KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- February 2018 (1 Viewer)

Happy for more Israeli soldiers and looking forward to the halftrack, more armor and Egyptian/Syrian adversaries. The backdrop buildings are great and hopefully K&C will consider producing these for the general collector population.

On a sour note I continue to be saddened by the popularity of "Nazis on parade". I know that history is history...good or bad. And while I do collect WWII Germans in action so I can highlight the Allies who defeated them in battle collecting figures of a genocidal and psychopathic regime on parade and celebrating is disturbing to me.
I know that this has been discussed ad-nauseum and Andy has addressed this with sincerity and logic.......still we live in a time where Neo-Nazism is on the rise and scares many civilized people.

Re: The Italians are coming...

Nice helmets, and nice machine gun; but they are anonymous soldiers,maybe a secret commando behind the lines?:eek: Just paint the blue neck insignas and they are perfect.

View attachment 226772

Here is a clearer view off the insignia. Can't be a Folgare without one.
4a316c62264c8c59d130667ed01a044e.jpg

para1.JPG

Terry

Re: The Italians are coming...

Here is a clearer view off the insignia. Can't be a Folgare without one.
4a316c62264c8c59d130667ed01a044e.jpg

para1.JPG

Terry

Some of our Folgore have the collar tabs... albeit partially hidden by webbing straps...on others you cannot see them because of their action-figure pose...None of the figures are standing in the positions illustrated or carrying the minimum of fighting equipment.
Andy.

Just when ya think you might get the month off.....BOOM - the IDF show up!!!

Hi Mr, W.
Happy to hear you like the additional 'Old Guard' figures...

As for Battle of the Bulge being 'looked over'...Have you ever considered the amazing and varied collection of 'Bulge' figures, fighting vehicles that K&C has actually produced over the last dozen years or so..?

NO other company has come even close to the sheer volume and variety that has been produced! Americans...Germans ...and even some British last year.

Please remember that K&C tries, to the best of our ability, to provide a wealth of different and regular releases that cover a broad scope of historical periods and events and still introduce completely new and original ranges such as 'The Israeli Defence Forces' and now the 'Polish Cavalry'.

If we forego Battle of the Bulge for one year it's hardly the end of the world...just a little pause to allow us to develop other areas and some fresh ideas...and perhaps work on some new concepts for 'The Bulge' later this Year.

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy.

Thanks Andy, please do not take as a criticism as it was an observation, a few years ago I was at a London show and we discussed, with others, a new BotB Jeep and one appeared the following year. Of which I have 3. I have all of the current BotB releases [even the Elefant, which is a great set, but did not appear in the BotB]. Plus,

All the Medieval MK range
All the WWII AK, EA, FOB, Brit DD
About 60% of the American DD range
All German WHO sets, about 70% of the WS/WSO Germans
All the RAF sets [except firemen] and all Luftwaffe sets
Over 300 Nap sets
42 The Real West sets
20 SP buildings and accessories.

Other ranges, Pike/Musket, Greeks, Israelis, etc are excellent and it is great there is an expansion in the ranges, but they simply do not appeal to me, as an individual, but know a lot of other collectors who like them.

The Battle of the Bulge is of historical interest to me, visiting the Ardennes every couple of years and owning nearly 200 books on the battle. Therefore, any Battle of the Bulge releases are top of list [First legion are a little too expensive for me] and I always would purchase at the London Dec show. Some suggestions if I may,

Jeep but with the pedestal have twin bazookas, they were used by a lot of units, but there are some pictures in the Concord publications book Battle of the Bulge, on page 62 of the 60th Infantry, 9th Division.

A weasel M29, could do 2, an ambulance version and the other a ‘normal’ one, some pictures in the Concord publications book Battle of the Bulge, on page 70
M5A1 Stuart
M8
Winterise the M7 priest
German Wirbelwind
Brummbar
Opel Maulier – could winterise the one with the flak gun on it and/or make an armoured one with Nebelwerfer
Buildings – could do with Ruined farm of barn, the La Gleize Town Hall
I saw in K & C diorama a few years ago a winterised Bergepanther?
Could look at small diorama ranges,

German paras travelling with the King Tigers south of Malmedy [18th to 20th Dec 44] as they headed towards Stavelot.
Vehicles and figures at the Poteau Crossroads, good mix of US and German vehicles and figures which are well photographed and filmed.

Small isolated US ‘scratted together’ units, a diorama grouping around some AT Guns would be great. Many brave US troops took a stand during the battle, not knowing what was happening, but set up at crossroads etc and slowed the advance down allowing a more organised defence to be build.

There are too many mentioned above, but just some ideas. OH, before I forget, wagons for The Real West series, together with some civilians, fighting off an Indian attack.

To finish please keep up the great work, I think you and the staff at K & C have over the past 20 years pushed the Toy Soldier forward in terms of better quality and service. I think the Toy Soldier market would look significantly different and poorer if you had not been putting in the great work on great sets and ranges.

all the figures look great...
but nothing I collect...
I was hoping for some Persians to go with your Spartans...
it's been a really long time since you made some more Persians for Ancient Greece...

will this building be offered?

I love it!

Attachments

• IDF010, 12-14, 18, 19.JPG
    IDF010, 12-14, 18, 19.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 375
Mike, I think, these are two buildings made by a very, very small Spanish producer, i am sorry, but I have forgotten the name.

C. “AT LAST THE FOLGORE!”
For several years now, many of K&C’s Italian collectors have been urging us to produce some of these famous fighting figures for use in their ‘DESERT DISPLAYS’ of the war in North Africa...
Well, here are some to begin with, including a much requested Italian vehicle to accompany them.

View attachment 226734

IF041 “Kneeling Machine Gunner”
Crouching behind his ‘Breda M37 machine gun’ this Folgore paratrooper takes careful aim at the enemy.

It’s an unfair assumption that ALL Italian soldiers during WW2 were badly-led, under-equipped and ill-suited to military life...
Among the finest WW2 soldiers of that conflict were the paratroopers of the ‘Folgore’ airborne division. Their ‘esprit de corps’ and fighting abilities were praised and valued by none other than Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, who considered them some of the best and most reliable in the Afrika Korps.

IF042 “Folgore Fire Team” (3-man set)
A kneeling NCO firing his Beretta sub machine gun is ably supported by 2 x riflemen... Note the specially designed loose and practical uniforms worn by the Folgore and their Italian paratroop helmets.

IF043 “Folgore Grenadier”
An extra paratrooper prepares to hurl a grenade at the opposition.

IF044 “The Desert Sahariana”
The SPA-Viberti AS.42 Sahariana was the most famous Italian reconnaissance vehicle of WW2. Specially-designed for desert operations it had four-wheel steering and ample space for extra fuel, water and ammunition.
Its origins go back to requests from Italian forces operating in North Africa for a long range, highly manoeuvrable vehicle able to perform duties and tasks similar to those used by the British ‘Long Range Desert Group’
It could be fitted with an array of different weapons... Our K&C model includes a 20mm Breda cannon as well as a German machine gun.
Although primarily used in the Desert a number were shipped to the Eastern Front and operated by both Italian and German troops there.

AVAILABLE: Mid to Late February

Hi Andy,

I think you're absolutely right... we've waited so long for this moment but it has been worth it: Folgore's figures are better than I could have anticipated. :smile2:
Thanks a lot on behalf of all Italian collectors :eek:

Cheers :salute::

Enrico

P.s.: I agree with Poppo about the blue neck insignas but... this is cool, too. :) I'm absolutely over the moon, actually.:tongue:

Last edited:
The IDF figure are fantastic! Hoping for more IDF female soldiers. The building by Lola & Simon is gorgeous and really pops w/ your figures. Lola & Simon scenics are incredible, the best.

Joe

all the figures look great...
but nothing I collect...
I was hoping for some Persians to go with your Spartans...
it's been a really long time since you made some more Persians for Ancient Greece...

will this building be offered?

I love it!

The building is made by Lola Simon's Sceneries. Everything they produce is gorgeous.

Joe

Just had a look at some of her creations and they really are good.

Steve

On a sour note I continue to be saddened by the popularity of "Nazis on parade". I know that history is history...good or bad. And while I do collect WWII Germans in action so I can highlight the Allies who defeated them in battle collecting figures of a genocidal and psychopathic regime on parade and celebrating is disturbing to me.
I know that this has been discussed ad-nauseum and Andy has addressed this with sincerity and logic.......still we live in a time where Neo-Nazism is on the rise and scares many civilized people.

Rich, this has been discussed ad infinitum over the years to no resolution and I suggest you let it go. Notwithstanding and with no disrespect intended to some members who purchase these figures, some of us who were born in the immediate post war period (like you and I) have a disgust for these figures because we learned about the Nazi evil from our families who may have participated in the War (or lived through those times) or/and had relatives who died in the camps.

Brad

Rich, this has been discussed ad infinitum over the years to no resolution and I suggest you let it go. Notwithstanding and with no disrespect intended to some members who purchase these figures, some of us who were born in the immediate post war period (like you and I) have a disgust for these figures because we learned about the Nazi evil from our families who may have participated in the War (or lived through those times) or/and had relatives who died in the camps.

Brad

Thanks Brad, just hard for me to understand why.......and how its explained to children who view them. Heh, I've had some visitors ask if I was a "war monger" because I collect toy soldiers! Anyway they will never be in my home.

Happy for more Israeli soldiers and looking forward to the halftrack, more armor and Egyptian/Syrian adversaries. The backdrop buildings are great and hopefully K&C will consider producing these for the general collector population.

Israel has been accused of committing genocide and apartheid against the Palestinians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back