My Flat Collection (1 Viewer)

Ray, I always enjoy your flats and the range and sculpts of the world of flats are astounding, but I miss the other dioramas and models you used to post. JB, still loving all your repairs and restorations.

Great stuff Ray. Inspired by your handsome Stagecoach - I'm trying to get something similar out of Zinnfiguren Strassburg. My new buddy Erhardt and I are trying to work out a deal that will let me get my mitts on both a Stagecoach - and a bunch of mounted Apache braves - intent on some hair-raising fun!! We're going through the usual hoops of them encouraging me to make me send a hugely expensive British Bank Transfer (No Way Hose!) - and me trying to make them take a Paypal hit (Nein Danke!).

Ho hum - we'll get there somehow.

Here's the link to see what I'm after: jb

Just had a result ,Ray - on the Stagecoach with a heap big bunch of Apache braves chasing. My new chum Erhardt sent me a few pics in advance as painting guides ( for later in the year).

Here's a pic of the coach - painted - and some of the braves he sent me - in advance of him posting them off tomorrow. jb

Congratulations on you negotiations Johnny! always need patience for these kind of things but there is vurtue in the challenge of the hunt don't you think?
Nothing says the wild west to me more than an Indian riding a galloping Palamino pony, really looking forward to your treatment of these horses.
I dug around and found I had less of those cavalry figs than I thought, a couple of shots, the american flagbearer is civil war issue as is the dismounted but I thought they still fit in.
Ray

Ray, I always enjoy your flats and the range and sculpts of the world of flats are astounding, but I miss the other dioramas and models you used to post. JB, still loving all your repairs and restorations.

Thank you for the compliment, there's always something coming if your talking about the flats and scenery dioramas the pipelines full and I have an actual workbench in the new digs garage thats covered with projects in various states of development. lately I been posting basically one ofs that are difficult to build a full scene around but I haven't lost the bug!
Ray

Congratulations on you negotiations Johnny! always need patience for these kind of things but there is vurtue in the challenge of the hunt don't you think?
Nothing says the wild west to me more than an Indian riding a galloping Palamino pony, really looking forward to your treatment of these horses.
I dug around and found I had less of those cavalry figs than I thought, a couple of shots, the american flagbearer is civil war issue as is the dismounted but I thought they still fit in.
Ray

Yo Dude! They look great with the coach !! jb

Thank you for the compliment, there's always something coming if your talking about the flats and scenery dioramas the pipelines full and I have an actual workbench in the new digs garage thats covered with projects in various states of development. lately I been posting basically one ofs that are difficult to build a full scene around but I haven't lost the bug!
Ray

I meant was, you used to post dioramas (not necessarily flats) of battleships, fantasy and other stuff, what seems from the internet. Those were always fun to look at.

I meant was, you used to post dioramas (not necessarily flats) of battleships, fantasy and other stuff, what seems from the internet. Those were always fun to look at.

Ahh, now I follow you, yes I did cruise the web to find really great art and Diorama's but i soon learned the limitations of free photobucket, I have pretty much reconciled myself to having to pay for space and then I should have more space to play with. Maybe then I could start posting more diverse material again.
Ray

I've had this group of chariots for years, not knowing what to do with them, each is 5 pieces and super glue wouldn't hold the together. I casually posted some pics of unfinished work on the bench with Johnny Bach and he suggested drilling and pinning. Finally got the courage and upon completion mounted on a base, very satisfied.
Pharoah and his hordes issues forth from the bounderies of his dynasty to expand the empire!
Ray

I've had this group of chariots for years, not knowing what to do with them, each is 5 pieces and super glue wouldn't hold the together. I casually posted some pics of unfinished work on the bench with Johnny Bach and he suggested drilling and pinning. Finally got the courage and upon completion mounted on a base, very satisfied.
Pharoah and his hordes issues forth from the bounderies of his dynasty to expand the empire!
Ray

Wow Ray! - Fabulous job - they're SO colourful. Well done!

Yes - it does take a bit of courage to take a drill to a nicely painted piece.

I assume you used a pin-vice ( nice and easy and slowly) - to drill through the wheels at the axle - and then insert a short piece of suitable rod??

A touch of paint on the exposed end is all that's really required. Looks like you then "teamed them up" and popped them on a new base??

They look just FAB-U-LOUS!! Great job!

Hello Ray
once again wonderful figures. I do know of collectors back home in Germany who exclusively collect chariots of all ages. Looking at your pictures explains it all. Great colourful subject which comes in a large variety of available figurines.
Very, very nice to look at indeed. Thank you very much for sharing.
Kind Regards
Wolfgang

Hello Ray
once again wonderful figures. I do know of collectors back home in Germany who exclusively collect chariots of all ages. Looking at your pictures explains it all. Great colourful subject which comes in a large variety of available figurines.
Very, very nice to look at indeed. Thank you very much for sharing.
Kind Regards
Wolfgang

Hello Wolfgang,
Thank you for your kind words, I'm sorry for the delay in responding, working in Colorado for 10 days but I'm glad you enjoy my staging of figures and background and my flat collecting.
Came back to several boxes, this is one very well done, I just call him "the Red Knight".
Ray

As many of you who have visited this thread know I enjoy the paper scenery, there are some very fun kits coming out of Russia. Very easy to assemble and some great topics, here's my latest, a Greek Bireme or warship. I think the scale is a little on the small side but it's a great kit!
Ray

I can never get enough artillery.
New French Napoleonic line gun and crew.
Ray

That ship is paper??? Very cool!
Hi Again Zach, yes paper, more cardboard, I should have taken more time to cleanit up a bit, if you notice the rowers alaong the deck, you just see there haeds but I wish I would have cleaned them up a bit, less excess. And the oursman actually move along with the oars!, looks pretty cool!
Ray

how about a little seduction as Cleopatra seduces Marc Antony

2 more items a new signed Leliepvre print 1840 American Indian wars trooper and a group of Russian Hussars scouting meet some Moscow Militia at a crossroads and work a farmer for intelligence.
Ray

A couple of Prussian General Staff members and a plastic, made in China $2.00 Windmill I actually painted myself!Think it turned out rather well if I do say so myself? you can see the original bright orange color in a couple of the pics.
Ray

Some more odds and sods
Prussian Landwehr 1813

European Monk mounted on Donkey

2 more figures from the Crecy range

A group of mounted Crusader Knights

and finally some Polish Lancers

Hope you enjoy,
Ray

2 more mounted crusaders,have put together quitew a few of these, really need to put together scene with these on the road or in a middle eastern city.
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back