Let it Snow (4 Viewers)

Yup, same here..............we're going to get "clobbered"......with 2 inches of snow.......

Bozos.

We ended up with about 4 inches. Turning to rain. It's been over 1,000 days since we had 4 inches or more. There is Michael Scott joke there.

We probably have 5 or so and it probably won’t stop until midnight so we are getting clobbered. The only bozos are on the road.

Lost power for a minute. Thank god for the whole house generator we purchased after Sandy.

I hate the local weather forecasters. ..... the high temps are high 30s to 40s, y

TD

Thats what we have got here .... 35.6 C here today at 1:00 pm ... oh how I love Summer :) :)

John

We probably have 5 or so and it probably won’t stop until midnight so we are getting clobbered. The only bozos are on the road.

It's funny, we get a frost and people are spinning off the roads here. Used to go to SW Colorado and one storm brought 36" of snow and didn't see one fender bender.

It's funny, we get a frost and people are spinning off the roads here. Used to go to SW Colorado and one storm brought 36" of snow and didn't see one fender bender.

I think it’s what you’re used to. Around here people go crazy if you mention we are going to get six inches. Mention that to Julie and she doesn’t bat an eye. Speaking of Minnesota I always wanted to go to ice fishing. I mentioned that to Pete once and he looked at me like I was crazy.

I think it’s what you’re used to. Around here people go crazy if you mention we are going to get six inches. Mention that to Julie and she doesn’t bat an eye. Speaking of Minnesota I always wanted to go to ice fishing. I mentioned that to Pete once and he looked at me like I was crazy.

You are crazy.

But ice fishing has nothing to do with it.....................^&grin:p:eek::rolleyes::).

Re: Ice Fishing, Garrison Keillor once had a contest on his radio show A Prairie Home Companion (great show got to see it live once) on Minnesota Public Radio. One prize was to go ice fishing, another was to attend a Lutheran church supper. Who could resist? ^&grin

The greatest ice fishing-related movie of all time (perhaps the only one) is "Grumpy Old Men." Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, and Burgess Meredith are a hoot. The outtakes are just as funny.

The greatest ice fishing-related movie of all time (perhaps the only one) is "Grumpy Old Men." Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, and Burgess Meredith are a hoot. The outtakes are just as funny.

I was going to mention that movie. :wink2:

I was once up on business in NY State, traveling to Rouses Point (near the Canadian border) where we had a manufacturing facility and was driving past Lake Champlain when I saw a commotion on the ice. When I asked the cop what was going on he said someone had gotten stuck on the ice (it wasn’t solid enough at that point) and had to be rescued.

An all-time best ever movie.

It's been snowing here in South Central Wiscon for the past 16 hours with more to come over the next 7 hours. Looks like I'll be busy digging out tomorrow morning/afternoon. More expected to come on Friday.
PXL_20240109_223711635_7lrBXP4z8Y.jpeg
Mike

Got a heavy rain storm right now with strong winds. Another one Friday night.
Mark

Got a heavy rain storm right now with strong winds. Another one Friday night.
Mark

The Governor issued an emergency order yesterday for it.

Next week we are expected to get some cold weather up here with lows in the teens.

I don't go ice fishing personally....but know some who do!
And Grumpy Old Men was filmed about an hour from here. In the town we drop the boat in the Mississippi all Summer long! More of a Summer town for me personally....:rolleyes:

No ice around here as of yet, thus all the ice fishing fans are headed up to Canada for the most part!

How to have fun when ice fishing.....make snow angels!

IMG_0449-X2.jpg

Julie

I picked a Hell of a weekend to move home, in New Mexico tonight with high winds and blowing snow this morning.....and now sounds like major weather for East Coast as well...mother Nature welcoming me home in a big way ❄️❄️❄️🥶🥶🥶

Sunny sky this morning after a snow storm/blizzard that started late Thursday night and lasted until late yesterday morning. We ended up with well over a foot of snow with 20-30 mph winds. As I post this the outside temperature is -9°F with a wind chill of -29°F.

Mike
PXL_20240114_143431373_qJDzl1sS4U.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back