Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (4 Viewers)

There's no doubt the color and style of uniforms is a big factor in figure collecting. I like Napoleonic as well as WWII but I've have tried to restrict myself to WWII when I can, the German camo smocks etc being my particular WWII favourites. The Allies had some cool camo gear in late WWII but I haven't seen much modelled in metal, Andy C, get right on that please :)

My favourite early era war movie is 'Waterloo', it's hard to find on dvd but I managed to copy it from tv years ago. The producers used thousands of Russian soldiers as extras (prior to cgi days) and although some aspects are apparently incorrect such as Black Prussian unifroms instead of dark blue, it really is a spectacular movie. I recall seeing it at the movies when I was a kid, my mum took me so I must have been rather young at the time - I think she may have a had a thing for men in uniform :)

Jeff, I have several 25mm armies remaining, mostly dark ages and Ancients, all newer figures like Gripping Beast, Foundry, Old Glory etc. I snuk a few in there in various posts and nobody seemed to complain, at least to me. I'd like to see them soplease lets see them.

My addiction to factory sets is intense, but I will not sell off any more 25mm that I did myself in order to buy something mass produced in Communist China.
I'll sell off a warband I didnt paint to buy something made in Red China!

Time to put away the AWI and diplay something else for a while.Last week I was in a Napoleonic mood and I have paited a few more things so Napoleonics it is.

Harold Scott

FUBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAr

OzDigger said:
There's no doubt the color and style of uniforms is a big factor in figure collecting. I like Napoleonic as well as WWII but I've have tried to restrict myself to WWII when I can, the German camo smocks etc being my particular WWII favourites. The Allies had some cool camo gear in late WWII but I haven't seen much modelled in metal, Andy C, get right on that please :)

My favourite early era war movie is 'Waterloo', it's hard to find on dvd but I managed to copy it from tv years ago. The producers used thousands of Russian soldiers as extras (prior to cgi days) and although some aspects are apparently incorrect such as Black Prussian unifroms instead of dark blue, it really is a spectacular movie. I recall seeing it at the movies when I was a kid, my mum took me so I must have been rather young at the time - I think she may have a had a thing for men in uniform :)

If that is the Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer version of Waterloo, I have it re-issues on DVD and it has been remasterd - excellent:D

Germans on patrol, not the same as Napoleonics - are we going to keep this going?;)

Attachments

• IMG_1057b.JPG
    IMG_1057b.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2344aa_1.JPG
    IMG_2344aa_1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2346ae.JPG
    IMG_2346ae.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
panda1gen said:
If that is the Rod Steiger and Christopher Plummer version of Waterloo, I have it re-issues on DVD and it has been remasterd - excellent:D

That's the one Panda, and thanks, I'll see if I can find that dvd downunder.

It had some great 'quotes', my fav being:
Lord Uxbridge: By God, Sir. I've lost my leg.
Duke of Wellington: By God, Sir. So you have.

and: [Observing the advance of the Gordon Highlanders]
Napoleon Bonaparte: Has Wellington nothing to offer me but these Amazons?
(I wonder if they still call them the Gay Gordons. Not that there's anything wrong with guys wearing skirts, sorry, kilts :D )

Here are some more quotes from the movie (spoiler warning): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066549/quotes

Here's a link for those that haven't seen the movie yet:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6301954947/104-7976192-7807950?v=glance&vi=quotes-trivia&n=404272

Btw, can someone please explain how to put in a link name in lieu of the actual link numbers/characters?

Love the Germans Pandagen. I guess I corrupted my almost 12 year old boy years ago. All he likes are our Germans.

Waterloo DVD, yes got it via ebay from a Gent in Canada.Set me back a whopping $14.00 shipping included. Restored, quite a few scenes edited back in I guess. At least they were not on my old worn out VHS.
Yeah, theres a few things to gripe about. Prussian Black ect. You and I might see it and bemoan it's not perfect but I think at least for this little bit they did it for the general viewing audiance.
I keep hearing rumors this was a 4-5 hour long film.If thats the case, heck yes I would love to see it fully restored.Still very happy with the quality of the SHORT version!
" This man knows how to defend a hopeless position. Ah, Raise him to Corporal!"
" Make it a goat next time Sonny, and you'll be a sargent!"

Yes Panda , we'll keep it going !Peninsula images coming.
FUBARRRRRRRRRRRRRR;)

No rumor, fact, Waterloo was originally 4 hours. Theater owners complained bitterly that they couldn't make a profit so, it was pulled and edited down to the version we see today. A friend of mine saw it before the edit in theaters. The guy at Belle & Blade has been searching for the lost footage for years. They are probably chillin in some Russian salt mine waiting to be discovered. I can't believe that someone would just toss 2 hours.

Here is some pictures of my office at home counter tops.

I like KC AK stuff, can you tell? Sorry about the details on the pictures. There are file size limits on what you can post on this site.

Carlos

P3230190.JPG

P3230200B.JPG

P3230217B.JPG

P3230232B.JPG

P3230247B.JPG

Carlos, You've been busy collecting! Is all that stuf new???
Looks great!
Now you just need someMatilda's, Crusaders, Grants and a swarm of desert rats closing in !
The wait for new releases must kill ya.

old image attatched

FUBAR

:p

Attachments

• wwtwopg.jpg
    wwtwopg.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 324
It looks like sandpaper to me. Btw, is that really a clear windscreen in the K & C halftrack?

The desert ground cover is JGM’s “Dry grass base” (S21). I’ll be transferring this scene to table top in the other room within a month or two when the new KC 8th Army stuff comes out.

Then I’ll be using Lemax “Sand Display Mat 24780” landscape displays. This stuff cheap and with decorative sand from any hobby shop can be applied liberally around any diorama accessories and figures to achieve some very nice realism.

The Palm trees are from Department 56, retired “Town of Bethlehem” series but you can get these on eBay. The other Palm Trees were made by Mark at Build-A-Rama especially for me. Thanks Mark.

Almost all of the rest of the great diorama accessories are from Build-A-Rama. Mark you’re the best!

There are a few Figarti pieces mixed in and the large Form Tech Desert structures were superbly painted and weathered by George Guerriero, at Minuteman. The rest of the diorama pieces are “odds and ends” I’ve managed to accumulate.

The windshield on the latest KC Desert Transport (AK 26) is clear not painted blue or weathered. The windshield on the Demag Halftrack Set (AK 20) is not clear and is painted blue.

The 8-Ton Mover pulling the Flak 88 has a clear windshield but it’s weathered. This set is really a 21st Century Toy set painted and weathered by Mark V at Build-A-Rama for me as well as the PAK 40 originally manufactured by 21st Century Toys. After Mark finished his magic, and with more diorama pieces added to it, the only way could tell it wasn’t a KC was to pick it up.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Good Collecting and keep having fun,

Carlos

Carlos: Thanks for posting AK pictures and explanation of scenery. I am getting fired up on the AK stuff. Have not done any since the Tamiya kits and then I had a large diorama made with celluclay and other stuff. There is a nice selection of accessories on the market now. John

Carlos, How do you get any work done sitting right next to your awesome diorama? Very nice!

Hi- Disk11Disk 12 - neet layout. Thanks for sharing. How do you get more than 1 picture to show in a message, I can't seem to make it do it.
PS: where did you get the pam trees, K&C?

Thanks Toot :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back