Mlb 2024 (2 Viewers)

Tip of the cap to the Oakland A’s as they play their final game today.

As a now rare native San Franciscan I can honestly say that the A’s represent what the Bay Area once was.

Before transplants and tech moguls invaded it was a place grounded in manual, back breaking labor, a place where dock workers were revered for their hard work. There was no greed or get rich quick ideals. Physical exertion meant success.

The A’s were the were that ideal, it is fitting that as those ways disappear they do too.

As a now rare native San Franciscan I can honestly say that the A’s represent what the Bay Area once was.

Before transplants and tech moguls invaded it was a place grounded in manual, back breaking labor, a place where dock workers were revered for their hard work. There was no greed or get rich quick ideals. Physical exertion meant success.

The A’s were the were that ideal, it is fitting that as those ways disappear they do too.
I always think of the A's as they were in the early 70s. Great uniforms and teams. Reggie and Rollie.

I always think of the A's as they were in the early 70s. Great uniforms and teams. Reggie and Rollie.
The A's to me always had the best uniforms hands down.

Today, the Bataan Death March/Battle of the Alamo/Custer's Last Stand of a season finally ends for the Red Sox, for the third year in a row, they will finish sub 500.

The owner will continue not to spend money, put a mediocre product on the field and yahoos will continue to flock to Fenway to see a game.

This is the second year in my time as a fan I did not go to a single game, the first time was during the COVID rinky dink 60 game schedule, what a joke that was, glad I wasn't able to watch that shitshow of a team.

Why is it then that three teams have left Oakland. Maybe because they couldn’t build a replacement stadium and the fans didn’t go. Chalking it up to some idealistic version of the working man is fanciful because fans of all economic classes support their teams in other cities.

Who does everyone think will go to the WS. I don't think my Phillies will as they have basically sucked since the All Star game. Dodgers or Brewers seem to me to as the favorite in the NL. Don't know about the AL but the Tigers have been playing good and I don't count out the Astros.
Mark

Who does everyone think will go to the WS. I don't think my Phillies will as they have basically sucked since the All Star game. Dodgers or Brewers seem to me to as the favorite in the NL. Don't know about the AL but the Tigers have been playing good and I don't count out the Astros.
Mark
With the way the playoffs are, it’s impossible to predict. Who would have thought that the Phillies would have gone a couple of years ago.

Mark
The Dodgers haven't impressed me. Their pitching is suspect. They won less games this year than last. They have great talent but the playoffs are not about the deeper team. Managers shorten the roster and even up a talent disparity for a short series. I also don't think the Dodgers have the best home field advantage. The games have to start early by local time for national TV. Half the crowd isn't there until after the third inning.

If Kareem Hunt can kick a defenceless woman on video, then return gloriously to the NFL Pete Rise should be in the Hall of Fame.
Those two events aren’t remotely comparable. If Rose should be inducted, then likewise so should Shoeless Joe. Death does not cleanse the stain.

Yes, I agree. Particularly since MLB and other professional sports are relentlessly promoting sports betting. Punishing Rose for the same conduct that they are now condoning should end.
Have to disagree; gambling on your own team while you were a manager is a forever ban for the HOF, period, end of story.

But I do agree that all sports are hypocrites with how they relentlessly promote sports betting, specifically fantasy football.

The MLB playoffs start today, best of luck to all members who have a dog in the fight as we've got quite a few fans here of mostly all the teams involved.

May the best team win.

In order as to who I'd like to see win it;

Braves
Dodgers
Astros
Brewers
Tigers
Royals
Phillies
Mets
Orioles
Yankees

The MLB playoffs start today, best of luck to all members who have a dog in the fight as we've got quite a few fans here of mostly all the teams involved.

May the best team win.

Braves
Dodgers
Astros
Brewers
Tigers
Royals
Phillies
Mets
Orioles
Yankees
Here is my list of who I'd like to see win it: Dodgers. I can agree on the Yanks at the bottom, though. I didn't even know KC and Detroit still had teams much less that they were in the playoffs. The last players I can remember from those teams are George Brett and Ron LeFlore. The former because he went berserk about the pine tar bat and the latter because he was in prison.

May the best team win.

Braves
Dodgers
Astros
Brewers
Tigers
Royals
Phillies
Mets
Orioles
Yankees
Yeah, I need a do over, I forgot about two teams; so 12 teams make the playoffs?

Ok then; it should be each division winner and one WC team, but there's not enough money in that.

Braves
Dodgers
Astros
Padres
Brewers
Tigers
Royals
Guardians
Phillies
Mets
Orioles
Yankees

Yeah, I need a do over, I forgot about two teams; so 12 teams make the playoffs?

Ok then; it should be each division winner and one WC team, but there's not enough money in that.

Braves
Dodgers
Astros
Padres
Brewers
Tigers
Royals
Guardians
Phillies
Mets
Orioles
Yankees
Braves have no shot. Sale is injured and SD is the hot team. Not a team you want to face right now.

Braves have no shot. Sale is injured and SD is the hot team. Not a team you want to face right now.
Red Sox fans here were complaining about how they traded Sale and got a guy who was mostly injured and when he wasn't, he sucked; meanwhile, Sale is the Cy Young shoe in in the NL........................they needed to give it time; just when you need Sale the most, he's hurt.

Such a stiff, good riddance.

Red Sox fans here were complaining about how they traded Sale and got a guy who was mostly injured and when he wasn't, he sucked; meanwhile, Sale is the Cy Young shoe in in the NL........................they needed to give it time; just when you need Sale the most, he's hurt.

Such a stiff, good riddance.
He has back spasms. I will take a “stiff” like him anytime.

He has back spasms. I will take a “stiff” like him anytime.
After they won the WS in 2018, management signed him to a huge extension; in the 4 years afterward, he went 17-18, he was on and off the DL, when he pitched, he was a stiff.

He gets traded to Atlanta and wins 18 games, 1 more than he did here over the previous 4 years.

And now he's hurt and probably out for round one.

I REPEAT; HE'S A STIFF, YOU'RE WELCOME TO HAVE HIM ANYTIME THE METS ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE HIM OFF THE BRAVES HANDS.

After they won the WS in 2018, management signed him to a huge extension; in the 4 years afterward, he went 17-18, he was on and off the DL, when he pitched, he was a stiff.

He gets traded to Atlanta and wins 18 games, 1 more than he did here over the previous 4 years.

And now he's hurt and probably out for round one.

I REPEAT; HE'S A STIFF, YOU'RE WELCOME TO HAVE HIM ANYTIME THE METS ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE HIM OFF THE BRAVES HANDS.
No shouting necessary. 18-3, not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back