Britain's American Civil War (7 Viewers)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Recently a number of threads have been started :) where forum members have shared images of their Wm. Britain ACW collection. I thought perhaps instead of several ACW threads why not just have one dedicated to this WB range. Having a single thread for Britain's Zulu War has been very successful, why not one for the War Between the States? :D So here is my invitation to all of you WB Civil War collectors . . . . . . . . Mike

WBACWInvitation.jpg

My two shelf displays of WB ACW....

Attachments

• DSCN3484Resized.jpg
    DSCN3484Resized.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • DSCN3532Resized.jpg
    DSCN3532Resized.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,215
My two shelf displays of WB ACW....

You have a very nice looking collection Lenswerks. I like the way you have arranged both shelves. I noticed in the upper picture that you are lucky to have WB set #17631 Confederate Wounded w/Drummer Boy. That's one set I want to add to my collection that's been eluding me.
Mike

Great to see you ACW buffs strutting your stuff.
Along with Reb's great dioramas and all this new stuff my slightly dormant interest in the War to Preserve the Union is being rekindled.

An excellent idea Mike, and you never know I may add a few CW pieces to my Britains collection. :)

Found some time to play tonight. Still arranging my farm stead trying to come up with what I think is this best overall arragement. Here are some pictures of what I did tonight.
Mike

The rebels suddenly swarmed down the road and out of the farm yard like a hive of angry gray clad hornets

PICT0011.jpg

Observing the assault

PICT0007.jpg

Advancing the colors

PICT0008.jpg

Rear rank load! Front rank fire!

PICT0009.jpg

Feeling the sting of lead hornets

PICT0010.jpg

Very nicely done Mike and your pictures show what you've got in mind but got a hunch they'll be changes made as you add figures to your ACW collection.,,,,The Lt.

Looking good Mike!

This Brit Reb is on vacation in Spain from this Friday for a week can your Stonewall Brigade hold the line? I will send reinforcements soonest ;)

Reb

How about having in the 'dioramas' section a heading for each main historical range, then people can load their pictures under the appropriate heading and it would be easier to look at other displays and dioramas that you are particularly interested in:

For Example;

WWII
WWI
Zulu
Napoleonic Wars
ACW
American Revolution
etc

You could always put sub headings under the main heading for the bigger ranges like WWII?

Just a thought! :)

ps - that display looks awesome! :cool::D

How about having in the 'dioramas' section a heading for each main historical range, then people can load their pictures under the appropriate heading and it would be easier to look at other displays and dioramas that you are particularly interested in:

For Example;

WWII
WWI
Zulu
Napoleonic Wars
ACW
American Revolution
etc

You could always put sub headings under the main heading for the bigger ranges like WWII?

Just a thought! :)

ps - that display looks awesome! :cool::D
That might make it a bit more difficult to keep track of since you would have to check under all the subheading or additional headings. I think posting under the manufacturer with a dio thread heading is still the best way.

Last edited:
That might make it a bit more difficult to keep track up since you would have to check under all the subheading or additional headings. I think posting under the manufacturer with a dio thread heading is still the best way.

Agree

Found some time to play tonight. Still arranging my farm stead trying to come up with what I think is this best overall arragement. Here are some pictures of what I did tonight.
Mike

The rebels suddenly swarmed down the road and out of the farm yard like a hive of angry gray clad hornets

PICT0011.jpg

Observing the assault

PICT0007.jpg

Advancing the colors

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Very nice Mike;):cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Mike

PICT0011.jpg

Observing the assault

PICT0007.jpg

Advancing the colors

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Looks good Mike!

Titus

Users who are viewing this thread