My Flat Collection (3 Viewers)

Guess it's all prussians day for me, The Lutzow Friekorps goes under the glass and I picked up several prints by Richard Knotel of the 1813 campaign, he was a prolific artist around the turn of the century and I'm always looking for his work in this format.
Ray

Flags, Fags, Flags who doesn't like Flags! Russian Infantry Regimental flags 1812
Ray

The answer, Ray - is a Vexaphobist. Thankfully, I'm not one - and they are very nice.:D

The answer, Ray - is a Vexaphobist. Thankfully, I'm not one - and they are very nice.:D

Really? Never knew there was a "disease" of flags, is it contagious? cause I think it's epedemic in the middle east and pakistan, they beeen burning them to try and cure it?{sm4}

some various polish lancers, other than size notice anything?

Really? Never knew there was a "disease" of flags, is it contagious? cause I think it's epedemic in the middle east and pakistan, they beeen burning them to try and cure it?{sm4}

some various polish lancers, other than size notice anything?

75% of 'em - have lost their lances - which for "lancers" seems a trifle odd?????? jb^&confuse There's a tree in the backround - and not much else - I give up.

(It's an irrational fear of 'em BTW.)

Ray...

everybody likes flags...

that might be the most colorful set I have ever seen...

75% of 'em - have lost their lances - which for "lancers" seems a trifle odd?????? jb^&confuse There's a tree in the backround - and not much else - I give up.

(It's an irrational fear of 'em BTW.)

Maybe this will help

Ray...

everybody likes flags...

that might be the most colorful set I have ever seen...

Thank you Mike, coming from a man who knows how to put together a unique and spectacular collection it means a lot to me that you enjoy it. Hey your diorama skill are really impressive and are constantly getting better.
I stumbled across some auctions from a person who had sets from the same artist that does my commissions in St. Petersburg, Russia. I had to have them, the russian Regimental flags are very colorful as you mention.
Ray

Maybe this will help

The only thing it can be - is different bases - but that was noticeable in the previous side-on views - so they are different manufacturers - but I still don't get it??

Most Polish lancers I've seen - the pennant on the lance is red over white??? Is that it?? jb

The only thing it can be - is different bases - but that was noticeable in the previous side-on views - so they are different manufacturers - but I still don't get it??

Most Polish lancers I've seen - the pennant on the lance is red over white??? Is that it?? jb

Sorry for my poor picture taking skills JB, I guess it's harder to see than I thought, I'm so used to looking at flats. Actually the 2 in the middle are on 2 sided printed paper! The publisher is a great artist who's flat sets I've collected and displayed here often, he is one of my favorites. We converse regularly and this is his new project, he sent me some samples and a 20 page color catalog. Each figure comes pre-cut as you see them here. Here is a shot from inside his catalog, huge variety.
I've also included some pics of one of his sets I just transfered under glass, keep in mind, he would draw the original figures, sculpt the molds and painted the figures. He's older now and unabled to work in actual metal flats but you can see he's still very passionate and active.
The man has huge amounts of talent!
Ray

Well Ray, I never would have guessed that. You just can't tell from a photo. They are VERY nice indeed.

So....after many decades - we're back to printed paper cut-outs??????????????

Lovely work. jb

Well Ray, I never would have guessed that. You just can't tell from a photo. They are VERY nice indeed.

Well JB, I've said it often here on the forum, "whats old becomes New". I see it all the time in the world and hear forum members bemoaning the shrinking of toy soldiers but it goes in cycles, some longer than others.
I won't be dippinng into these but I found the technology interesting, so well precut and fine graphics, certainly much cheaper. I'm very happy in my little corner of the toy soldier world, as for current conditions of the hobby, lately I have found some spectacular bargains paying less for a set than the rounds are paying for one new figure.
I'll be posting pics soon

Ray

Lovely work. jb

Wow, Ray.

John your neighbor.

Hi John,
Hope your health is getting better, physical pain effects the mind as much as the body, makes it hard to focus on anything and dulls the enjoyment of everything, been there in the past though not so severe as yours. Best wishes for a speedier recovery,
Ray

Lovely work. jb

Well JB, I've said it often here on the forum, "whats old becomes New". I see it all the time in the world and hear forum members bemoaning the shrinking of toy soldiers but it goes in cycles, some longer than others.
I won't be dippinng into these but I found the technology interesting, so well precut and fine graphics, certainly much cheaper. I know you like the horse Artillery teams, I finally mounted up a French team.
Ray

Very nice Ray - I have a Prussian and French teams (with horses), at the moment in Flats - but I very much enjoyed painting them - though again - I like doing mine in Gloss. Here's a reminder: Love your backdrops BTW - I have yet to get into that - as I just like the challenge of painting the figures, for now.

Prussian

French

Last edited:
Very nice Ray - I have a Prussian and French teams (with horses), at the moment in Flats - but I very much enjoyed painting them - though again - I like doing mine in Gloss. Here's a reminder: Love your backdrops BTW - I have yet to get into that - as I just like the challenge of painting the figures, for now.

Prussian

French

Beautiful job on these JB, love the horse coloring, I don't know why I choose the 4 horse team over 6 but I always seem to, guess it wouls make these lighter gun sizes

Well I departed from my usual on this set, try to stay away from the modern era but this set caught my eye.
August 1941, Operation Barbarossa is a roaring success and the Blitzkrieg is moving faster than anyone anticipated. In a small village on the Steppes of Mother Russia the Wehrmacht 6th Army General staff as the spearhead of Army Group south meet to plan the next step in this blindingly fast moving campaign.
Ray

Well I departed from my usual on this set, try to stay away from the modern era but this set caught my eye.
August 1941, Operation Barbarossa is a roaring success and the Blitzkrieg is moving faster than anyone anticipated. In a small village on the Steppes of Mother Russia the Wehrmacht 6th Army General staff as the spearhead of Army Group south meet to plan the next step in this blindingly fast moving campaign.
Ray

If I was that General - I'd be getting a bit worried Ray. I think that well is creeping up behind him. It is over to the right in an earlier pic - but has sneaked up to eavesdrop on him in the last one.

Doesn't he know the old saying??? "Wells have ears" ????:rolleyes::D

Most unusual Ray - nice set.:salute:: jb

If I was that General - I'd be getting a bit worried Ray. I think that well is creeping up behind him. It is over to the right in an earlier pic - but has sneaked up to eavesdrop on him in the last one.

Doesn't he know the old saying??? "Wells have ears" ????:rolleyes::D

Most unusual Ray - nice set.:salute:: jb

Haven't you seen any of the spy movies? Like Bridge of Spies is about a russian agent disquised as a bridge? It's really the Enchanted village, you didn't notice all the foilage, the old women and the house behind disappeared?:confused: no wonder they lost the war...
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back