Lah,lah,lah (2 Viewers)

Chris, I'm only kidding mate, I did buy the MkI some time ago as it was the only version of that Tank available, I use it alongside my Grey Stug and Kubelwagon^&cool

Rob

Cheers- I thought for a moment there you ran off and started rioting with the Egyptians or something ^&grin Agreed, the Mk I is very nice and versatile for dios.

Very Nice, I wish I had the skills to repaint figures,I am only good at touch-ups.

Hi - you bunch of Lah-lah's

Now I know these are not K&C - they're from Dorset! But - I thought I would join in with my lads - giving it what for, at a certain tea-rooms at the rear.

I am experimenting with backdrops at the moment, and I couldn't help but let the lads loose for a day out on your site. johnnybach:salute::

SSBandEaglesNest.jpg

JB...

Thats a very nice marching band and done very well. I suppose as Wayne has titled it LAH everyone is welcome. Will post some pics soon.
Mitch

Well - as the idea of the band came from K&C anyway Mitch - I felt they deserved a treat at the Eagles nest Cafe. Beer and sossidges all round meinherrs?

Now lads - one more - time "Who do you sink yore kiddin' meester Heetler - when you sink olt Inklands done!" jb%^V

Blackhawk has came out with an LAH version in 1/32
very nice figures high stepping SS and there's an Hitler staff car

I had a look - but they don't do castings for us painters. Fusilier have some - AND they do them as castings. I have my eye on some of those for later in the year. johnnybach.:)

As once again Wayne pushes the envelope with an LAH thread. He is sure it will be well received as an LAH thread is no more controversial than the Napoleonics thread it is based on. :rolleyes2:

Terry

So why would it be controversial? It is part of history, granted not humanity's shining moment, but I've always felt that it's important to understand all aspects of history no matter how controversial some might see it.

So why would it be controversial? It is part of history, granted not humanity's shining moment, but I've always felt that it's important to understand all aspects of history no matter how controversial some might see it.

It's already been controversial because there have been several hot arguments about this over the past few months.You may have missed several threads on this topic which caused a lot of discord and resulted in many posts being deleted.

Terry

It's already been controversial because there have been several hot arguments about this over the past few months.You may have missed several threads on this topic which caused a lot of discord and resulted in many posts being deleted.

Terry

You know, maybe things are calming down a bit?. We all had our say on the LAH and now it feels a lot better, open and a tad more lighthearted. Apart from one racist comment this morning I think we are all getting on rather well, and if we can have a heated debate about Haig and Monty then the LAH is a piece of cake:wink2:

Very nice display by the way Johnnybach

Rob

Terry

Maybe I did miss those posts. Regardless, the nazis have their own place in history for their atrocities. I would never dispute that.
What I find even more compelling is how it got to that point. How did the average German citizen back then buy into it?
Set aside the Treaty of Versaille, the great depression and the other mitigating factors. I look at the parades and the sense of lost pride the nazis restored in their country. To me that is the most dangerous thing that can happen to any country.
I like to collect the LAH range because they look good in a parade and to me that is a reminder of how evil they were.
By the way, perhaps we should be looking at russian figures who raped and pillaged across Europe on the way to Germany. Or the millions that Stalin murdered.
Or what about the American west with the ever popular cowboys and indians. Some might say that is genocidal as well.
But then again that is all part of human history. Better to study and remember so we don't repeat it.

Does anyone know if the Fusilier miniatures LAH figures are compatible with K&C

U got it lostboy
NEVER FORGET that what's all about.
U don't see it u forget

Does anyone know if the Fusilier miniatures LAH figures are compatible with K&C
The Fusilier figures I have are in no way compatible with KC. KC is taller and thicker than Fusilier. I think Fusilier is a small 1/32 while KC is a healthy 1/30. Fusilier is a more traditional size glossy TS. -- Al

lostboy...

You make valid points perhaps we should start a narrative in the historical section thread about the percived problems of the german population in the 20's and 30's which, allowed the nazi's who, really, said nothing substantive to come to power.

Either way if we go down the road of politics and other reasons why the power base shifted (at least here anyway) it will give those persons who do not like these sets to spoil wayne's thread and that would be a shame.
Mitch

Maybe I did miss those posts. Regardless, the nazis have their own place in history for their atrocities. I would never dispute that.
What I find even more compelling is how it got to that point. How did the average German citizen back then buy into it?
Set aside the Treaty of Versaille, the great depression and the other mitigating factors. I look at the parades and the sense of lost pride the nazis restored in their country. To me that is the most dangerous thing that can happen to any country.
I like to collect the LAH range because they look good in a parade and to me that is a reminder of how evil they were.
By the way, perhaps we should be looking at russian figures who raped and pillaged across Europe on the way to Germany. Or the millions that Stalin murdered.
Or what about the American west with the ever popular cowboys and indians. Some might say that is genocidal as well.
But then again that is all part of human history. Better to study and remember so we don't repeat it.

Very very nice lah collections you have there wayne556517.
I only have few lah figurines. Here is my small lah dio ^&grin

Attachments

• 0001_9.JPG
    0001_9.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 410
  • 0001_12.JPG
    0001_12.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 429
  • 0001_13.JPG
    0001_13.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 408
  • 0001_14.JPG
    0001_14.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 0001_15.JPG
    0001_15.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 397
Nice to see that we're talking "Toy Soldiers" again. I like to see what soldiers once wore - and then paint them,as that's my real interest.

Does anyone have a Fusilier TS to stand next to a K&C and then post a photo - so that we can see what the difference in size is please? Mine are home-painted jobs by way of Dorset Soldiers - as I don't collect painted ones. I'm interested, because I might have a few Fusilier types later on this year.

Hope you noticed that Giles made my bandsmen smiling by the way, - at my request. johnnybach :salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back