My Flat Collection (1 Viewer)

Another set that has been in a box for a long time, one of my earliest commisions, The Tsars Own Guards heavy calvary Regiment at the Battle of Borodino 1812, the castings are from a Russian artist Daria Miteleva. The Chavau Legers were products of firm Jean Barriere-Segom. this ones kinda crowded but I just love them and still have more done as other Guards Curassier regiments (other makers)
Ray

Very nice small group, Queen Louise of Prussia presents an award for valor to a young Hussar
Ray

Inspired by King and Country's 7th Hussars display I've been working on a Berg. Am working on a base and still thinking about what I want for walls.
Ray

These buildings are beautiful !

Thank You for posting.

These buildings are beautiful !

Thank You for posting.

Thank you Ivan,
Am being buried on the road right now but I have several more in the works. and another very nice ship. work and travel should cool with the weather.
I did mange to rig a past model Cog for full sail, I failed knots as a boy scout and the rigging always is tricky for me.
Ray
These models also leaves excessive tabs during construction, I cleaned the hull up as well as possible too.

Thank you Ivan,
Am being buried on the road right now but I have several more in the works. and another very nice ship. work and travel should cool with the weather.
I did mange to rig a past model Cog for full sail, I failed knots as a boy scout and the rigging always is tricky for me.
Ray
These models also leaves excessive tabs during construction, I cleaned the hull up as well as possible too.

The "Cog" has always been one of my favourite ships.

Great job on the rigging.

Thank you.

The "Cog" has always been one of my favourite ships.

Great job on the rigging.

Thank you.

Thank you Ivan, had to redo it at least 3 times, I have another ship in process as I pack my bags to hit the road again:(
Ray

I'm always looking for something a little different, even if it's only different from what I generally collect. A respite as Rommel's Afrika Korps rolls across North Africa in 1941. Found this group of Afrika Korps at rest on German ebay and the Morrocan building on French ebay, looked like a natural fit to me, added a couple of locals as well. Should look nice under glass!:)
Ray

Your totally out of control and I love it. Your building a really fine and varied collection :salute:::salute:::salute:: The first figures I ever played with as a child were my fathers hand me down flats, I only have a hand full I've bought over the years. Really enjoy your collection some really beautifully done figures. regards Gebhard

Your totally out of control and I love it. Your building a really fine and varied collection :salute:::salute:::salute:: The first figures I ever played with as a child were my fathers hand me down flats, I only have a hand full I've bought over the years. Really enjoy your collection some really beautifully done figures. regards Gebhard

Thank you Gebhard, I was I think 7 or 8 when my mother took me back to her home to meet my grandparents where I was introduced to Flats, Legos and Gummi Bears! I still love them all.
I noticed the photos kinda blocked some of the locals so i rearranged them a bit. I'm looking for some additional Palms and perhaps a desert well.
Ray

Hello JB,
Yes, glare when taking pics is a major problem for me with smaller objects you have to get a bit closer and the flash can over power the pic. It is one of the main motivating factors with my process of over spraying my sets with a flat coat to eleviate the reflection off the figure.
The pic you prefered was incandescent light with a camera flash, the camera also auto adjusts for the "yellow" effect of incandescent light. the second is flash off with an energy saving flourescent bulb, still feeling around for a cheap combo and frankly I just haven't done my homework with my work schedule.
Ray

French 4th Dragoons 1813 -1815

I always enjoy looking at your collection and photos. Do you use direct flash, or bounce? If you don't use bounce, you can get a flash you can swivel, which will can make a world of difference. You can also buy flash attachments that diffuse the light more. I almost always use bounce flash indoors in small areas.

I always enjoy looking at your collection and photos. Do you use direct flash, or bounce? If you don't use bounce, you can get a flash you can swivel, which will can make a world of difference. You can also buy flash attachments that diffuse the light more. I almost always use bounce flash indoors in small areas.

Hi,
Thanks for the compliment, I don't have any devices to deffuse the flash but it makes sense, the Nikon Coolpix L-100 has a flash attached with no real alternatives.
Ray

This is a set I got along time ago, guess thats why I hadn't put them under glass before, bottom of the chest. Austrian Curassiers halted.
Ray

Been a while since I found a worthy and affordable Lelieprve print, this is from a set of earlier regime, once again hand colored and counter signed in a limited edition by the artist. Sorry about cutting of the edges, european size (I think they call it A4) is larger than standard US sizes and copiers.
Ray

In my continuing cardboard/paper work, here is a Caravel. used to explore much of Africa and the New World in as early as the 14th century thru the 16th century. The ship itself was a breeze to assemble but the knots and rigging really worked me hard. still cleaning up the fine details but it is basically done. I'll post some pics later in comparison to the Mideval Cog.
Not bad for paper and thread!
Ray

In my continuing cardboard/paper work, here is a Caravel. used to explore much of Africa and the New World in as early as the 14th century thru the 16th century. The ship itself was a breeze to assemble but the knots and rigging really worked me hard. still cleaning up the fine details but it is basically done. I'll post some pics later in comparison to the Mideval Cog.
Not bad for paper and thread!
Ray

to followup here with a medival cog, I'm doing some touch to clean up the exposed cardboard, hope it looks better after.

Last pics of the Caravel, I got a set of artists fine tip markers and hit all the exposed cardboard edges I could reach, some comparisons, before and after.
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back