Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (1 Viewer)

Whatever you did a year sure beats the hell out of what I could do. Curious as to the tank that's in the photo dated April 11, 2005. Who made that?

Okay, that's it. I'm done after this for awhile, LOL. I was plenty bored right?
Neah, I love this stuff.

Keep collecting and having fun,

Carlos

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

15.JPG

Hi Brad, thanks for asking....

All of the tanks used in last year's April 11, pictures were from FOV including the 2 Tigers, Sherman, Pershing and the Matilda. Only the Matilda was a FOV "Action" series tank. I've since purchased the FOV "Enthusiast" version of the Matilda.

In case anyone doesn't already know this, only buy the Enthusiast FOV versions and NOT the Action version found in retail stores.

The FOV Enthusiast version can only be purchased through dealers. The Enthusiast version come with the worn torn weathered look.

Carlos

That's except for 1/72 scale FOV aircraft where the cheap action series is better than the enthusiast series for some strange reason. But I like the FOV 1/32 military range as they are usually well done and don't cost much.

Well Happy one year anniversary Carlos! Thats a great collection to amass in a years time.Just curious, do you sketch out how you want your displays to look as far as buildings, ect?I have a 6 x 12' table and I find it difficult at times to come up with something DIFFERENT as far as the layout where WW2 is concerned.
Happy collecting! I'll keep trying to twist your arm into another period like ACW.
I sense you getting weaker, weaker.

Harold
FUBARRRRRRRR:D

Hey Fubar,

I’ve recently started to plan out my larger diorama scenes; I’ve had to. The smaller dioramas ones I just wing it and its fun.

Before I begin with the plan, I have to first decide on a diorama theme. Once I make that decision, confined and limited space considerations necessitate planning by sketching it out on paper where the angle of the streets, roads, bridges and buildings will be laid out. Placing the trees, rocks, and other debris are simple after that.

Mark at Build-A-Rama taught be the importance of angles and elevation to make dioramas more visually interesting compared to symmetry (straight lines vertically and horizontally). I have the angles down but because I’m not a model builder the elevation thing is difficult for me to achieve. The exceptions are the buildings I typically use.

ACW isn’t a big draw for me yet because of space, budget and time considerations. However, I’ve just invested in KC and Figarti US Marines and some Japanese items to begin WWII in the Pacific. That whole scene is problematic but I look forward to the challenge and fun of setting that up.

Carlos

The next couple of days I'll posting better resolutions but smaller pictures of KC's AK series I've previously posted. Some of them will be slightly different poses. Once completed, I'll move onto another WWII theme.

I encourage others to post there pictures. We all have them.

Now I must really get back to work, I hope you enjoy these.

Carlos

13A.JPG

17a.JPG

20A.JPG

22A.JPG

24a.JPG

Bored again last nite. Should have done something more creative but I just wanted to see the ACW troops on the table again.Going to clear them off over the next couple days.More troops still in their tubbs. Ran out of room and steam.
a106.jpg

Have a six gun Yankee rifled battery + a Britians and Frontline 6 horse limber team.That I like. The Union should have a strong artillery unit represented.
Rebs are more hit and miss. Napoleons, a Whitworth and a couple 10lb. Parrot rifles.

a2006.jpg

FUBAR

Very cool Fubar. The ACW stuff looks very nice. I'll tearing my DAK diorama in the next week too.

Carlos

desk11desk12 said:
Very cool Fubar. The ACW stuff looks very nice. I'll tearing my DAK diorama in the next week too.

Carlos

Can you send that old DAK stuff you don't want downunder carlos :)

Today's edition. Okay, the Mark IV isn't exactly DAK but I like it anyway, LOL

Carlos

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Last edited:
Still bored.More ACWaone.jpg

artyreb.jpg

Lost cause
aone1.jpg

Harold Scott

FUBARRRRR

Oh man, that is some cool stuff but my hand gets scared thinking of painting so many figures.

I'm with Alex,

Fubar,

the scenes are awesome! The painting is truly for the artist with passion for history. There are alot of conversions there with those ACW fiures. Its just not a good paint job. The scale is 1/32?

I have a passion of history but the skill for painting still eludes me.

Good going.

Another installment from me DAK diorama....

Carlos

66A.JPG

68A.JPG

71.JPG

74.JPG

5.JPG

Just fantastic, Carlos, it didn't take you long to put those new Afrika Corp sets to good use, thanks for posting the great pictures.

Fred

Alex and Carlos, The troops are probably 60% metals from Britians , Conte and frontline so there is a lot of work with the plastics and conversions, but I think I only did 200 or so conversions and paint jobs over the last couple years.Always in bursts of enthusiasm.Paint a bunch until I'm sick of it but sooner or later I want to do more of them.
The Yankee guners are all metal or resin figs that came in the Conte playsets, or the rest that are Britians.

My hands shake too.They aint that great, they do match well with the factory metal but my best painting days are behind me as I just don't have the patience.I'd rather have 100 that look great enmasse than 10 that are perfect.Across the table , you can't see the perfect ones anyway, they look like the rest.

And Alex, you've got your hands full with the little ones! Finding time for pastimes like painting is a rare thing I know.

Carlos, anyone can paint figures. They always look pathetic until the last few steps when they come to life. halfway through you'll say, " Geez these suck" the trick being don't give up. You'll be surprised.

Harold
Fubarrrrrr

Attachments

• 25mmancients6.jpg
    25mmancients6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 295

Users who are viewing this thread

Back