Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (9 Viewers)

Flammenpanzer said:
Very nice, I really like the PTO diorama. What did you use for the broken palms?

Thanks Flammenpanzer,

It's a lot of fun. As I have mentioned in the past, I don't have the skill nor the patience of collectors like MarcT, Alex, a few others collectors to build my own pieces. So I build dioramas from bits and pieces taken from Build-A-Rama, George Guerriero, Figarti, KC and in this case JG Miniatures; specifically the bombed out palms are M47a through M47f.

I believe Shannon can special order them for you or Old Toy Soldiers of San Diego, and Spirt of 76 have them if memory serves me well.

I hope that helps,

Carlos

Heres another foam terrain piece. A British hillfort I made a few years ago for a wargame convention.Only image I have of it.
Foam circle, palisade,foam and celluclay ramparts,wooden dowels sharpened up. The buildings inside are commercial 25/8mm items I painted.Huge battle.1,000 Romans vs. 1,500 British Celts.
Roma Victa.Of Course.Wasn't even close but fun all the same.
Fubar

Attachments

• romancav.gif
    romancav.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 231
Wrong image, sorry. Just not working, file must be old.

Attachments

• hillfort.gif
    hillfort.gif
    16 KB · Views: 232
Another quickie, the 327th moving into Carentan with the help of the 2nd Armored. The last one I did in honor of my Nephew, who just informed me his Green Beret unit will be deployed to the "Sand Box" shortly.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to put 008 on the last post , it's not that good. Here is the one I wanted to do. For all of you guys who helped me thorugh my 1/6... 1/32 FOV and 21st Century stage. I bought my first 54mm piece. Conte Taking one with him...I love it. Working on a deal for House Cleaning Airborne style, Hedgerow #1 and the Col. Vandervort (John Wayne) figure. After I sell some of the stuff I have on EBAY, King and Country will be next. I should start a real Diorama in a few weeks. Alex

Attachments

• Diorama 018.jpg
    Diorama 018.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 258
It's raining out .....I'm board........ here is another one

Attachments

• Diorama 020.jpg
    Diorama 020.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I had to resize this one it wouldn't upload with the rest of them

Last edited:
You're dioramas are curiously similar to mine a year ago when I first started. FOV and Build-A-Rama are excellent starts to the hobby aren't they. Are those 21st Century figures?

However, I must saw those fire special affects are far ahead on me. Is that projected image in the background or what exactly is it?

Good job,

Carlos

Really nice work firebat. What scale are you using? Would that furniture work with 60mm K&C stuff? Right now, the only available furniture for 60mm comes from either K&C Streets of Hong Kong, the new K&C Napoleonic Table set, or you have to use custom made stuff.

Carlos
The figures are 21st Century plastic and FOV metal. The backrounds on the modern and the 327th Dioramas are cardboard backings, that came with 1/6 figures I had purchased (Sky and Forrest). The buiding in the German diorama is a HO scale building from my train layout.
I'll tell you, I am still struggling with all if this. I was a 1/35 scale modeler, and as we mentioned previously, that stuff was right on the money, but you had to build it. I still get a sense of toyishness from some of the 54mm stuff, although I have to admit the Conte piece I just got is nice. I dont like to show the base of a figure, so I do the best I can to hide them in a display. I saw King and Country in person, and needless to say that stuff is real nice but BIG. I am going for it any way, I'll just do separate displays. Like I said, I am not new to modeling, and after being exposed to all of these new products I still like the FOV stuff alot, some 21 Century, but there are not a lot of figures that match. Still having fun...Alex

Last edited:
Louis
Read the previous posting to Carlos for some info. The furniture is from the new Forces Of Valor accessory sets. I got them at www.goodstufftogo.net they have good prices, and are nice to deal with. I get all of my 1/6th scale stuff from them. As far as size, that has been my on going dilemma. I just bought my first Conte piece, and the furniture matches up well with it. Forces of Valor and 21st century are a but smaller than Conte, Britians etc. All of my dioramas have been done with 21st and FOV so far. I am very particular about scale, and I am in the process of evaluating various manufacturers, but I think you will be ok with the furniture ( Probably not with King and Country though ). If you need any more info let me know. Alex

In this one is with my first Conte Piece, I wanted to see how it fit...not bad

Last edited:
That AA halftrack is one of my fav Forces of Valor vehicles and includes some nice figures with it.

Thanks Njja,

What ever happened to your Conte Church diorama? Did you ever finish it? Did you ever make a full fledge diorama scene out of it?

Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back