King and Country Glossy (1 Viewer)

The Chess Set is Excellent! Your having a Banner Year!

I really have had a great year collecting. I have my wife and mother in law out looking for a nice antique chess table to display the Waterloo Chess Set on.

Oh no! Now you have them encouraging you! This is certainly one for the

record books!

You have really hit on something here! When the wife is at the breaking

point you ask her to find a nice curio cabinet so your things aren't all over...

.....when she finds one you tell her its lovely.....but a little empty so you will

just have to fill it!:D:D

Why its brilliant, my wife may even have to fire the divorce lawyer she had

on retainer :eek::D:)

John,

As long as I keep the stuff in my museum where she doesn't have to see it, and I pay the bills, I get no complaints about my collecting habits from my lovely wife . . . that being said, I do not exactly advertise how much I spend . . . :eek::p;)

Thanks once more Gentlemen-I look forward to your collaborations.Congrats on the completed set of Afghan Tribesmen (beautiful colors) & the Nap. Brit. Gren. Co. figures are exquisite -I can't recall a more pleasing version from anywhere(one).Like the photo too -crisp and close.It is a great pity K&C no longer produce glossies,but then I'd just be a d----d nuisance at more eBay auctions.:D:rolleyes:,o.

John,

As long as I keep the stuff in my museum where she doesn't have to see it, and I pay the bills, I get no complaints about my collecting habits from my lovely wife . . . that being said, I do not exactly advertise how much I spend . . . :eek::p;)

Smart, very smart......but how much do you tip the mailman?

My wife bakes him brownies......so he rats me out! Little phrases like

another box for John.......how come you never get packages?:eek::eek:

He barely beat Boo to his mail truck!........What? The door slipped open

who knew a 135lb Great Prynese could run that fast?:eek::D:D:)

Smart, very smart......but how much do you tip the mailman?

My wife bakes him brownies......so he rats me out! Little phrases like

another box for John.......how come you never get packages?:eek::eek:

He barely beat Boo to his mail truck!........What? The door slipped open

who knew a 135lb Great Prynese could run that fast?:eek::D:D:)

John,

I tip the mail man and delivery folks with cold hard cash - and my wife rarely bakes . . .:D

you guys are waaay off base. The best way to hide a hobby is in plain sight!!! Here's a trick... my wife loooves to knit. So, I buy her expensive needles, yarn if we're out..order her books for the h#ll of it.. Things like that. Mind you, if I drop that I'm thinking of getting such and such..and that it might run a couple of hundred bucks...well, she'll say, that's your hobby..you should get it!! (hehehehe)

Louis that chess set is so nice I would take up the game just to play with them.;)

I showed it to Hans yesterday, and he felt the same way. it is a rather spectacular set, and I am thrilled to have it. After my son and daughter, its the best father day present I ever expect to get!:cool:

Thanks for taking the time to post all these pictures. Great collection, I love them all! Especially Elvis!

OMG !

:eek: :eek: :eek:

THAT CHESS SET IS TO DIE FOR !!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

THAT IS VERY COOL - Louis & Brad - thanks for sharing. I now have a new "must have" in my life.

The Chess Set is exceptional, considering the date of its production (June, 1991). K&C's late production glossy pieces (1995-1996), however, are even better sculpted and painted, really making me wish glossy production had continued. Have I ever posted a photo of the "Les Miserables" set? It is probably the best glossy set K&C ever produced.

I am e-mailing Brad 2 shots of the "Les Miserables" set, which I have politely requested that he post. It is far and away my favorite K&C glossy set.

Here are the Les Mis photos. I will get the others on later (we're headed out for some Chinese:))

Attachments

• Les Mis 1.JPG
    Les Mis 1.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 432
  • Les Mis 2.JPG
    Les Mis 2.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 436
Les Mis is one awesome set.

TD

Do you recognize the Diorama setting? That's my K&C Eindoven diorama, with all of the WWII figures and vehicles pulled off it just for these photographs. Looks kind of cool as Paris during the French Revolution.

I sent Brad a photo to post of the complete mounted and marching glossy Guards Camel Corps, with the pointing guardsmen (my recent acquisition) in the foreground.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Louis Camel Corps..jpg
    Louis Camel Corps..jpg
    91 KB · Views: 342

Users who are viewing this thread

Back