American Civil War.... (1 Viewer)

Just a heads up to those interested , anyone not yet subscribed to the First Legion newsletter yet will have missed a nice new image of five more figures of the upcoming release from the 55th . So if not yet signed up you can go to their website and do so , its free . All the best Gebhard

Just a heads up to those interested , anyone not yet subscribed to the First Legion newsletter yet will have missed a nice new image of five more figures of the upcoming release from the 55th . So if not yet signed up you can go to their website and do so , its free . All the best Gebhard

Thanks for the heads up Gebhard. I've just now signed up. I assume these come via email.

Thanks again for the tip. :)

MD

Thanks for the heads up Gebhard. I've just now signed up. I assume these come via email.

MD

Yes MD, they come by email and they are very informative and well done. I received my copy of the current one this morning and I really enjoyed it.
Mike

Where on the website is the sign-up? Can you up load the picture. Is the newsletter itself shown on the website anywhere?

King's Man

Yes MD, they come by email and they are very informative and well done. I received my copy of the current one this morning and I really enjoyed it.
Mike

Thanks Mike. Are there any images of the 7 or so figures we've not yet seen? Wondering if we will see the flag bearer or a mounted figure in this first grouping of 22. Please consider posting the photos as I'm not sure any of us who have signed up after the fact will get this latest news letter or not.

MD

Where on the website is the sign-up? Can you up load the picture. Is the newsletter itself shown on the website anywhere?

King's Man

Thanks Mike. Are there any images of the 7 or so figures we've not yet seen? Wondering if we will see the flag bearer or a mounted figure in this first grouping of 22. Please consider posting the photos as I'm not sure any of us who have signed up after the fact will get this latest news letter or not.

MD

PM me your email addresses and I will be happy to forward a copy of the current newsletter to you.

The web site address is http://www.firstlegionltd.com/awi.aspx
You will see the Newsletter sign up (Mailing List) buttons to the far right middle of the page

:)Mike

Very strange, because I have received e-mail announcements from First Legion in the past, but didn't get this newsletter. I re-enrolled again, maybe next time.

King's Man

Thank you Mestell for the newsletter. Here is the new civil war picture:

King's Man

Attachments

• image060.jpg
    image060.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 156
Matt: Are the infantry depictions going to be transferable to say a Day 2 Devil's Den or Little Round Top depiction or usage for that matter Day 3 Pickett's Charge scenario? Or am I wrong and that separate sets of Rebel Infantry will be introduced in later releases? At any rate your initial salvo onto the ACW scene is terrific and you sharing your thoughts as you go is very generous and much appreciated. I hope the pace of the rollouts stays intact as at every turn I marvel at the depictions. This is exceptional work.

MD

My pleasure Mr Dave ;)
Sorry late checking in today , but it seems some other guys have answered your questions . The images just keep getting better and so do the figures , watching the evolution over the past two years really is amazing :eek: If all this talk converts to sales Matt will be a very Happy man . :D G

My pleasure Mr Dave ;)
Sorry late checking in today , but it seems some other guys have answered your questions . The images just keep getting better and so do the figures , watching the evolution over the past two years really is amazing :eek: If all this talk converts to sales Matt will be a very Happy man . :D G

No problem, and thanks again for the tip. I have not seen any FL figures up close since the first Bavarian Napoleonic figures came out, so I will be eager to get my hands on a good sampling of these guys later this Summer. :)

MD

No problem, and thanks again for the tip. I have not seen any FL figures up close since the first Bavarian Napoleonic figures came out, so I will be eager to get my hands on a good sampling of these guys later this Summer. :)

MD

Mr Dave ,
The Bavarians are what first attracted me to First Legion, being a Napoleonic Wars fan I was just very excited to finally see someone doing them . And as the line grew to include Wurttemberger Jaegers , Westphalian Jeagers , Wurttemberger Line Infantry ,Wurttemberger Guard Chasseurs , and PRUSSIANS ect...... I knew finally there was a Company that was not only making Fantastic figures but also a company that was not happy just regurgitating the same old same old over and over again . A company willing to cover all combatants of a Battle , just not the ones that are popular ( and $$ Money makers ) . The Bavarians were IMO very nicely done but they are not really comparable to what they are doing now. I will wager that you will be most happy with the new Civil War line.... from the amount of research that goes into them , to the sculpting and finally the fantastic painting . First legion have rejuvenated my collecting and I'm sure with the announcement of the two new lines they stand poised to do the same for a whole lot of soon to be very Happy collectors :) . All the best Gebhard

Mr Dave ,
The Bavarians are what first attracted me to First Legion, being a Napoleonic Wars fan I was just very excited to finally see someone doing them . And as the line grew to include Wurttemberger Jaegers , Westphalian Jeagers , Wurttemberger Line Infantry ,Wurttemberger Guard Chasseurs , and PRUSSIANS ect...... I knew finally there was a Company that was not only making Fantastic figures but also a company that was not happy just regurgitating the same old same old over and over again . A company willing to cover all combatants of a Battle , just not the ones that are popular ( and $$ Money makers ) . The Bavarians were IMO very nicely done but they are not really comparable to what they are doing now. I will wager that you will be most happy with the new Civil War line.... from the amount of research that goes into them , to the sculpting and finally the fantastic painting . First legion have rejuvenated my collecting and I'm sure with the announcement of the two new lines they stand poised to do the same for a whole lot of soon to be very Happy collectors :) . All the best Gebhard

I suspect your hunch will prove to be true in the near future Gebhard. I know that I for one have looked on the website almost daily since these latest 2 lines were announced. Not sure how I am going to pick the contents of my first order given all the desirable choices.

MD

Matt: Are the infantry depictions going to be transferable to say a Day 2 Devil's Den or Little Round Top depiction or usage for that matter Day 3 Pickett's Charge scenario? Or am I wrong and that separate sets of Rebel Infantry will be introduced in later releases? At any rate your initial salvo onto the ACW scene is terrific and you sharing your thoughts as you go is very generous and much appreciated. I hope the pace of the rollouts stays intact as at every turn I marvel at the depictions. This is exceptional work.

Aren't these figures just fabulous? As long as the figures produced are in generic sack coats, Richmond Depot jackets, or even imported Tait jackets from Ireland I wouldn't hesitate to use these figures on any scene during the three day battle. If you are concerned about historical accuracy for a particular group's battle participation then you might have to pay closer attention to uniform detail, for example NC troops in specific state issued jackets. Georgia also issued state jackets. Weapons could be a personal issue for the collector also. For example, you wouldn't want to use a figure carrying an 1841 "Mississippi" rifle with a sword bayonet attached to it in a grouping of figures representing a Virginia regiment - they would have been carrying Richmond Arsenal, Springfields, and Enfields. The one FL figure shown carrying a Mississippi rifle with a sword bayonet attached to it is correct for this first offering because they are supposed to be troops from the 55th NC which was brigaded with 3 Mississippi regiments. This particular brigade would have been using the Mississippi rifle amonst them. All in all I really don't think this (proper uniforms/weapons) will be an issue with most collectors unless they are real "hair splitters" and a bit OCD ;):rolleyes:
:) Mike

I suspect your hunch will prove to be true in the near future Gebhard. I know that I for one have looked on the website almost daily since these latest 2 lines were announced. Not sure how I am going to pick the contents of my first order given all the desirable choices.

MD
LOL, welcome to the dilemma of my collecting world Dave.:eek::D I will add my wager you will not be disappointed with any of these FL figures. The initial Bavarians are very nice but the later Napoleonic releases have all been cuts above IMO and it seems the new lines are of the same cloth. If you chose either, the problem will only be how to plan your own displays and which ones to get when; nice problems to have it would seem.:cool:

LOL, welcome to the dilemma of my collecting world Dave.:eek::D I will add my wager you will not be disappointed with any of these FL figures. The initial Bavarians are very nice but the later Napoleonic releases have all been cuts above IMO and it seems the new lines are of the same cloth. If you chose either, the problem will only be how to plan your own displays and which ones to get when; nice problems to have it would seem.:cool:

Well, in this case Bill I guess I will just start with a handful and order a few more at a time until I've gone through all 22. Will likely pass on the cavalry and wait for some Federal infantry to appear at a later date. :)

MD

Aren't these figures just fabulous? As long as the figures produced are in generic sack coats, Richmond Depot jackets, or even imported Tait jackets from Ireland I wouldn't hesitate to use these figures on any scene during the three day battle. If you are concerned about historical accuracy for a particular group's battle participation then you might have to pay closer attention to uniform detail, for example NC troops in specific state issued jackets. Georgia also issued state jackets. Weapons could be a personal issue for the collector also. For example, you wouldn't want to use a figure carrying an 1841 "Mississippi" rifle with a sword bayonet attached to it in a grouping of figures representing a Virginia regiment - they would have been carrying Richmond Arsenal, Springfields, and Enfields. The one FL figure shown carrying a Mississippi rifle with a sword bayonet attached to it is correct for this first offering because they are supposed to be troops from the 55th NC which was brigaded with 3 Mississippi regiments. This particular brigade would have been using the Mississippi rifle amonst them. All in all I really don't think this (proper uniforms/weapons) will be an issue with most collectors unless they are real "hair splitters" and a bit OCD ;):rolleyes:

Sackcoats would have been a rarity at Gettysburg and the imported Tait jackets did not arrive in the Virginia theatre until late 1864 although English Army cloth(the same fabric as in the Tait jackets),had been used in Richmond Depot jackets from late 1862.The bulk of jackets at Gettysburg would have been Richmond Depot 2s with a mixture of State issues thrown in for good measure.(ie North carolina shells,Georgia shells and frocks and Alabama shells).
Jeff

Sackcoats would have been a rarity at Gettysburg and the imported Tait jackets did not arrive in the Virginia theatre until late 1864 although English Army cloth(the same fabric as in the Tait jackets),had been used in Richmond Depot jackets from late 1862.The bulk of jackets at Gettysburg would have been Richmond Depot 2s with a mixture of State issues thrown in for good measure.(ie North carolina shells,Georgia shells and frocks and Alabama shells).
Jeff

Oops :eek:! Did I say sack coats - meant to say shell jackets :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back