Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (3 Viewers)

Fubar,

I know this seems like a mutual admiration society but your stuff looks great. Are there any eras your dioramas don’t cover?

Here is my contribution for the day. I only have a couple of more days of photos left and then I'm going to give it a rest for a while. Then it will be your turn, LOL.

Carlos

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Keep em commin guys. There great looking idea makers for my imagination. I really like what you all have done. It makes me what to do better with my guys too.:) Michael

Great stuff :D - Carlos, Alex, Michael and co. - apart from the K&K stuff, are those mainly models that you made and painted yourself? :cool:

This is a little off topic. For the Conte church re-painters out there. What is the preferred paint brand to use ?

I happen to like the Tamiya acrylics, good selection, nice quality and it blends together very nicely. It also reacts well with the foam base of the Church & buildings.

Njja

One from a couple years ago. I did some Airfix, Airfix Multipose assorted Matchbox and some metal Valiant kits for the Commonwealth troops. Japs are Airfix Multipose, Marx, Repainted Deetail.
Fubar

Attachments

• burma3.jpg
    burma3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13,388
Another shot from the Defenders view

FUBAR

Attachments

• burma2.jpg
    burma2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 460
Some of my British Tommies. Again, Airfiix,Airfix multipose, Repainted detail, Matchbox and a few Valiant kits.Have about 100 done including 3 deetail morters and crews and 2 Vickers teams from the old Support group set by Airfix.Cromwells are Airfix 1/32 plastics. Basket cases I found at a toy show. I repaired and painted them. Need 1 more for a Platoon!

FUBAR

Attachments

• ww2brits.jpg
    ww2brits.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 454
Some more WW2 action.251D is a repainted 21st century model.PZ4 is an old Monogram kit. Built 4 of them and a year later FOV did them!Oh well.Germans are all Conte plastics , a couple conversions including the casualty in the rubble.

FUBAR

Attachments

• ww2.jpg
    ww2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 27,578
Monogram Panzer 4's rolling through the streets!

Attachments

• ww2pz4.jpg
    ww2pz4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 389
I like your Conte Church better Fubar. Did you paint all of those figures?

Here are some more pics. After Saturday, I'll you give you guys a break and leave some space on the forum for the rest of you guys.

Carlos

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

Thanks for the paint info. I actually had a friend recommend Krylon spray paint, but I told him I didn't want to end up with a big pile of GOO. I have lots of Tamiya paint in my inventory. I'll have to try it.

Yes you will find it a good match with no adverse reaction from the foam.

Njja

Carlos, I did not do a thing to the church. It's just as it came out of the boxs about 5-6 years ago.I've done very little to any of the Conte pieces except the 2 trench sections that go on either end of the Atlantic Wall Bunker. I redid the beach grass as it was over sprayed at the factory.
Yes I painted the figures .If they are not factory metals , I painted them.Working on Some Napoleonic Russian Dragoons at the moment.Plastic conversions again.I'll post a pic once done.

By the way, I use Acrylic ceramacoat quite a bit. It's cheap , covers very well. Vallejo are also very good but hard to find out here.Shops only stock the fantasy colors.Also Iron wind metals paints, Some Testors and polly S acrylics.Tamiya I use for their Kahaki, olive drab etc. Not my favorite but it does work.

More Krauts.
FUBAR

Attachments

• ww2battle.jpg
    ww2battle.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Nice dioramas Carlos, the 'Italian' Stug is my fav FOV armoured vehicle.

Btw, who makes the pontoon bridge in your pics?

OzDigger said:
Nice dioramas Carlos, the 'Italian' Stug is my fav FOV armoured vehicle.

Btw, who makes the pontoon bridge in your pics?

Thanks ODigger:

The pontoon bridge is King and Country's SP12. There a little hard to find now. I believe they were retired early 2005. You find them sometimes on eBAy or maybe a member on the forum has want they'll part with.

SP12.jpg

Originally it sold for $65. It's a nice piece.

I have a ton of KC WWII items but I still love the FOV die-cast vehicles over anything I've seen from other manufacturers despite the mismatch in scale. However, I do love the KC wheeled vehicles and the Figarti tanks are hard to beat.

I have you seen the new KC AK 10.5c artillery piece, its the best set I've ever seen. It has the best combination of grittiness, sculpture quality and beauty. The figures that come with it are wonderful too.

Carlos

Great stuff guys guys keep them coming! Not that i,ll be able to see them as my computor is down and I can,t get online(i,m at the public library right now)and its driving me nuts not being able to be online.

Last edited:
desk11desk12 said:
Thanks ODigger:

The pontoon bridge is King and Country's SP12.

Carlos

Thanks Carlos, it looks like it's ok for smaller vehicles but too small to handle most tanks of WWII. The FOV armoured vehicles are well detailed and excellent value, I have twenty of them. My least fav FOV tank is the Tiger I as it just doesn't look right but it's still better than some models in that scale. I haven't yet bought a K & C tracked vehicle as I feel the track detail is below standard for the amount of money. However some of their wheeled vehicles are up there with the best, as are their figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back