King & Country book (2 Viewers)

I guess we will have to see when we finalize everything with our sponsors at the Chicago Show. The subject has been discussed between Hans, Larry Kevin and myself, but I think we have to see how many pages there are once the book is formatted with the photographs inserted in the text. If it is too big, we then have to decide how to divide the book into volumes (i.e. what goes in each volume).

Thanks again Louis and Kevin and everyone else involved.This book is going to be our bible as it were!(no offence to our religious members):)

Louis,
Many thanks for the mention regarding the ACW shots. I want to thank you for the invite to help in this project and to say what a terrific time I had being with you and Kevin. It was great seeing Hans and Larry. Kevin glad your home safe and sound and hopefully much cooler! It really is wonderful having so many great, big guys collecting and enjoying all these little guys. Tell Meredith that we love the dressing.Y'all take care now, ya hear! Tim

Louis and co,
Looking forward to the book. Count me in as an outlet to sell them.
The one that stands out for me when I was in Hong Kong was the great Arnhem display Andy had in his window in Pacific Place.
Going to be some interesting reactions to the book. Like "thank God I did not discover these earlier" or for those with the big budget it will give them a bigger shopping list of things to hunt down.
Regards Brett Williams

Last edited:
Louis,
Many thanks for the mention regarding the ACW shots. I want to thank you for the invite to help in this project and to say what a terrific time I had being with you and Kevin. It was great seeing Hans and Larry. Kevin glad your home safe and sound and hopefully much cooler! It really is wonderful having so many great, big guys collecting and enjoying all these little guys. Tell Meredith that we love the dressing.Y'all take care now, ya hear! Tim

Tim

Please could you PM me so I can send you an email.

Best wishes, Kevin

photos...............that all for now folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0205red.JPG
    IMG_0205red.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_9067red.JPG
    IMG_9067red.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_9086red.JPG
    IMG_9086red.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_8442red.jpg
    IMG_8442red.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_7765red.jpg
    IMG_7765red.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 373
I'm sure it will be a great book and I look forward to receiving my signed complimentary copy :)

I'm sure it will be a great book and I look forward to receiving my signed complimentary copy :)

I'll be happy to sign it, as I am sure will the other authors/photographers Larry and Hans, but you have to talk to the soon to be identified sponsors about the complimentary part.

Just for the record, every diorama base and building depicted in the photographs posted here (and the photographs taken from my collection for the book) are produced by K&C. The extent of the great background pieces K&C produced over the years is amazing. This wonderful material, combined with Kevin's talent and skill as a photographer makes for some of the most realistic toy soldier shots I've ever seen.

Really - Outstanding photos !

This will certainly be a must have for every King and Country Collector. :)

I'll be happy to sign it, as I am sure will the other authors/photographers Larry and Hans, but you have to talk to the soon to be identified sponsors about the complimentary part.

Just for the record, every diorama base and building depicted in the photographs posted here (and the photographs taken from my collection for the book) are produced by K&C. The extent of the great background pieces K&C produced over the years is amazing. This wonderful material, combined with Kevin's talent and skill as a photographer makes for some of the most realistic toy soldier shots I've ever seen.

Thanks Louis, but I was kidding about the complementary portion of my post.......honest I was ;)

Do you guys have an idea yet of the number of books you intend to publish?

Thanks Louis, but I was kidding about the complementary portion of my post.......honest I was ;)

Do you guys have an idea yet of the number of books you intend to publish?

Again, this will be something to be decided after discussion with the sponsors, but I think a first printing of 1,000 copies might be the right number.

I am looking forward to Buying a First Edition Copy and having it signed by all who made possible.
This has to be a great day for K&C Collectors around the world to have a reference book to check and verify what you have or think you have.

Thank you Louis and everyone else that helped. You've all done a great service for the future collector.

I am looking forward to Buying a First Edition Copy and having it signed by all who made possible.
This has to be a great day for K&C Collectors around the world to have a reference book to check and verify what you have or think you have.

Thank you Louis and everyone else that helped. You've all done a great service for the future collector.

Chuck,

As good as you've been to me, your money is no good when it comes time for the book -- your copy is on me.

A DVD will be on its way to Louis shortly, but definitely not yet finished, its slow work on your own.

Could really use some UK based help (or a free air fare somewhere) to help shoot the outstanding sets.

I have a large gap with the Napoleonics. Louis has the very old stuff and we have shot this. Could anyone volunteer a Nap collection to shoot? Egyptians....

If one of the Nevilles are reading this, might a trip up to Spennymore help? Do you have anywhere with reasonable light to set a diorama up?

Sample of some I have shot since returning from Louis' that won't be in the book.

Attachments

• IMG_1069red.jpg
    IMG_1069red.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1047red.jpg
    IMG_1047red.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1061red.jpg
    IMG_1061red.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1059red.jpg
    IMG_1059red.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1050red.jpg
    IMG_1050red.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 271
Kevin

Myself and Bob are always reading Treefrog.

Mike is in Crete at the moment and is back on Tuesday.

Send me an e-mail of what it is you need and i will see what we can do.

tony@kingandcountry.co.uk

We are a little up in the air at the moment with our new warehouse and OSTN and then Hong Kong so please bear with us.

Tony Neville
K&C UK

PS for you Monty Python fans.........a friend of mine Passed away last week after a second lung transplant operation did not work unfortuantly. He only had a few more months to live at best so the risk of the 2nd op was worth it. Anyway he was a very funny guy and even as he went under he said to his wife...'no peeking at my bits when i'am out' (how about that for last words). He was also a big Chelsea fan (he could not help that he was ill) so during his service they played 'Blue is the Colour' and as the curtains closed on the 'commitment' it was 'Always look on the Bright side' by Eric Idle in Life of Brian. The funny thing was he made sure that the line 'Life's a piece of ****...if you really look at it' was as the curtain closed. So there were tears but i have to say it was the first time at a service i have laughed as the curtains closed. Very Apt for a very funny guy. 47 Nic i will always think of you mate. Heaven has just become a funnier palce to hang out.:)

The word censored was ***** for those of you not seen the film our heard the song. S**T

Last edited:
Kevin

Myself and Bob are always reading Treefrog.

Mike is in Crete at the moment and is back on Tuesday.

Send me an e-mail of what it is you need and i will see what we can do.

tony@kingandcountry.co.uk

We are a little up in the air at the moment with our new warehouse and OSTN and then Hong Kong so please bear with us.

Tony Neville
K&C UK

PS for you Monty Python fans.........a friend of mine Passed away last week after a second lung transplant operation did not work unfortuantly. He only had a few more months to live at best so the risk of the 2nd op was worth it. Anyway he was a very funny guy and even as he went under he said to his wife...'no peeking at my bits when i'am out' (how about that for last words). He was also a big Chelsea fan (he could not help that he was ill) so during his service they played 'Blue is the Colour' and as the curtains closed on the 'commitment' it was 'Always look on the Bright side' by Eric Idle in Life of Brian. The funny thing was he made sure that the line 'Life's a piece of ****...if you really look at it' was as the curtain closed. So there were tears but i have to say it was the first time at a service i have laughed as the curtains closed. Very Apt for a very funny guy. 47 Nic i will always think of you mate. Heaven has just become a funnier palce to hang out.:)

Sorry to hear of your loss Tony,but that is the way to go out in stlye.And what brilliant last words!.

Rob

A DVD will be on its way to Louis shortly, but definitely not yet finished, its slow work on your own.

Could really use some UK based help (or a free air fare somewhere) to help shoot the outstanding sets.

I have a large gap with the Napoleonics. Louis has the very old stuff and we have shot this. Could anyone volunteer a Nap collection to shoot? Egyptians....

If one of the Nevilles are reading this, might a trip up to Spennymore help? Do you have anywhere with reasonable light to set a diorama up?

Sample of some I have shot since returning from Louis' that won't be in the book.

Hi Kevin
Did they move Berlin to the Costa Del Sol? The sun looks great!:D
Great shots!
What ever we can do to help.
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back