My First Foam Building... (2 Viewers)

Mike I think you have the foam bug, great looking buildings. I just went back and relooked at this thread, great stuff.:)

That is a great looking village you have there Michael:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thank you Tim, Mike, Martyn and Nick...

I got a couple that I'm working on now...

ones a little fort...kind of copied off that link that you sent me Nick...here's a pic of my plagarized work...hehehe...

it's just too clean and too neat...no decay...no crumbled bricks...too perfect...

I'm gonna beat the heck out of mine...

the other one is a house with a stone wall in the back...also stolen...off of Conte's website...

I'll man the fort with Gordon's...it's big enough to hold a couple of dozen guys at least...

I think that enclosure in the courtyard is for camel water...I dunno...that's what I'm gonna put in it anyway...maybe some real heavy doors for the entrance and maybe a Gatling gun on the roof...lots of possibilities...

these are so fun and easy to make...

Nick...I feel bad for you...I know your project is overwhelming...casting your own bicks...especially those small one...you got a lot on your plate...

P7230119.jpg

101_0676.jpg

101_0677.jpg

101_0678.jpg

101_0680.jpg

101_0679.jpg

I love your version of the fort Michael. The damaged, lower walls make for excellent defence works.

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hey I've seen that building before!

Your version is streets ahead Michael. Once again your creativity and skill shines through. You are going to need to rent a warehouse before long HAHA (Imagine all that lovely space though :D:D:D)

I'm sorry if my last post was confusing...this is a house with a short stone wall I'm making...I used this Conte website picture to model it after...I have not finished painting it or detailing yet...

101_0678.jpg

101_0679.jpg

101_0680.jpg

untitled12.jpg

this is a another building I just started...it reminded me of a fort...or maybe a small garrisson...I'm copying this off a link someone sent me...here's a picture of the link with some pictures of mine in pink foam...I will do some "decay" on mine as I don't want it too look so "perfect"...

P7230119.jpg

101_0676.jpg

101_0677.jpg

this is a another building I just started...it reminded me of a fort...or maybe a small garrisson...I'm copying this off a link someone sent me...here's a picture of the link with some pictures of mine in pink foam...I will do some "decay" on mine as I don't want it too look so "perfect"...

P7230119.jpg

101_0676.jpg

101_0677.jpg

You've been one busy Bee Sir Michael an it's paying off with some outstanding results. Now looking forward to seeing how it's all played with an the forces that will be taking part in your play time. Papa Z.

My garrison is coming along nicely...last night I applied the texture with the paint already mixed in it and am pleased with the colors and results...it's a very light color...not many options on dry brushing it...

this is the largest structure I have attempted...I used almost a 1/2 quart of the stucco patch to texture it...the quart costs $8.00...so that's a lot of stucco on it...but it adheres so very well to the foam board...and is still extremely light but still very sturdy...

I'm gonna start on the detailing tomorrow...wooden banisters on the steps..some wood railing on the porch area...doors...window shutters...gate...a wooden cover on the roof hole...timber joists in the roofing...pour Magic Water in the water trough..etc...

I will also detail with some "crumbling" on the walls and enclosure...it can't look too good...hehehehe....

I still need to paint the inside of the building too...looking inside and seeing pink foam walls is not gonna work...but I'm real happy with it so far...

Papa Z...if you see this...I will take your advice and make the gates so they can open and close...I think you're right...it should be made with swinging doors so the garrison can be over run...

I'm gonna use some huge long square timbers to make the gate...a real heavy door...real solid...

I think the Gatling gun might look good on the roof...

I hope somebody makes some "dead" Mahdist...hint, hint, hint...John or Ken...

I ordered all the infantry Wm. Brit Mahdists...no Camel mounted figures yet...

I was told that JJD would ship a little late this month...by a week probably...

101_0681.jpg

101_0682.jpg

101_0683.jpg

101_0684.jpg

That look freakin great Michael !! IMO you don't need to distress it, it could be a new build, maybe a Century 21 sign outside HAHA. Seriously though it is great. I think the addition of water and opening doors will just add so much more to it. You need an old burro tied to the wall. :)

That look freakin great Michael !! IMO you don't need to distress it, it could be a new build, maybe a Century 21 sign outside HAHA. Seriously though it is great. I think the addition of water and opening doors will just add so much more to it. You need an old burro tied to the wall. :)

Scott...the burro is a great idea...thank you...I have the K&C Life of Christ animals...he's a "shorty"...but he will work...thank you...

I need some pottery and some more props...that courtyard is gonna be barren and needs some help...

I did order the sitting camel # from Wm. Britain...

101_0686.jpg

Attachments

• 27002.jpg
    27002.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 87
Happy to here you've decided to have the gates open an close and im looking forward to seeing the hand to hand fighting taking place within the fort as the attempt to over run is taking place. Papa Z.

Good stuff Michael, I was going to suggest that donkey. I did wonder if you picked up the WB lying camel. It looks good I will be getting one for my Durbar dio.

I want to have a go at making some clay pots. What size are you looking at? (height diameter) I used to be crafty years ago, maybe I still have it? I don't know, give me the measurements you need and I will see.

Scott

Good stuff Michael, I was going to suggest that donkey. I did wonder if you picked up the WB lying camel. It looks good I will be getting one for my Durbar dio.

I want to have a go at making some clay pots. What size are you looking at? (height diameter) I used to be crafty years ago, maybe I still have it? I don't know, give me the measurements you need and I will see.

Scott

Scott...I don't have a set size...in fact...I would like to find all different sizes...you posted some on this thread...as did a lot of other people...

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22899&page=2

and they look like they are $2-$3 apiece in a finished painted product...so I may try and make some...

I may ask Fish...he's really creative and comes up with some crazy ideas that work well...

Scott...I don't have a set size...in fact...I would like to find all different sizes...you posted some on this thread...as did a lot of other people...

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22899&page=2

and they look like they are $2-$3 apiece in a finished painted product...so I may try and make some...

I may ask Fish...he's really creative and comes up with some crazy ideas that work well...

I was thinking anything waist height and down and perhaps no wider than the width of a figure? I also though of using a bead as a form and then wrapping it in my air drying clay? I shall see.....stay tuned HAHA :D

I was thinking anything waist height and down and perhaps no wider than the width of a figure? I also though of using a bead as a form and then wrapping it in my air drying clay? I shall see.....stay tuned HAHA :D

If you figure something out...let me know please..

I like those !! The price is good and the items look right. There are a few other bits on that website to which may work for my dios. Cheers Michael.

I like those !! The price is good and the items look right. There are a few other bits on that website to which may work for my dios. Cheers Michael.

yea...it's a good sight...I ordered from them before and was pleased...look at the wicker baskets on the same page...CDO337...I want those...but they are "temporarily out of stock"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back