All things Conte (4 Viewers)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

Vick,

Generally, if somebody ships one day after paypal clears, I think that's pretty good. Now, a lot of sellers are just small fry like me so sometimes we may take a couple of days after we receive the payment and I think that's fine also.

Did you purchase the items from his ebay store or his warehouse in NC? I ordered something tuesday off his ebay store, and my paypal didn't clear till Friday and shipped off saturday, I'm just asking as I rarely use ebay, and am wondering if it is normal to take a couple days to make sure the the payment is legit?

Vick

Vick, as you rarely use eBay you may not be aware that there are several types of Paypal payments. Payments that access funds direct from the Payees Paypal account are almost immediate whilst payments made for example via the Paypal eCheck facility can take several days to clear to the sellers account.

I respect your opinion Ron and response along with otherswho have comment on the subject but do not agree with continuing with the subject it's been beaten to death. So please feel free along with others to continue and I believe I answered the question that started the thread which was Is Conte still in business by stating yes he is.....The Lt.

Lt

With all due respect again - the question at hand was more rhetorical than a simple question. I am sure we all appreciated you informing us that Conte was still in business - but, the real point was the questions of several different smaller issues that faced collectors and dealers a like.

This discuss must have been helpful - because I have received several PM / Emails stating they appreciated the thread and want to discuss many issues relating to Conte.

By now a few of us who were interested in what was going on with Richard's move have already received emails and spoken with him (me included) and new insights have been shared which were brought forth on this very thread.

Again, if the subject matter does bother you - which it seems it does - you can click on by and not participate in the thread .. or even not read it for that matter. I just think its a little over the top to impose your wants & desires on the rest of us who seem to be having a very fine discussion. I do appreciate you backtracking a little and I do not agree at all this subject has been "beaten to death."
If someone has something to say or a story to share the it should come out hear - agree or not-agree - does not matter when sharing on forum - everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. And yes - even have an opinion about someones opinion ;)

Thanks, Ron

The thread even got my interest and don't don't even collect the stuff ;) :D

Love him or hate him Conte creates buzz.
Mark

Before I start my post I would like to say a few words, I collect Conte products and think they are some of the best in the hobby, however I can understand peoples feelings of being let down by delays, and bad service with the warehouse. Now to begin my post I would like to say I believe that if Conte is not able to release his Zulu and Zouave sets by OSTN he will have a crisis on his hands as he first showed the Zulu prototypes at OSTN 2007 and it will now be coming on 2 years and no figures, he might be able to stop the crisis by setting an official release date and allow preorders to be taken. Also it might help to have a grand "reopening" at OSTN where he first begins to sell these sets, unveils some prototypes (plastic persians, WW2 that was long talked about back in 2006, the Norman castle as seen as in OSTN 2007, and perhaps a prototype playset in the works) and gives release dates for these prototypes, I believe if he can acheive this he will be able to gain the recognitoin he gained with his first sets such as the Warlord playset, etc. As I've stated earlier his products are fantastic but failing to be able to bring some product by the holidays '09 may lead to a large walk out of his collector base. Also, hosting a small lunch or dinner such as K&C and Figarti, and talking about the troubles he's expierenced, and letting collectors voice their opinion and ask questions will give many a renewed sense of hope, and faith in the company, and lead to many new customers. Along with this a weekly or monthly newsletter would help in expressing the companys current situation and would help with customer base. As I stated in the begginning this is just my opinion, and all should be allowed to voice their concerns, praises, etc.

Vick

I think your right on Vick.
Mark

Vick: I think you have pointed out some excellent issues, and although I can't speak for Richard, I hope he does address some of your ideas. I just hope he attends Chicago this year, as it always seems a lively time when he does..................Stryker II

It seems that there is now a Conte inner circle as well, :D:D to keep us all informed.
Especially those of us who live far away.

With over 230 responses I would certainly say there is a lot of interest from

collectors in Conte!

From my last post I would like to add if Conte is able to release his Zulu and Zouave sets by or at OSTN this would be:

29 new metal sets (20 Zulu and 9 Zouave)

55 new figures (38 Zulu and 17 Zouave)

With ruffly 3 1/2 months left till OSTN 2009, to release these figures would be a game opener for him and his company and would open the door for a new day for Conte.

Vick

Great post Vick!
Gary

Vick....

I, for one, hope he doesn't have all of the Zulus and Zouaves at Otsn. That would be like the old Conte.... nothing for months and then too much stuff for the collecting community to digest at OTSN. My hope is that he has half the Zulus, half the Zouaves and the Colonial Adventurers and that every two or three months there would be 8 to 10 new sets released. If the factories in China are at all reliable, he has enough stuff sculpted to get himself on a schedule like that. I don't know if he has enough self discipline to do that, but he is in position to do it. What I want to see is long term consistency in the delivery of his product to market. I also don't want to see him overdo the quantities of sets in one theme he releases at a time. I think he needs to be able to sell 2/3 of his production run in that first three months if he is going to avoid the over-inventorying that has plagued him.

Vick....

I, for one, hope he doesn't have all of the Zulus and Zouaves at Otsn. That would be like the old Conte.... nothing for months and then too much stuff for the collecting community to digest at OTSN. My hope is that he has half the Zulus, half the Zouaves and the Colonial Adventurers and that every two or three months there would be 8 to 10 new sets released. If the factories in China are at all reliable, he has enough stuff sculpted to get himself on a schedule like that. I don't know if he has enough self discipline to do that, but he is in position to do it. What I want to see is long term consistency in the delivery of his product to market. I also don't want to see him overdo the quantities of sets in one theme he releases at a time. I think he needs to be able to sell 2/3 of his production run in that first three months if he is going to avoid the over-inventorying that has plagued him.
I would second that. It would be much better for collectors and RC to stagger the releases along a predictable schedule. 55 figures to digest at one time is asking a lot IMHO.

Playsetaddict,

You have a good point, so if he releases half the Zouaves and Zulus at OSTN, and the other half at Christmas season, would that work?

Vick

I would rather see a few of the newer sets for Christmas...the Earps and the Scots and/or the Robin Hood duel. I think about 20 figures at a time would be best..but that's just me... and my opinion, like yours, don't account fer nothin. It t'ain't fer no reason the company is called "Conte".

Joe do you think there is ever going to be another plastic playset?
I mean one like the old DDay, etc, not the latter ones where there were a few new figures and then a hodge podge of stuff thrown in.
Gary

There have always been quite a few new figures in Conte playsets. The early days were great because there were new figures on oposing sides. Bloody Omaha had 27 new poses. The Viking Raid was a different critter, but still, I don't think you can fault Conte for lack of new poses. I personally would love to see a theme take no more than two playsets to do thoughly. But I think the way Nick is doing plastics might be the only way to do them practically. And RC will not be content to do plastics "two dimensionally". So I'm curious about how he will proceed with playsets. I don't know. I know his intentions...but I've learned to not consider his intentions and plans as promises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back