My First Foam Building... (1 Viewer)

All looks very good Michael.

For hinges (this is one way my friend makes hinges) how about thin plastic cut into a hinge shape and with en extra bit on the end to curl into a circle and glue for the hinge part. The an L shape piece of wire for the other part of the hinge. Does that make sense???

I am going to go through his photos as I am sure there are other tips on hinge making and see what I can dig up.

I bought some tiny hinges today...brass...I have to paint them...I finished the gate...but can't put it on til the Magic Water dries...

Wow...Michael...that looks great with the magic water!...maybe you should consider an oasis for your next project...seeing how your village is almost done (I need some magic bricks! :)).

I'm almost finished...

I added some catwalks so the defenders could shoot over the walls...

some steps so they can climb up to the catwalks...

added some railings on the catwalks...just to break up the look of all the stucco...I like the wood detailing...it helps...

finished the door with hinges...the black paint is not not working...I can still see the tiny screws...

any ideas anyone...

gotta hide the hinges somehow...may just "stucco" them...

the door is not in place yet...it's just standing there waiting to be installed...

bought a small "hand pump" water pump for the trough online...it's in the mail...but should add some good detail to the trough...

will try to finish and detail structure tomorrow...

I'm happy so far...it's a one of a kind...

really need some figures (Gordons) to do a diorama now...

101_0701.jpg

101_0702.jpg

101_0708.jpg

101_0707.jpg

101_0706.jpg

101_0709.jpg

101_0703.jpg

Hi Michael

You sure have been working hard and enjoying every minute by the looks of things.

The water trough looks great with the magic water added

Ref your brass hinges: Have you thought of using "Perma Blue Paste" it is a product used to "touch up" blueing on guns. I have used it and I know it works well on brass. The manufacturers are:

Birchwood Laboratories
Eden Parade
Mn 55344

Put me down for a tower and complete Sudan village if you start manufacturing them on a commercial basis;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Brilliant Michael!!!!

I would as you suggest use a bit of stucco (or a dab of milliput) just on the screw heads then paint them black.

Looking good Sir Michael an can't wait to see it manned and defended as more of the troops are released to man it. Nice way to start my morning seeing the results of your labor to date.....Papa Z

Mike,
Great fort. You make it look so easy.

You're right....a gatling gun will look great on the roof!

Took some time this afternoon Michael to catch up on this wonderful thread. My gawd man :eek: do you ever take a break ;). I have enjoyed viewing the progress of your efforts through your wonderful photographs and "how to" comments. Just great . . .
:) Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back