I got a Golden Ticket! (1 Viewer)

The postman has derived my Gift Boxed Set from John today,
and seeing my card was from the 19th Century Collection,
I received the Napoleonic 21st Portuguese Infantry Firing Line !!!

VERY NICE !!

In addition John packed in 5 x Resin master figures for me to paint, 2 x Gallipoli (for my ANZAC Collection) and 3 x War of the Roses ( 2 of which are not released yet :) :))

Thanks SO much John, for this generous gift,

John

Sounds like you really scored there John.Look forward to seeing your figures when you have painted them.Best of luck.Greg.

got an awesome set in the mail today for my "Gold Ticket"...

absolutely perfect for my collection...

thanks John...

Happy 10th...

Attachments

• 101_1768.jpg
    101_1768.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 356
So. . . opened my two new boxes of Canadian Militia and guess what? I got another Golden Ticket! Who'da thunk?

Thanks again, John!

Bests,
Chris

I received my first 2 WOR Golden Ticket prizes some time ago. (Sent direct from my UK Dealer……) 1 set of YORK 27 Billmen and 1 set of OXLANC 09 Billmen – and a most appreciated addition to my WOR forces they were.

I received to my astonishment a further 2 WOR Golden Tickets (making a total of four) with my purchases from the LTSS and I have just received the prizes.
Upon opening the parcel (This time sent direct from JJD Hong Kong) I was intrigued to see the 2 boxes had the WOR logo on the top but no descriptive label on the sides.

One box contained 2 LANC 30 Archers that were released as single figures – one is painted as a standard LANC 30 but the other has a paint job I haven’t seen before.
The other box contained one of each figure from the YORK/LANC 27 Billmen set. The LANC figure is in the standard paint colours – the YORK, again a paint job I haven’t seen before.

I don’t know whether they are just a couple of "one off" paint jobs or possibly a new retinue that is forthcoming? Whichever, great stuff!

I have to say, especially given the way things are at the moment John has been incredibly generous with these Golden Tickets. He really has given something back to the collector. (I know for sure I’m not the only one who has received multiple tickets.)

To buy over here what I have received would have cost me around £269.00!

Many, many thanks to you John.

(Unknown paint jobs in middle of pics)

Attachments

• P1080210.JPG
    P1080210.JPG
    512.9 KB · Views: 252
  • P1080205.JPG
    P1080205.JPG
    346.2 KB · Views: 259
I received my first 2 WOR Golden Ticket prizes some time ago. (Sent direct from my UK Dealer……) 1 set of YORK 27 Billmen and 1 set of OXLANC 09 Billmen – and a most appreciated addition to my WOR forces they were.

I received to my astonishment a further 2 WOR Golden Tickets (making a total of four) with my purchases from the LTSS and I have just received the prizes.
Upon opening the parcel (This time sent direct from JJD Hong Kong) I was intrigued to see the 2 boxes had the WOR logo on the top but no descriptive label on the sides.

One box contained 2 LANC 30 Archers that were released as single figures – one is painted as a standard LANC 30 but the other has a paint job I haven’t seen before.
The other box contained one of each figure from the YORK/LANC 27 Billmen set. The LANC figure is in the standard paint colours – the YORK, again a paint job I haven’t seen before.

I don’t know whether they are just a couple of "one off" paint jobs or possibly a new retinue that is forthcoming? Whichever, great stuff!

I have to say, especially given the way things are at the moment John has been incredibly generous with these Golden Tickets. He really has given something back to the collector. (I know for sure I’m not the only one who has received multiple tickets.)

To buy over here what I have received would have cost me around £269.00!

Many, many thanks to you John.

(Unknown paint jobs in middle of pics)

Congratulations Roy !!

Going from; "I never, ever, win anything" to this, is an amazing string of luck.
You must be living right.

Figure differences are interesting.
Is it just the colour on the legs of each figure ?
My eyesight doesn't notice too much difference.
Does it look like they are 'finished' ?

Archers look really good...bow strings seem to be tight.

Thank you for posting.

Congratulations Roy !!

Going from; "I never, ever, win anything" to this, is an amazing string of luck.
You must be living right.

Figure differences are interesting.
Is it just the colour on the legs of each figure ?
My eyesight doesn't notice too much difference.
Does it look like they are 'finished' ?

Archers look really good...bow strings seem to be tight.

Thank you for posting.

Thank you Ivanhoe! Yes my luck certainly has changed at last (not too sure about the "living right" though....!)

The Billman figure has the following differences: tassel of Pole arm - white, cloth head/side of face covering under helmet - light grey, tunic under padded jacket - grey, leggings - very dark grey/black.

The Archer: Leggings - dark grey/black, tunic under padded jacket - Grey

Both figures are definitely finished, complete with the usual JJDesigns label under base.

(I have tautened all my bowmen's strings by gently bending the Bows.)

Cheers,
Roy

Several years back, I arrived early at a trade show down in "Moscow on the Colorado." It was raining cats-and-dogs when I got there. Then it got a lot worse. There was terrible flooding, and the facility management had to close the entrance to the parking garage. As a result, only FIVE people with tickets made it onto the floor of the exhibition.

Despite the menacing weather, there was a silver-lining in the situation. At long last, I was going to win a door prize, as there were FOUR of them. The folks running the show dutifully drew the lucky numbers (actually business cards) out of a bowl and, "the winner is,"...the other four guys! No dice! Truth be told, I can't win at anything random!:redface2:

Hehe, come rain or drought, there are no "golden tickets" down in TX!:wink2::smile2:

-Moe

Last edited:
Thank you Ivanhoe! Yes my luck certainly has changed at last (not too sure about the "living right" though....!)

The Billman figure has the following differences: tassel of Pole arm - white, cloth head/side of face covering under helmet - light grey, tunic under padded jacket - grey, leggings - very dark grey/black.

The Archer: Leggings - dark grey/black, tunic under padded jacket - Grey

Both figures are definitely finished, complete with the usual JJDesigns label under base.

(I have tautened all my bowmen's strings by gently bending the Bows.)

Cheers,
Roy

Thank you.

Will be interesting to see if they are unique or forthcoming...like you said though, great to receive.
Wonderful figures.

Let you know the outcome of my tickets, hopefully some new WOR figures. Robin.

In this afternoon's mail I received GWB-55, GWB-57, and GWB-58 (the new Royal Garrison Artillery sets for the Thornycroft AA Gun) and also WAD-01A Desert Armoured Car Crew which also included a Golden Ticket . . . . . Having a very good afternoon . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Thank you John, this what my 2 Golden tickets produced. Robin.

Attachments

• P7110001.jpg
    P7110001.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 300
Time to revive this thread!! I know others have gotten tickets lately....any fun items received from John & Yvette?
Don't forget to send him cool stamps on your submissions {sm4} if you have not mailed in your ticket yet!

About a month ago, I received a golden ticket for the "Great War" series. I was fortunate to receive this in the mail!

GWA10.jpg
Cheers,

Brendan

I have one to cash in upon my HK return - I'm experiencing almost child-like excitement 😂😂😂

I opened the box of my amazing William Brandon with Battle Standard, from the Wars of the Roses line and there, on top of the protective foam packing, was a Golden Ticket! Flashbacks of Willie Wanka danced through my head. To receive such a wonderful figure and also be surprised with the Golden Ticket was a real Christmas treat! I consider this to be the nicest mounted medieval figure I have ever received...bar none! It will be exciting to see what I receive, after I mail in the ticket.Golden Ticket.jpg

Got two! One in the AEF fuel truck last month and one one in the Fokker E.III I got for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back