Britain's Zulu War (3 Viewers)

I've a hunch the lads defending the storehouse Scott are working up a thirst....The Lt.

4002.jpg

Received my Standard this moring and although I enjoyed Ian Knights telling of The fall of the Isandlwaa Camp the Scuptor's Story by Ken Osen telling his story was a greater read for me and I thank him for sharing it........The Lt.

Received my Standard this moring and although I enjoyed Ian Knights telling of The fall of the Isandlwaa Camp the Scuptor's Story by Ken Osen telling his story was a greater read for me and I thank him for sharing it........The Lt.

I have to agree with you LT. I really enjoyed Ken's story.

It was a good read.

Thanks Martyn and Scott here's another once again playing on Ken's base in the event your still on your first cup or started on your second cup of coffee.......Joe

004-17.jpg

Thanks Martyn and Scott here's another once again playing on Ken's base in the event your still on your first cup or started on your second cup of coffee.......Joe

004-17.jpg

A very nice looking backdrop photo, great looking figures and all displayed on/with another fantastic creation from Ken Osen - the best made dio bases available IMHO. A very nice mid-morning break for me Joe.
:) Mike

2nd cup and 2nd photo is just as good. Still waiting to hear back from Ken regarding a similar base for my Land of the Zulus:)

Joe:

After seeing your base (and how perfectly you have blended it with your backdrop), Mike Mestell's and Michael Miller's, I have to agree that Ken's bases are incomparable. I'm sold. After seening the range of H&A products and how well you all have incorporated them into your dioramas, I shouldn't be surprised. I have quite a few H&A scenic accessories sitting in my projects box waiting for me to get to it, but after seeing Ken's final products, it's a bit intimidating. I guess I'll bite the bullet soon (as so many of yur zulus have :) ). As always, your dios are beautiful. As obsessed as you are with Zulus, have you considered a visit to Rorke's Drift? I was there many years ago. There is a little museum there, not much else; however, there is something a little terrifying about being in that huge open space, looking behind to the hill where the zulu snipers were situated and the horror of what it must have been like to be there. I think I read that some of the complex was being restored a few years ago.

Joe:

After seeing your base (and how perfectly you have blended it with your backdrop), Mike Mestell's and Michael Miller's, I have to agree that Ken's bases are incomparable. I'm sold. After seening the range of H&A products and how well you all have incorporated them into your dioramas, I shouldn't be surprised. I have quite a few H&A scenic accessories sitting in my projects box waiting for me to get to it, but after seeing Ken's final products, it's a bit intimidating. I guess I'll bite the bullet soon (as so many of yur zulus have :) ). As always, your dios are beautiful. As obsessed as you are with Zulus, have you considered a visit to Rorke's Drift? I was there many years ago. There is a little museum there, not much else; however, there is something a little terrifying about being in that huge open space, looking behind to the hill where the zulu snipers were situated and the horror of what it must have been like to be there. I think I read that some of the complex was being restored a few years ago.

Nicholas it would be nice if I were in a position to afford a trip to South Africa to visit the Mission Station but in my own way I can visit it daily with the Mission Station I created. As to biting the bullet in purchasing one of Ken's and Erikca bases you'll be very pelease that you did bite the bullet.

Here's another of my photo dioramas I put set up featuring Ken's gift which I cherish........The Lt.

012-11.jpg

Nicholas it would be nice if I were in a position to afford a trip to South Africa to visit the Mission Station but in my own way I can visit it daily with the Mission Station I created. As to biting the bullet in purchasing one of Ken's and Erikca bases you'll be very pelease that you did bite the bullet.
Here's another of my photo dioramas I put set up featuring Ken's gift which I cherish........The Lt.

012-11.jpg

I second the motion to "bite the bullet" Nicholas - You can't go wrong on one of Ken's wild grass dio bases.
:) Mike

I see 4 of the Zulu figures scheduled for July have now been moved to September on the Britain's site. Certainly messes with the preorders and postage costs, when only partial orders can be completed. Dam.

Hi There!
I was just catching up on the various threads. We would be happy to quote any size 'Wild Grass' base needed for the AZW. This would be just like the one done for Joe with some of the characteristic small plants and rocks as seen in images of the real area.
Feel free to contact us any time!
All the Best,
Ken

Joe:

I see 4 of the Zulu figures scheduled for July have now been moved to September on the Britain's site. Certainly messes with the preorders and postage costs, when only partial orders can be completed. Dam.

Fortunately for me though this has worked to my advantage as the release of the storehouse this month takes up most of my budget. I believe there was a fire in one of the factories which has put production behind. I have also noted that when the new wave of figures are announced at the beginning of each year with the schedule release date they are subject to change so never really read to much into the initial scheduled dates.

Sound The Alarm!

An encampment of the 24th Foot comes under attack from a Zulu war party testing the strength and weakness of their British foe.

Watercolour
Lt. William Griffith
24th Foot
Natal, 1879

Attachments

• HereTheyComeSm.jpg
    HereTheyComeSm.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back