My First Foam Building... (1 Viewer)

Mike, your doing a great job, careful I see your mind is becomming addicted to this stuff. No matter what you make, it is never quite good enough or big enough, this building looks great, you have a good eye. From what I have seen so far, you can build anything you set your mind at. I myself have not trid the hot glue yet, I must have at least three differt hot glue guns. I might have a try at on of these Sudan buildings for my Conte Arabs.:)

Mike, your doing a great job, careful I see your mind is becomming addicted to this stuff. No matter what you make, it is never quite good enough or big enough, this building looks great, you have a good eye. From what I have seen so far, you can build anything you set your mind at. I myself have not trid the hot glue yet, I must have at least three differt hot glue guns. I might have a try at on of these Sudan buildings for my Conte Arabs.:)

Mike...thanks for the nice words and special thanks for the tutelage...

the time and tips you gave me were invaluable...

you're right...I found a lot of things I can improve on...

use the glue gun...use it on the "low setting"...

the "high" will melt the foam...

it dries in 10 seconds...

try it on some scraps...I think you will be surprised...

your work goes really fast...

I just finished the building and will take a few pictures of it...

I made another one of these yesterday...I'm learning a lot...I would like to build a small village...maybe 8-10 houses...I'm gonna get better at these...they are not hard...I will start a third one tomorrow...

101_0514.jpg

101_0509.jpg

101_0515.jpg

101_0516.jpg

101_0517.jpg

Very cool Michael, marked improvement (although I though the first one was brilliant) You learn quickly.

You could put people out of business with this quality work. Very nice indeed
Mitch

Another one nicely done Michael. A small village of 8-10 of these buildings would really look great. Do you plan to do any two-story buildings?
:) Mike

I made another one of these yesterday...I'm learning a lot...I would like to build a small village...maybe 8-10 houses...I'm gonna get better at these...they are not hard...I will start a third one tomorrow...

101_0514.jpg

101_0509.jpg

101_0515.jpg

101_0516.jpg

101_0517.jpg
My god man,you are a machine!:D:eek::)
Mark

Very nicely done Sir Michael an I notice the brick work you emailed me about. Got a hunch that at the current rate of adding builds etc. to your collection you'll need to add an attachment your abode or conver your garage to a playroom:):):):) Looking forword to seeing your next building along with the others you have planned.........Papa Z

Thank you Martyn, Scott, Mitch, Mike, Mark and Joe...

I finished a second building and intend to make 8-10 of these for small diorama village...

they are really easy to build and I know I can improve on my work as I'm learning more on each building...

I think I can do the broken etched brick much better...as this was my first one...

I want a more "beaten up" look...like the ones in Paul Darnell's picture...

more crumbled sections...decay...damaged walls...exposed brick...cracks in the walls...less perfect windows...a more weathered exterior...just a generally beaten up structure unlike the first one I make with perfect straight corners and finished windows...

it's amazing how much we try to "beat up" or weather a perfectly nice "square" building so it will look realistic...hehehe...

but I know already I can improve greatly on these first two models...

I am going to re-work the larger building to dive it more of a decayed look...

101_0518.jpg

101_0519.jpg

101_0520.jpg

101_0521.jpg

Touching-History-Sudan-models-for-sale-1.jpg

Neat buildings and tips on construction Michael. Thanks for the informative posts and pictures. You make it look easy. John

I made my third building last night...

I added some stairs to the roof...and painted it a little darker...a little variety...

I want to make a small village with about 8-10 buildings...these will work good with my Jenkin's Sudan and K&C Crusaders...

these are so easy to build...I can finish a whole building in one day...

I want to make a small street...to stage a dio...

I am getting better at these...learning some shortcuts...

I'm mixing the paint in the stucco now...which saves the "primer" step...

I'm getting better at creating the damage and decay (crumbling walls)...

I went over my first building...the large one with the porch...and added a lot of damage to the roof...

I'm low on stucco patch...the $8.00 can is almost empty...I got three full buildings out of...so you can see the materials are cheap on these...

I still need to add some detail...a door handle...maybe some hinges...I would like to find some cheap pottery in scale...etc...

anyway...having a blast with these and really happy with the results...doing these building yourself is really really really cheap...

here's some pics...

101_0522.jpg

101_0525.jpg

101_0524.jpg

101_0523.jpg

101_0526.jpg

101_0527.jpg

Looking forward to the village taking shape great start with the buildings Sir Michael....Papa Z

:cool:Great looking buildings Mike!:cool: I guess you,ve overcome your fear and hate for foam?:rolleyes::p

Hey Mike,Could you make a miniature New York City?It would only take you a month or two:D.Great job.
Mark

Looking good and, your work has saved you a small fortune doing them this way. Excellent work
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back