Cool 80's Movies (2 Viewers)

Here's my list of 12 favourites from the 1980's, had some great times watching these at the movies then on videos at home or at friends houses. Not such a good time for fashion, my brother had a pair of MC Hammer style baggy pants which we still tease him about.

Aliens
American Werewolf in London
Big Trouble in Little China
Blade Runner
Das Boot
Diehard
Mad Max 2
Poltergeist
Predator
Robocop
The Empire Strikes Back
The Thing

Forgot to include 'Christine', another classic from the 80's.

Last edited:
Here's my list of 12 favourites from the 1980's, had some great times watching these at the movies then on videos at home or at friends houses. Not such a good time for fashion, my brother had a pair of MC Hammer style baggy pants which we still tease him about.

Aliens
Big Trouble in Little China
Blade Runner
Das Boot
Diehard
Mad Max 2
Poltergeist
Predator
Robocop
The Empire Strikes Back
The Thing

Forgot to include 'Christine', another classic from the 80's.

You've listed some great flicks OZ, yeah the opening scene in Christine gives ya a taste of things to come.......fantastic movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQSCpi4tkA

Some British films from the 80s

Long Good Friday
Gregory's Girl
Gandhi
The Elephant Man
Brazil
Time Bandits
The Bond films

One of my all time favourites is part British. Blade Runner

AND an honourable mention for Morons From Outerspace ^&grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiHYYZwnKLg

Some British films from the 80s

Long Good Friday
Gregory's Girl
Gandhi
The Elephant Man
Brazil
Time Bandits
The Bond films

One of my all time favourites is part British. Blade Runner

AND an honourable mention for Morons From Outerspace ^&grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiHYYZwnKLg

Some fantastic movies there Martin and 'Moron's from Outerspace takes me back as do the others.^&grin .I didn't get to see either The Long Good Friday or American Werewolf in London on there release as I believe they were 'R' rated at the time and I was just a young teen in the early 80's.

We did have an old run down local movie theatre which would let almost anyone in, especially a group of young guys with money to burn, so we got to see quite a few flicks, including plenty of 'R' rated ones, when they ran dusk to dawn movie seasons......Got to see the first 'Alien' feature back then and knew absolutely nothing about it, we all nearly poo'd our pants when the wee Alien suddenly popped out of the poor sods tum during breakfast.{eek3}

I'm probably sounding a bit nostalgic here, but going to the movies was a big thing back then and life seemed a lot less complicated. I still remember when theatres still had 'intermission' halfway through the movie for you to grab more ice-cream and popcorn.

Fun times.^&grin

Some fantastic movies there Martin and 'Moron's from Outerspace takes me back as do the others.^&grin .I didn't get to see either The Long Good Friday or American Werewolf in London on there release as I believe they were 'R' rated at the time and I was just a young teen in the early 80's.

We did have an old run down local movie theatre which would let almost anyone in, especially a group of young guys with money to burn, so we got to see quite a few flicks, including plenty of 'R' rated ones, when they ran dusk to dawn movie seasons......Got to see the first 'Alien' feature back then and knew absolutely nothing about it, we all nearly poo'd our pants when the wee Alien suddenly popped out of the poor sods tum during breakfast.{eek3}

I'm probably sounding a bit nostalgic here, but going to the movies was a big thing back then and life seemed a lot less complicated. I still remember when theatres still had 'intermission' halfway through the movie for you to grab more ice-cream and popcorn.

Fun times.^&grin

American Werewolf is a great film, and Jenny Agutter gets her kit off (as usual). Which I forgot when I first showed it to my son. He was old enough but his Mam was in the room!!
^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back