Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (2 Viewers)

I love this thread. It really does give us all the opportunity to see what fantastic work others are doing. It gives each of us the chance to show off our stuff too. Lets keep this one going. Great work to everybody. Michael.

P.S. I will be posting some WWII stuff just as soon as I get all the accessories and sets to complete them. I ended up using Modurail System stands from Wood Land Scenics http://www.woodlandscenics.com/index.htm (click on Layout Kits on the left menu, then Mod-U-Rail Systems, then Modules)
They really do make things go a lot smoother. I added AC plywood on the exterior and turned them into not only stands but storage for empty boxes.

desk11desk12 said:
The windshield on the latest KC Desert Transport (AK 26) is clear not painted blue or weathered.

Good on K & C for adding some more detailing, now about those tracks (an old Australian proverb says: "flogging a dead horse makes the others run faster" :) )

desk11desk12 said:
The 8-Ton Mover pulling the Flak 88 has a clear windshield but it’s weathered. This set is really a 21st Century Toy set painted and weathered by Mark V at Build-A-Rama for me as well as the PAK 40 originally manufactured by 21st Century Toys. After Mark finished his magic, and with more diorama pieces added to it, the only way could tell it wasn’t a KC was to pick it up.
Carlos

I have that set, except my half track is even lighter as it's plastic - bought it pre metal version :)

I also have that armoured car set, it's a nice model isn't it, shame about the 'amputee' though.

Last edited:
Shannon Reuss said:
Carlos, How do you get any work done sitting right next to your awesome diorama? Very nice!

Shannon,

I don't, that's why I go into the office everyday to work unless I have appointments with clients.

I gave up working at home (except the weekends or week nights) 6 months ago but I do have fun when I get home.

Carlos

Carlos, Your pictures are very inspiring. Inspiring me to Spend $$$$.
Must resist.
I can't wait until KC does another Arnhem line and see what you do with that!
I could tell you a story about a very nice guy at OTSN that offered me his entire collection of KC Arnhem range for what it retailed for.Except you would all laugh at me.My 1st trip to any show and I was foaming at the mouth for Napoleonics.
What did I know back then?

Great stuf CarlosWhen are the British set to attack?I wanna see that.

Fubar
:eek:

Carlos and Fubar - I turn my back for a minute..... Fantastic, you've really set the standard. :D Can't get my pictures on this thread.:mad:

panda1gen said:
Carlos and Fubar - I turn my back for a minute..... Fantastic, you've really set the standard. :D Can't get my pictures on this thread.:mad:

Here you go, first of all,

Know where your pictures are located on the PC (e.g. C:\ My Downloads)

1. Press “Post Reply” on the forum’s site

2. Type all of your text like you usually do.

Now its time to insert your picture files because you’re performing a file “INSERTION”, NOT a “COPY/ PASTING” function.

• Press “insert” button (paper clip icon) located among the various icons the forums gives you.

Another small window will appear called “Manage your Attachments”. Try not to let this window intimidate you.

• FIND PICTURE FILE ON YOUR PC: by pressing “Browse”, another window will appear, find and select the picture file you want to post on the forum. Click on that file, than the window will automatically close.

• UPLOAD SELECTED FILE TO FORUM SITE: Press: Upload button on the “Manage your Attachments” window. Your photo/ picture file will appear in the middle of this window under “Current attachments”. That’s good thing!

NOTE:
Did it work, if it didn’t, than the picture’s file format isn’t correct, “JPG” file format seems to work best for me. If the file format is good than it’s likely the file size violates the size limit (approx. 97kb). If this happens you’ll need another photo editing tool (e.g. Microsoft Photo Editor) to reduce the picture in hopes of reducing the file size of your picture before posting on the web. I do this all of the time.

POST YOUR PICTURE into the Forum Text field (i.e. “Reply to Thread” Window on the Forum) by pressing the insert button again (paper clip button), a very small window will appear displaying you attachment file name, select it. Your file will appear along with your text. It will look something like "(ATTACH)842(/ATTACH)". Make sure this file is located on a different text line than your text.

NOTE:
Each reply to thread or post can have as many as five (5) attachments or pictures.

Press “Preview Post” to see what it looks like before submitting your reply.

I hope this helps. Have fun.

Carlos

Carlos, thanks very much, its the size - finding it difficult to shrink them - I put some bigger pics in the album under Kevin Elliott.

Attachments

• IMG_1298a.JPG
    IMG_1298a.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1306c.JPG
    IMG_1306c.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 225
Well Panda that worked! Are those some older sets from KC? I like the infantry in particular but they must be older ones as I don't see them on the current lists of available items.

I got a frontline ruined Normandy village set in yesterday, very heavy, parts do line up very well. I put my 11 year old to work on it while I went to the farm.When I got back he had it all assembled with tanks and troops all over it.
Overall I am pleased with it and I can see it being used in seperate buildings mixed in with the conte and formtech ruins we already have.

Tables covered with Napoleonic Spanish village assault right now. I think when thats all put away I'll turn the kid loose and let him go hawg wild with the ww2 theme, then post some pics of his display.

Fubar;)

I use the following company, 'Image Shack, to 'host' my 'actual' pictures on different forums: http://imageshack.us/

The uploading is done the same way as described below, except to put it on Image Shack you press the 'host it'! button on their web site after choosing what size picture you want on your post.

The 'My Images' section holds pages of your pics, and the service is free. Of course you may have to register with them first but it's worth the small effort involved.

BTW, if my link doesn't work for you just google imageshack.

Last edited:
" There's twenty schillings on the drum,
for those who volunteered to come,
to list and fight the French today,
Over the Hills and far away

O'er the hills and o'er the main
through Flanders, Portugal or Spain
King George commands and we obey,
over the hills and far away

So fall in lad's behind the drum,
with Colors blazing like the sun
along the road to come what may
over the hills and far away"

pn6.jpg

pn2.jpg

Fanciful battle in Spain.Buildings, conte, hobby bunker and barzo.
Plastic and metals, maybe 1/2 my collection.French and the troops in green are Naussers, Germans fighting for Napoleon.British and some KGL and Brunswickers .

FUBAR

No wargame this week, just set it all up little by little over the weekend.
Couple more shots before I start putting troops away. I may try a solo SHARPES rifles game, but theres too many troops out there for that..

Fubarpn3.jpg

pn1.jpg

pn7.jpgToo much fun taking pictures.

pn8.jpg

Hope you enjoy.:)

haroldfubar

Big kid tonite.Did a few moves.Highlanders took the small redoubt, very costly.
Here, the French defenders fire was not enough to stop the British line.British guns and riflemen had softened up the position, the line took the grape, vollied, charged, French defenders broke,French Light Battalion reacted too slow to fill the breach and the British overran the guns.French Lights charge, British get in a ragged volley,vicious Melee ensues and the British retreat in disorder with half their number as casulaties.

Pic of the British as they got in the works.The French gun and infantry position in the foreground suffered the same from British Artillery and rifles.The survivors retreat, bottom right.

FUBAR

Attachments

• pn10a.jpg
    pn10a.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 318
Fubar,
Absolutely fantastic!!!! Just confirms why Napoleonics are the best.
Best regards
Jeff

Fubar said:
Well Panda that worked! Are those some older sets from KC? I like the infantry in particular but they must be older ones as I don't see them on the current lists of available items.

I got a frontline ruined Normandy village set in yesterday, very heavy, parts do line up very well. I put my 11 year old to work on it while I went to the farm.When I got back he had it all assembled with tanks and troops all over it.
Overall I am pleased with it and I can see it being used in seperate buildings mixed in with the conte and formtech ruins we already have.

Tables covered with Napoleonic Spanish village assault right now. I think when thats all put away I'll turn the kid loose and let him go hawg wild with the ww2 theme, then post some pics of his display.

Fubar;)

Yes, they are ws12w from the stalingrad series I think in the first, ws18w,ws23w in the second.

Attachments

• IMG_1063a.JPG
    IMG_1063a.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 297
The last ones were of course british marines, this one is an old stug3 plus grenadiers - found some smaller old photos

Attachments

• IMG_0839b.JPG
    IMG_0839b.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 289
Still can't compete with Napoleonics for shear spectacle:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0841j.JPG
    IMG_0841j.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 287

Users who are viewing this thread

Back