Battle of the Bulge 1944-45 (4 Viewers)

Extremely realistic photos and beautiful setup. I know I’m stating the obvious when I say that First Legion has some of the best painted figures on the market!

Beyond words really, these pic's are such a good selling point for the product!

Tom

Not to distract from your great thread but I saw these today on the FL website. Love the heavy set fella smoking.
Finally some opposition.

Not to distract from your great thread but I saw these today on the FL website. Love the heavy set fella smoking.
Finally some opposition.

Looking forward to building up my American forces. Need something to take on those panzers.

Prior to the battle s.SS.Pz.Abt.501 (formerly s.SS.Pz.Abt.101) was rebuilt.

October 1944

This is a great photo again. I noticed I prefer the photos that have a clear focus, like in this one the KT. I missed that in the last crop of Stalingrad photos. But then, that is just my personal preferences.

This is a great photo again. I noticed I prefer the photos that have a clear focus, like in this one the KT. I missed that in the last crop of Stalingrad photos. But then, that is just my personal preferences.

I always appreciate your feedback.

The Bulge series has become one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to when the American portion of this series is built out a lot more

It actually took me awhile to find the guys in the ditch. It looks good. Really like it. Nice to use the KT as part of the background. As you do your own backgrounds, I wonder whether you could integrate vehicles into the background to double the number of vehicles you actually have. But that would probably require going back to digital backgrounds.

And as Matt would say: „And the figures aren’t half bad either.“

i must admit, after many years without vehicles, FL seems to play catch-up. WWII again has become one of their most prolific ranges. Unfortunately, I cannot keep up with vehicle purchases (there are now three in my wishlist). In addition, I cannot keep up with space requirements as I do not put more than one vehicle on a shelf (small shelf). It is a nice problem to have of course. But then, it is still a problem.

i blame Frank’s pictures quite a bit for that problem. The sub range that is lingering in my opinion is the late war subrange. I think it lacks a certain focus. Hence, Frank, please do not touch that one.

i had assumed that at some point, Matt would totally discontinue the use of battles for WWII to define sub-ranges. He got a lot of criticism to label the winter Tigers BB and the Sturmgeschütz NOR, but as he pointed out, there is just no subrange covering the gaps from Normandy to BoB and the period after BoB. Today, he would probably put the Tigers into the Late War subrange.

It's 6:00 a.m. and I am laying on my couch in the early morning darkness slowly recovering from my total right knee replacement surgery that was done 12 days ago. I am not allowed to do much . . . No more than 2-3 hours of activity per day. To the point - Frank I always thoroughly enjoy your photography of your TS collection. Truly art, each and every picture. I have emersed myself in your BoB photographs this morning. Thank you for taking the tedium and boredom away from my post op recovery . . . Just amazingly real . . . All the very best,
Mike

Come on. It is just a knee replacement.

LOL, I meant the Dio and Pics--it's simply awesome work (as usual)...but the fact we can replace joints is pretty cool too, keeps us geezers going strong
(not to mention good bit of pain) {sm2}

Awesome as always, Frank. Love those camo uniforms. Hard to tell that they are toy soldiers and not the real deal. Keep 'em coming!
{bravo}}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back