Britain's Zulu War (2 Viewers)

Sound The Alarm!

An encampment of the 24th Foot comes under attack from a Zulu war party testing the strength and weakness of their British foe.

Watercolour
Lt. William Griffith
24th Foot
Natal, 1879

Excellent Randy

Cheers

Martyn:)

Looking forward to setting up a similar scene as Randy later this year, when the tents are released.

Joining in the fun and a clip from the donga.

DSC02818.jpg

And their target

DSC02819.jpg

I picked up the Durnford and Adendorff figures this weekend and set them up with Schiess and my 2 Natal Mounted Police. Adendorff and Schiess were at Rorke's Drift, not Isandlwana but we know that Durnford had members of the Natal Native Contingent and the Natal Mounted Police fighting along side him at Isandlwana, so I set them up in that spirit. Richard says that we will be getting more N.N.C. figures including the African members who were at Isandlwana with Durnford. Hopefully we will see some of the Natal Native Horse who were also there as part of Durnford's troop. The rocket battery would be nice too!:D Durnford's role in the battle is described at:
http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/isandhlwana/durnford.htm

Attachments

• DurnfordsLastStandSm.jpg
    DurnfordsLastStandSm.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 87
I picked up the Durnford and Adendorff figures this weekend and set them up with Schiess and my 2 Natal Mounted Police. Adendorff and Schiess were at Rorke's Drift, not Isandlwana but we know that Durnford had members of the Natal Native Contingent and the Natal Mounted Police fighting along side him at Isandlwana, so I set them up in that spirit. Richard says that we will be getting more N.N.C. figures including the African members who were at Isandlwana with Durnford. Hopefully we will see some of the Natal Native Horse who were also there as part of Durnford's troop. The rocket battery would be nice too!:D Durnford's role in the battle is described at:

"What a bright sunshiny day for some musketry practice! Ah this grand adventure for 'or Queen!"

:cool:

Very nice acquisitions Randy and another great photo.
:) Mike

You can never fault Scott's creativity when in come to his playtime with his Zulu War sets an figures and agree SP his last photo's a gem. Knew it wouldn't be long Randy before your new Zulu War figures would be making their appearance and nicely featured with another selection of classic photos.

Joining Scotts in defending his Mission Station is the Reverend Smith providing words of encouragement while handing out packets of ammo. You'll note a favorite of mine is about to receive his.........The Lt.

010-13.jpg

The Reverend contiunes making his rounds handing out ammo packets...The lt.

1003-9.jpg

Joining Scotts in defending his Mission Station is the Reverend Smith providing words of encouragement while handing out packets of ammo. You'll note a favorite of mine is about to receive his.........The Lt.

010-13.jpg

The Reverend contiunes making his rounds handing out ammo packets...The lt.

1003-9.jpg

I have said it before and I will say it again "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition". Two very nice photos to enjoy my coffee with this morning Joe.
:) Mike

That's a very crisp photo Randy...love how you have added the smoke coming out of the barrels...:cool:

Thanks Michael as I once again return to the Mission Stations as the the defenders are manning the biscuit box wall....The Lt.

3013-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back