting shelled.

I know you were distracted last night whooping it up after the Lakers beat the Washington Generals to go up 3-1 in the finals, but the San Diego starter threw a whopping two pitches and had to come out of the game, so it became a bullpen game for them from there on out, they had to piece together pitchers to get them through the game.

Brilliant idea by MLB to play 5 games 5 days in a row, no breaks for the staffs, expect a lot of 10-9, 7-6, 8-7 games vs playoff baseball pitching gems you usually see this time of the year..........................

I know you were distracted last night whooping it up after the Lakers beat the Washington Generals to go up 3-1 in the finals, but the San Diego starter threw a whopping two pitches and had to come out of the game, so it became a bullpen game for them from there on out, they had to piece together pitchers to get them through the game.

Brilliant idea by MLB to play 5 games 5 days in a row, no breaks for the staffs, expect a lot of 10-9, 7-6, 8-7 games vs playoff baseball pitching gems you usually see this time of the year..........................

Yes, it's a tough time for LA fans with so much winning going on. The Dodgers apparently didn't have a hit until the 6th inning by which time SD has used six different pitchers! What time did that game end on the east coast? Maybe I could have watched the end this morning.

Rays put up a 5 spot on Tanaka. Still have a half game to go but if you can get the Yankee hitters swinging for the fences, Rays may be in good shape.

Rays put up a 5 spot on Tanaka. Still have a half game to go but if you can get the Yankee hitters swinging for the fences, Rays may be in good shape.

The Yankees are the definition of feast or famine, one game they hit home run after home ruin the next they strike out every other batter.

I can’t stand the Dodgers but I can’t stand Manny Machado and his hypocrisy even more.

He hits a home run and then celebrates like he cured COVID, yet when a Dodger (Graterol) celebrates one of the best catches in post-season history (Belinger on Tatis) he is beyond indignant.

Like it or not, celebrations, bat flips, etc. are a two way street.

So by the end of today, all four series could be over.

Then throw in the possibility of YED, which other than Christmas is my favorite day of the year.

Dodger fans must love the fact that the Astors can clinch yet another series on their field; well, that's something they're used to at this point, so no big deal.

So by the end of today, all four series could be over.

Then throw in the possibility of YED, which other than Christmas is my favorite day of the year.

Dodger fans must love the fact that the Astors can clinch yet another series on their field; well, that's something they're used to at this point, so no big deal.

I'm waiting on the Lakers to win their record tying 17th championship before turning to the Dodgers WS championship, but why are the Astros playing in Dodger stadium and the Dodgers playing somewhere in Texas? I know this has been a wacky year but that is completely nuts.

I'm waiting on the Lakers to win their record tying 17th championship before turning to the Dodgers WS championship, but why are the Astros playing in Dodger stadium and the Dodgers playing somewhere in Texas? I know this has been a wacky year but that is completely nuts.

Right, the 17th championship for the Minneapolis/Los Angles Lakers as 5 of those were won when the team was in MN, but hey, what's the difference.

Take it a step further; 32 finals appearances, most ever.................too bad they lost 15 times or you could really crow.

Are there balloons in the rafters scheduled to be released once they beat the Generals, asking for a friend.

And FWIW regarding professional sports; I root for all the Boston teams..............been that way my whole life, Patriots #1, I live and die with them, or at least I used to, not so much as I've gotten older, Red Sox #2, Bruins #3, Celtics #4 and a distant 4th........................I get the least joy out of them winning a championship, it's the one sport I never played, played football in pop warner, high school and college, played hockey up through high school, played baseball my whole life, played in two semi pro leagues until my late 20's.

I love the Patriots, been a fan through think and thin, had season tickets for a long time, they were 2-14 and 1-15 during that time, I still loved the team, they stunk, but they were MY hometown team.

Basketball; meh, not my sport, good if the Celtics win, whatever.

I really could give two shits about any of their 17 championships.

One of the joys of winning a championship is sharing it with the group of 10/15 people I watch the games with, sharing it with my Dad up until he passed away and also my brothers...............I love soaking in a championship, watching all the local sports shows as they discuss it, listening for days to sports talk radio as caller after caller chimes in, buying and reading the Boston newspapers, buying the SI championship edition, buying the championship gear, then either attending or watching the victory parade.

It's the ENTIRETY of the championship.

Serious question, all kidding aside as we break each others balls on a regular basis here (and I hope none of you think it's serious; I've known Doug a long time, he comes to visit me at the Gettysburg show and busts me up with his sarcasm and comedy, he's a great guy and also a very, very good customer BTW); I don't get your LA fandom, it seems weird.....................................in the past 10 years, I'd venture to guess you haven't watched 10 minutes of "Laker Basketball" but now your a pom pom waving Laker fanatic? Thick and thin, no? Yes? Maybe? Could you enlighten me as I really don't get it?

I'm at a loss how you are a LA sports fan living in PA; no local coverage, no sports talk discussing it, nothing on TV or newspapers, not getting together with your friends to watch, unless you belong to the "state of PA LA sports fan club"..............................it's just weird and strange.

Great that you went to USC and fell in love with all the LA teams..........who can blame you considering that outside of the Steelers and the Penguins, PA sports is a tire fire..................

It's just weird.

So tonight or tomorrow or whenever LeBron and Unibrow pummel the Washington Generals and win, what are you going to do, run out into your back yard and jump up and down?

Have a ball dude, knock yourself out.

To each his own.............................................

Last edited:
And FWIW regarding professional sports; I root for all the Boston teams..............been that way my whole life, Patriots #1, I live and die with them, or at least I used to, not so much as I've gotten older, Red Sox #2, Bruins #3, Celtics #4 and a distant 4th........................I get the least joy out of them winning a championship, it's the one sport I never played, played football in pop warner, high school and college, played hockey up through high school, played baseball my whole life, played in two semi pro leagues until my late 20's.

I love the Patriots, been a fan through think and thin, had season tickets for a long time, they were 2-14 and 1-15 during that time, I still loved the team, they stunk, but they were MY hometown team.

Basketball; meh, not my sport, good if the Celtics win, whatever.

I really could give two shits about any of their 17 championships.

One of the joys of winning a championship is sharing it with the group of 10/15 people I watch the games with, sharing it with my Dad up until he passed away and also my brothers...............I love soaking in a championship, watching all the local sports shows as they discuss it, listening for days to sports talk radio as caller after caller chimes in, buying and reading the Boston newspapers, buying the SI championship edition, buying the championship gear, then either attending or watching the victory parade.

It's the ENTIRETY of the championship.

Serious question, all kidding aside as we break each others balls on a regular basis here (and I hope none of you think it's serious; I've known Doug a long time, he comes to visit me at the Gettysburg show and busts me up with his sarcasm and comedy, he's a great guy and also a very, very good customer BTW); I don't get your LA fandom, it seems weird.....................................in the past 10 years, I'd venture to guess you haven't watched 10 minutes of "Laker Basketball" but now your a pom pom waving Laker fanatic? Thick and thin, no? Yes? Maybe? Could you enlighten me as I really don't get it?

I'm at a loss how you are a LA sports fan living in PA; no local coverage, no sports talk discussing it, nothing on TV or newspapers, not getting together with your friends to watch, unless you belong to the "state of PA LA sports fan club"..............................it's just weird and strange.

Great that you went to USC and fell in love with all the LA teams..........who can blame you considering that outside of the Steelers and the Penguins, PA sports is a tire fire..................

It's just weird.

So tonight or tomorrow or whenever LeBron and Unibrow pummel the Washington Generals and win, what are you going to do, run out into your back yard and jump up and down?

Have a ball dude, knock yourself out.

To each his own.............................................

I was born in LA and lived there for many years. The rare native. Went to USC and Pepperdine. A LA sport team fan since the 1970s. The first team I can remember watching as a kid was the 1970s Lakers team with Wilt and that crazy headband. He was like a superhero. I know it's weird for anyone from that paradise to move east but there you have it. I'm too old to jump up and down but I might have the energy to post "I Love LA" when the Laker win it all since I know how much you enjoy that song. Hard to get that tune out of your head. You can probably even hear it now.

I was born in LA and lived there for many years. The rare native. Went to USC and Pepperdine. A LA sport team fan since the 1970s. The first team I can remember watching as a kid was the 1970s Lakers team with Wilt and that crazy headband. He was like a superhero. I know it's weird for anyone from that paradise to move east but there you have it. I'm too old to jump up and down but I might have the energy to post "I Love LA" when the Laker win it all since I know how much you enjoy that song. Hard to get that tune out of your head. You can probably even hear it now.

Wow, for as long as I've known you, I thought you were born and bred in PA, went to USC, then came back to PA.

Well that explains it, thanks for the clarification.........................enjoy your championship, probably multiple ones this year.

We live in a mobile society, people move all the time.............................again, good to know, I thought it was the other way around...............nice to be able to connect the dots...............

Everyone better look out for the Braves. They are on a tear in the post-season, getting hot just at the right time. They are 5-0 in the playoffs, have shutout their opponents 4 times in those 5 games, and have only allowed 5 total runs while scoring 24. Tough to beat pitching that is that hot. I like their chances. Also, on the plus side of today's results, MLB has been spared the specter of an all-Florida WS. I'm sure the 17 fans in Florida are heartbroken but that there is celebrating at the office of Mr. Manfred.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Welp, no YED for me.

And tomorrow the Gashouse Gorillas have their ace going, no doubt Mongo will hit one to Cuba and Quasimodo will hit one to France and they'll advance to the ALCS to face the trash can kids..............great, what a match up, can't wait.............

Everyone better look out for the Braves. They are on a tear in the post-season, getting hot just at the right time. They are 5-0 in the playoffs, have shutout their opponents 4 times in those 5 games, and have only allowed 5 total runs while scoring 24. Tough to beat pitching that is that hot. I like their chances. Also, on the plus side of today's results, MLB has been spared the specter of an all-Florida WS. I'm sure the 17 fans in Florida are heartbroken but that there is celebrating at the office of Mr. Manfred.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Strange fact, that is the first time the Marlins have lost a playoff series. They won the World Series the only other times they have made the playoffs (1997 and 2003).

Last edited:
Another HoF player has passed away as NYY great Whitey Ford has died at 91. Apparently died while watching the NYY's win game 4 the other night. He was a great one and was one of those Yanks of the 50's and 60's I grew up loving. RIP, Whitey. -- Al

Sad to hear. We will hear of more and more passing away as that is the nature of things. We are all getting older guys.
Mark

Sad to hear. We will hear of more and more passing away as that is the nature of things. We are all getting older guys.
Mark
Yep. Been a rough October with the passing of Gibson, Perranoski, and now Ford. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back