Mlb 2024 (2 Viewers)

Mike Trout is hurt again. Best case is he's out 4-6 weeks.Trout and myself are from the same town so I feel bad for a local guy who could be one of the greatest players of all time but this is 4 years in a row he's been injured and I don't know how much longer he can play.:(
Mark

He’s unfortunately turning into a Don Mattingly or David Wright.

No matter what happens with Trout and his injuries I will always respect him for honoring his contract.

While in his prime he never requested a trade.

He is an all-time great who stuck with a mediocre team.

San Diego traded for Luis Arraez, who has won the AL batting crown for two different teams the past two seasons.

Yet that “headline” was all but irrelevant on ESPN etc.

Some great stats for the Orioles.

When Burnes has pitched the last 3 games the Orioles are 0-3 and have scored a total of 2 runs in 3 games for him..2 shutouts, all the while his ERA is around 2.2 in the losses

The hideous, ugliest, City Connect Jerseys continue to haunt this team..now 9-14 when wearing the ugly all black uniforms and have been outscored by 41 runs over the last 2 seasons wearing the jinx.

The Dodgers seem to be hitting their stride. On a big winning streak. It's been a disastrous year for LA fans. So hopefully it continues.

San Diego traded for Luis Arraez, who has won the AL batting crown for two different teams the past two seasons.

Yet that “headline” was all but irrelevant on ESPN etc.

He’s been on three teams in the last three years, his power numbers are ok and he’s adequate at 2B, at best, so what does that tell you?

He’s been on three teams in the last three years, his power numbers are ok and he’s adequate at 2B, at best, so what does that tell you?

Brad:

Agreed, I just feel like it deserved more time than the signing of Zay Jones by the Arizona Cardinals.

-Jason

The Giants best up the Rockies this weekend.

The only problem is they continue to get destroyed by the Dodgers.

Brad:

Great post.

Arraez is batting .419 since joining San Diego.

Nobody cares.

-Jason

I need to back track on my thoughts about inter-league play.

It is really great to see the Giants playing the Yankees at Oracle Park.

I need to back track on my thoughts about inter-league play.

It is really great to see the Giants playing the Yankees at Oracle Park.

I disagree but I'm old school. I liked it when it was 2 distinct leagues. The way it is now they are globbed all together. Should be no more than 2 divisions in each league and there are way too many playoffs. All for more money of course.
Mark

Yeah, not a fan of interleague play, either, though I got used to it. But apart from the old intercity rivalries, like New York, much of the matchups were contrived. The Phillies no longer have an AL opponent in the same town. Sure, MLB could schedule games between the Phillies and the A's, but who cares today? They tried to make up rivalries, like the Phillies and the Orioles, but again, who cares? The Phillies' natural rivals are all in the National League, and in the same division-the Mets and the Braves.
It's worse now, with more leagues outside the divisions and across league lines. I don't give 2 *****s about teams in the other league, and don't care much about the other divisions. I want to see the Phillies play their division rivals.
But things are gradually changing, and now there are generations of fans who want to see teams play more games against different teams in both leagues. They want a 4- or 5-day All Star event, with all kind of crap that means nothing, but is just bread and circuses. They want to hear exit velocity, and exit angle, when the only thing that matters is that the ball was hit out of play between the third base and first base foul lines.
Today's game is managed by thirty-something execs who never played ball, but who want to remake the game to be played the way they think it should be played.
And now they're playing games in the UK. Fegh.

Yeah, not a fan of interleague play, either, though I got used to it. But apart from the old intercity rivalries, like New York, much of the matchups were contrived. The Phillies no longer have an AL opponent in the same town. Sure, MLB could schedule games between the Phillies and the A's, but who cares today? They tried to make up rivalries, like the Phillies and the Orioles, but again, who cares? The Phillies' natural rivals are all in the National League, and in the same division-the Mets and the Braves.
It's worse now, with more leagues outside the divisions and across league lines. I don't give 2 *****s about teams in the other league, and don't care much about the other divisions. I want to see the Phillies play their division rivals.
But things are gradually changing, and now there are generations of fans who want to see teams play more games against different teams in both leagues. They want a 4- or 5-day All Star event, with all kind of crap that means nothing, but is just bread and circuses. They want to hear exit velocity, and exit angle, when the only thing that matters is that the ball was hit out of play between the third base and first base foul lines.
Today's game is managed by thirty-something execs who never played ball, but who want to remake the game to be played the way they think it should be played.
And now they're playing games in the UK. Fegh.

We think alike, old school guys but maybe with baseball losing popularity they had to change things up. You are right as there are no true rivalries anymore.
Mark

We think alike, old school guys but maybe with baseball losing popularity they had to change things up. You are right as there are no true rivalries anymore.
Mark

I agree with the responses to my post, I am in not saying I like MLB’s contrived rivalries via inter-league play etc.

I just enjoy seeing the Yankees play the Giants in a familiar ballpark.

The Dodgers are 5-8 over their last 13 games. And that includes three wins against the hapless Mets. They are playing some of the weaker teams in the league and getting rolled. They are still seven games up in their division but that is only because the Padres have lost four in a row and the other teams stink. Dave Roberts better get it together. I would fire him in the next couple of weeks if this continues.

The Dodgers are 5-8 over their last 13 games. And that includes three wins against the hapless Mets. They are playing some of the weaker teams in the league and getting rolled. They are still seven games up in their division but that is only because the Padres have lost four in a row and the other teams stink. Dave Roberts better get it together. I would fire him in the next couple of weeks if this continues.

They beat a powerful Yankees team last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back