Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (1 Viewer)

I hope Uncle Martyn is keeping his eyes out for a Trophy motor ambulance and WWI Troop Transport Bus for me . . . :wink2:

Uncle Martyn always remembers his mates Louis :wink2: ^&grin

Cheers

Uncle Martyn:)

This is Trophy's ACW18 THE 11TH MISSISSIPPI REGIMENT ADVANCING. Trophy made set ACW18 with ten other regiments including 10th Indiana, 54th New York, 4th Alabama, 21st Michigan, 2nd South Carolina Rifles, 6th MIssouri, 72nd Pennsylvania, 17th Virginia, 2nd Wisconsin, and 17th South Carolina.

Martyn, being the gentleman that he is, sent me a PM saying that the ACW18 sets did not include all the regiments that were listed on the label which was an assumption on my part. Thank you for the correction Marytn; if you wouldn't mind, would you please share with the others the information you sent me? Thanks.

Mike

ACW339thNYHawkinsZouaves_zps1f2f4e30.jpg

Great set Mike {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks, Marytn. The purple tasseled fezes are certainly unusual.

This is one of my favourite and more unusual ACW sets Mike {bravo}}

ACW38MississippiMarineBrigade_zpsd7d0d8f1.jpg

Trophy produced a very limited version with one Private holding his Shako and with a patch over one eye

ACW38-THEMISSISSIPPIMARINEBRIGADE_zps293c43cb.jpg

Cheers

Marytn, I really like this set, too. I didn't realize that they made the version with the wounded private.

Martyn, being the gentleman that he is, sent me a PM saying that the ACW18 sets did not include all the regiments that were listed on the label which was an assumption on my part. Thank you for the correction Marytn; if you wouldn't mind, would you please share with the others the information you sent me? Thanks.

Mike

My pleasure Mike :salute::

"The ACW “sticky label” had several Regiments listed but they were not all available in each set # format. The “sticky label” allowed Len to just “tick the box” for the contents, saved producing individual sticky labels for each set

Trophy only listed set ACW18 with 1 other regiment 10th Indiana Volunteer Inf

I have listed below some of the sets the other Regiments you list appear in, though several Regiments appear in just one set

54th New York and 4th Alabama, were in ACW19 – ADVANCING SET #3

21st Michigan Regiment, 2nd South Carolina Rifles and 6th Missouri Regiment were in ACW20 – CHARGING SET #2

72nd Pennsylvania and 17th Virginia were in set ACW 25 – THE LOADING SET

2nd Wisconsin Vol. Inf. Regt. and 17th Regt. South Carolina Volunteers were in set ACW 26 – THE FIRING SET #2

Of course Len Taylor filled “special orders” for customers but the Regiments listed above were the only official catalogue sets available"

Cheers

I have found the numbering with the label confusing and puzzling. For example, I have a 128th NY regiment and an Irish Brigage, that is both marked as Number 3. I can list a few other examples, if anyone is interested.

I have found the numbering with the label confusing and puzzling. For example, I have a 128th NY regiment and an Irish Brigage, that is both marked as Number 3. I can list a few other examples, if anyone is interested.

Both Regiments you have Brad are variations of Charging sets, hence set# 3

Cheers

In other words, he gave a type of pose the same number and just checked the box for the different types of regiments, using the same pose.

Brad

In other words, he gave a type of pose the same number and just checked the box for the different types of regiments, using the same pose.

Brad

You got it in one Brad {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn,

Did he do the same thing with other ranges?

Brad

Brad

I think that style of sticker were only used in the ACW series, but the same set numbers were used for different Regiments, especially in the Egypt and The Sudan series. The AZW series only had the 24th Regiment, unless there were special commissions :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn has already answered, but if you look at the label for ACW3 its says THE CHARGING SET and then describes the contents in the box: Officer with Drawn Pistol, 5 men with Rifles and Bayonets. Someone (I don't believe it was Trophy) has then hand written "54th N.Y." on the label. The ACW1 THE FIRING SET is similar with the description of the contents then a hand written regiment designation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back