My Flat Collection (1 Viewer)

Bavarian light infantry lead the 2nd KronPrinz regt.
Ray
(with and without flash)

I would love to set these new sets up and take some photos with scenery but my picture location is in the garage and I will not spend ANY extra time in that oven of a Texas summer!
1st west Prussian Regiment and 2nd Selesian Regiment. I also added a couple of mounted Prussian General Staff officers I got a while back.
Ray

This is a group of Napoleons troops in Egypt, photo detail not great, some are wearing pin stripped trousers. The Dromedary troops I've shown before, gotta love the Artillery pulled by camel.
1 of 2
Ray

For my buddy JB, Crecy 1346, saw an auction for these flats unpainted but they showed the painted figures.
Ray

For my buddy JB, Crecy 1346, saw an auction for these flats unpainted but they showed the painted figures.
Ray

Cheers Ray - these will come in useful when my vision gets good enough to tackle them. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm having a few medical problems - and medicines mean that I can't see well enough to tackle them this small. I'm okay with 54mm - so am having a bash at a few more of the bigger boys - until hopefully things get better. jb

Cheers Ray - these will come in useful when my vision gets good enough to tackle them. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm having a few medical problems - and medicines mean that I can't see well enough to tackle them this small. I'm okay with 54mm - so am having a bash at a few more of the bigger boys - until hopefully things get better. jb

Sorry to hear about your medical issues, happens to us all eventually, here are some pics from Crecy and Agincourt just to cheer you up!
Ray

Sorry to hear about your medical issues, happens to us all eventually, here are some pics from Crecy and Agincourt just to cheer you up!
Ray

Amazing !

Thank you for posting...Hopefully it gave jb a smile also.

Over on the International Flat figure Society website there is a German flats club that is building a diorama of a portion of the 1813 Battle of Nations battlefield. The scenario is around the town of Connewitz in the Southwest coner of the battlefield. Polish forces hold the village with support of the French, the austrians attempt to take the town and it's vital crossing point. It is a very high quality display under construction. Here is some of the work, all are outstanding but the village really stands out to me.
Ray

Over on the International Flat figure Society website there is a German flats club that is building a diorama of a portion of the 1813 Battle of Nations battlefield. The scenario is around the town of Connewitz in the Southwest coner of the battlefield. Polish forces hold the village with support of the French, the austrians attempt to take the town and it's vital crossing point. It is a very high quality display under construction. Here is some of the work, all are outstanding but the village really stands out to me.
Ray

Great photos.

You are correct, the "village" is outstanding.

Also like the water, especially well done where the troops are crossing.

Thank you.

So very well done !

Great photography.

The troops requisitioning supplies are neat.

Thank you.

Glad your enjoying, here are the last few in various stages of completion, you see the pins indicate future troop placement, so this will continue.
Ray

Hi Ray
nothing to add, great stuff and some professional model building to watch. I will be following (as usual) with great interest.
Kind Regards
Wolfgang:salute::

Glad your enjoying, here are the last few in various stages of completion, you see the pins indicate future troop placement, so this will continue.
Ray

All of this is great...the terrain, fences, water and buildings, especially the Mill...is that a 'Rat' by the Mill Stone in above picture ?

A lot of work went into this.

Thank you.

Hi Ray
nothing to add, great stuff and some professional model building to watch. I will be following (as usual) with great interest.
Kind Regards
Wolfgang:salute::

Oh Come on now Wolfgang! looks to be a short 700 KM jaunte down to the Museum in Leipzig and you could report first hand? Notice the huge dioramas in the background, it is an awesome Battlefield as well as all the other displays?
Ray

Oh Come on now Wolfgang! looks to be a short 700 KM jaunte down to the Museum in Leipzig and you could report first hand? Notice the huge dioramas in the background, it is an awesome Battlefield as well as all the other displays?
Ray

Oooooooh YES Ray.
very, very true indeed! As things are looking right now this time next summer my 20year long tour of duty of living abroad will come to an end and we will finally move back to Germany. You have no idea how much I intend to take advantage of your suggestion above ......... eleven month and two weeks to go {sm4}{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}

Meanwhile thank you for keeping this wonderfull thread alive and leaving me homesick {sm2}
See you in Leipzig 2017
Kind Regards
Wolfgang

Ray

Ray,

you mention a Museum in Leipzig....... what is it, and where exactly as I'm planning on going through that city next spring and would love to see any toy soldiers,

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back