Mlb 2024 (4 Viewers)

Pete Rose was guilty of one thing, he got caught. I'm sure there are many HOFers that did just as bad if not worse than him. Bottom line is he was a huge plus for baseball. Even murderers are suppose to get a second chance.
Mark

Pete Rose was guilty of one thing, he got caught. I'm sure there are many HOFers that did just as bad if not worse than him. Bottom line is he was a huge plus for baseball. Even murderers are suppose to get a second chance.
Mark
Every player knows that if they bet on baseball they would be suspended for life so I don’t think many, if any, did this. It’s the cardinal rule you can’t violate. His legacy is thus checkered. If he couldn’t be admitted during his lifetime he shouldn’t be admitted ever. If you’re going to make an exception, then you better let in Shoeless Joe Jackson. He was his own worst enemy.

I'm just as sure many did. Shoeless Joe threw games, It has never been alleged that Rose ever did anything to effect a game. You saying that a great ballplayer should never be allowed in is just wrong.
Mark

I'm just as sure many did. Shoeless Joe threw games, It has never been alleged that Rose ever did anything to effect a game. You saying that a great ballplayer should never be allowed in is just wrong.
Mark
If you’re “just as sure many did,” then name them. If you can’t do that, there is no foundation for that statement. He was a great ballplayer who bet on baseball. You just can’t do that and you know it. Hopefully he will never be taken off the ineligible list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back