Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (4 Viewers)

That might be true Fubar,

But you have to have the time, the right supplies, great training, money, this and that, etc.....

Oh heck, I'd rather have someone else do it and then set them up and have some fun, LOL.

Carlos

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

50A.JPG

54A.JPG

love the diaroma - where is the 88 from, not a King & Country one painted in desert colours is it?

red devil said:
love the diaroma - where is the 88 from, not a King & Country one painted in desert colours is it?

Red Devil, thanks for the compliment.

The Flak 88 is a repaint of the 21st Century Flak model. It original game painted in panzer grey.

Mark Vuncannon, Build-A-Rama repainted it and weatheed it. Take a look at his website:
http://www.build-a-rama.com/catalog_dios.shtml

Keep Collecting and having fun,

Carlos

Ok...so it is midnight and I am looking at all of these fantastic dioramas...Thats it... I can't take it any more, I have got to do one. So I raid my parts box, and start ripping open stuff that has been laying around for ever. Clear off the top of my desk, and start going for it. Two hours later I am finished with this temporary quickie. I would like to dedicate this scene to the troops that are fighting Terrorism around the world, and getting even for my Brother Firefighters that were killed on 9-11.

Attachments

• Iraq14OKresizededit.jpg
    Iraq14OKresizededit.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:
Firebat, what a good change to see a modern era diorama. It's just of those series that I have choosen to wait on until I can get this WWII and Napoleonics bug out of my mind. The FOV modern armour and men really do look very good. My son-in-law is a 2nd Lt. in the MN Air Guard. He started collecting the modern stuff when he was an enlisted combat medic. Now that he is an RN he has been promoted. The next time he deploys, in about three months, it will be on the Medivac flights out of Germany to Iraq and the US. At least he should be relatively safe, unless they figure out how to do a road side bomb in the atmosphere. Michael

Michael
My Nephew graduated as a Green Beret about two months ago, he dosen't have deployment orders yet, but he is currently in Arabic Language training. I guess we can assume where he will end up. By the way most of my stuff is WWII also. Alex

I agree with sceic2. FOV makes some great stuff don't they? You might try matching some of those modern FOV armor vehicles with some of the recent Figarti releases.

Carlos

Great fire effects there Firebat. FOV models are great models and good value for money, I have all of their WWII issues. I like the modern armor as well but I've found over the years it's best to draw a collecting line in the sand and stick to a basic theme. However I'm still unable to part with my post WWII Polistil (1/50) tanks.

Carlos
I have definately got my eye on the Figarti stuff. I was a little confused at first, being new to 1/32, but I am getting a handle on it thanks to the suggestions I got from everyone. I have 150 1/6 scale figures, I already put a few on Ebay, I think I am hooked on this stuff, looking foward to doing many more projects and sharing info with you guys. Alex

OzDigger said:
Great fire effects there Firebat. FOV models are great models and good value for money, I have all of their WWII issues. I like the modern armor as well but I've found over the years it's best to draw a collecting line in the sand and stick to a basic theme. However I'm still unable to part with my post WWII Polistil (1/50) tanks.

My wallet says, "you do have a limit," but, if I were to win the power ball or by some strange chance get rich quick, I would love to collect all the 1/50, 1/48 and 1/35 stuff that's out there. Take a look at all the Gaso.line, Solido/Verem, and other great diecast amour on these sites http://www.themotorpool.net/ and http://www.diecastdirect.com/default.asp?c=True

Yeah, for some of you guys who want models that are not "factory fresh" versions and would prefer a little wear and tear they are not for you, but I like'em.

Michael

Hi Michael et al, it certainly wasn't easy drawing that line as I had an extensive collection of post WWII models including the complete range of Corgi, Dinky and French Dinky military toys. However housing and education costs etc together with my passion for more models, plus the wife holding a gun to my head, forced me to make a decision :)

So I sold off most of my post WWII based toys including my favourite Corgi rocket models to concentrate on those from WWII. But believe me the cash flow hasn't improved that much as my collection includes 1/72, 1/43, 1/48, 1/50, 1/35, 1/32, 1/30, and yes even a few 1/6 figures and models. The 1/50 range has some models that aren't covered in any other scale and I have over two hundred models in that scale including Verem, Solido, Corgi, Dinky, Gas-o-line and Tank Museum. My favourite being a mint/boxed Brockway Bridgelayer complete with pontoons etc made by French Dinky in the 1970's. When you see diecast toys (yes toys) with that sort of detail, I hope some of you guys can understand why I sometimes rave on about that diecast stuff.

Here's a pic of a less than mint Brockway:
bigbrockway1lp.jpg

Of course the good thing with collecting is that even if you don't have much money you have time, 35 years in my case so far, to pace yourself and only buy what you like at the best price you can. I shake my head when I see new over keen collectors spending foolish amounts of money on eBay when they could get the model cheaper if they just wait a while longer - but that's the hard part of course :)

Last edited:
Alex, I agree, the FOV vehicles are splendid and the dioramas you did with them are splendid as well.I too like your fire effects.Three cheers for your Nephew too !

Fubar

Very nice Carlos. Inspiring too.
Keep them coming.Did you get your hands on any Japanese?
FuBar

noli-poli

Yes it is a Figarti Tank, good spot. This is a limited edition made by Figarti last November 2005 (I think) especially for Tree Frog. I believe there were only 20-25 made; this is #5.

Fubar,

Yes I have all of the KC "Japanese" sets offered by them since IWJ 08. I'll display them later.

Carlos

6.JPG

Carlos: Your diorama of the Marines is really neat. That is the type of diorama I always wanted to have. I think I will try making one after I finish a few projects. I have not made any in years.Nice work> John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back