Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (4 Viewers)

Fubar,

you work is very impressive !!!

Seeing your napoleonic displays I remember why I collect Napoleonics. :)

Feel free to post more napolenic pictures!!!

more.. more.. more..

Sharpe

Thanks for all the praise Gentlemen, I appreciate it very much .It's nice to know
people like ones efforts.
A museum is in order. I have the space, timbers, steel for at least beginning construction.I do need a place for work, production and dioramas.It's so far just a dream but it is a goal that could be realized .Maybe this summer I'll get it going.I like to do things myself but I may have to hire it out .Take care of your back guys!

My Napoleonics have not been out of their barracks since last June 18.
Clearing the decks here for a Peninsula set up this weekend{ I hope} so I may have some images of a siege posted before too long.

Thanks again folks

Harold

FUBARRRR

Attachments

• 1815wat10.jpg
    1815wat10.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 266
Great stuff Harold keep it coming! I could just see your museum with large dioramas of many periods.

Nice pics Harold: All the pictures that been submitted by everyone are great. When your museum opens can I fly out there and be first in line? John

John, You know you are always welcome here.Just hop a flight to PDX and I'll swing by in the halftrack and give you a lift to the asylum. Just got back from the farm and was eyeballing{ AGAIN} the spot where I want the building. Theres still a pile of channel and angle irons in the way { I mean a PILE} and some RR Car chassis. My old mans a real Packrat. Almost got some slings and shackles to rig it up and drag it away with one of the lifts.Grounds pretty soft so i knew I'd get stuck.The 251 is all wrapped up for the winter and I decided I would take all the tarps off and use that.Of course BIG BLACK Clouds approaching.Heck with it.Sunny days around the corner.
Pop thinks I'm crazy.Wonder what his first clue was?
FUBAR:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1815wat5.jpg
    1815wat5.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 278
Nice stuff Fubar. I noticed you prefer the more natural looking yellowed battle ground 'grass' rather than the 'artificial' looking bright green that some modellers insist on.

Yeah, I have several different felt sections I bought at the fabric store plus foam hills and such I cut out with a hotwire and flocked.Can make about any terrain I need.Crops, haven't bothered with.

Since it's St. Patricks day I thought I would post a pic of my small Irish Dark ages force. I only did 1 60 figure warband for an Arthurian trip I was into for a while.

My ancestors were not from the Isles. They Pludered them!

Ragnar:eek:

Attachments

• da6.jpg
    da6.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 281
Fubar,

You may be a Longshoreman for the adult portion of your life, but it is clear that you have been a artist throughout your entire life. What a remarkable and productive talent you have! Not only will I come to see your museum but, if I had the talents and skills, I would help you build that musuem! You are truly gifted! You cannot imagine how much I would like to see the actual figures you have painted and the dioramas you have constructed.

My greatest compliments!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Bored last nite, fought a wargame with my young friend from the WW2 reenactment group. Saratoga, sorta.Sold off a painted 25mm army and have been picking up AWI sets and lots here and there for a few months.Thanks to Mike at ALMA miniatures in the UK. I bought row upon row of LOOSE mint Britians from him at a VERY good rate.He really helped me put the units together!

British held the redoubt { by a hair}and drove off { more like destroyed} the American center, while the British Light infantry tied up and isolated the American left.Fun evening. Wanted to enjoy the collection before I put it away to do a Peninsula siege. Danny boy wants a rematch.Fine, I'll be the Americans next time!
Still need some fine tuning on the troops, need a few of this and that.I'll have 2 King and Country British Line unit of 24. Going to wait until those 2 new figures they show are out!

The redoubt is a CTS bunker hill piece, with several other Conte Alamo PARTS and some Hobby bunker 3 pc gabions.Could have made it bigger, the better part of the table but I wanted some field action and manuver .

Fubar

Attachments

• sara1.jpg
    sara1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 254
More pix.Danny's doing his impression of Gilbert Goblindoid I guess.
Fubus

Okay, somehow with my limited puter expertise I managed to get 2 images in the same post. Lets see if I can do it again, this time on purpose!
sara7.jpg

sara4.jpg: BY DANG I THINK I T WORKED!eek:

Some of you will probably shriek out loud but I GLUED one of my CONTE American Militia Standard bearers to a steel base and terrained it.He just WOULD NOT STAND UP. The 2 KC Kings and Regimental colorbearers are in for the same treatment.:eek:
FUBARRRR

GREAT stuff Fubar, I've rarely seen that much detail for so many pieces on a large base..

FUBAR - great, ww2 can't compete - sent a couple of pics to the album to keep this going but too big for here.

FUBAR you are dangerous to my wallet. Now look at what you've done. I want to start on the AR series. Man-oh-man, what am I going to do? Michael

Yes, I am a bad influence, but in a good way.I wish I could influence my friends to take up 54mm. One of my good buddies did start collecting 54mm Conte ACW plastics. I showed him some conversions, and it wasn't long before he was merrily whacking figures apart to make different poses.Maybe this summer we'll find time to display both our collections in a massive display.

Panda1, I agree. WW2 is of intense interest and always has been, theres just no way { in my opinian} that it can compete with the visual splendor, color and Martial glory of massed Horse and musket period troops and nice terrain.
I have been fascinated with Napoleonics since I was a young lad and saw a calender, poster, maybe it was a puzzle glued together of Highlanders in Square hanging in a FEED and Tack store of all places.
The place smelled of leather, had lots of AMERICAN horseman type illustrations hanging about, John Deere farm toys and rows of { I think Bryertons?} horses, Elk, Bulls ect.Even some Britians Plastics stuf like A stables etc. Hardwood floors creaked when you walked around.
I could always be found standing in front of that Waterloo illustration.I was always seeking out books on Military subject with paintings so I could DRAW them.Was always drawing in class and always behind in my work!
Ahh, The good old days are gone forever.
FUBAR

I'm with you Fubar, when I was younger, I absolutely hated reading because, I had never found a book that interested me and I could not bring myself to read just any old book to do book reports. My mother was worried that I would never learn to read. I then came across a book on Waterloo in the library that had a painting of the Currassiers charging the squares. I read that book and spent alot of time looking at that picture. I was into 1/72 Airfix then and they began to produce their Napoleonic figs about that time (Highlanders & Currassiers came 1st, I believe) and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I'm still hoping that someone finds the missing 2 hours of Sergi Bondarchuk's Waterloo and they put it out on DVD.

Fubar,
Brilliant displays, remind me of when I used to wargame years ago, except I was using 25mm figures. Napoleonics was a favourite of mine along with the Seven Years War. I was also into the Colonial theme quite a bit and had large armies of Dervishes and a few British to beat them with. Nothing like a Gunboat and a few Maxim guns before dinner!! I used to take lots of photos of my games, so I will try a find a few and scan them, I know that they are not 54mm toy soldiers as such but I would welcome your comments.
Keep them coming.
Regards
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back