NCAA Football 2023 (2 Viewers)

However this Alabama Michigan game ends, one thing is for sure neither team looks like a top 4 team. Ugly mistake ptone game. There is way too long of a layoff. Crappy game.

Have to give the Michigan players credit. They were not going to lose that game. They had the greater will than Bama. Can't see anyone beating them. It's a shame that Harblow has to act like a psychopath though. He is a weird dude even by college football coaching standards. All the better when the NCAA vacates Michigan's championship.

Have to give the Michigan players credit. They were not going to lose that game. They had the greater will than Bama. Can't see anyone beating them. It's a shame that Harblow has to act like a psychopath though. He is a weird dude even by college football coaching standards. All the better when the NCAA vacates Michigan's championship.

I am not sure the NCAA has that authority nor would anyone care anymore. They will and are a meaningless organization with nil and college football playoff now.

Patriots fans are flipping out about them dropping in the draft order and possibly missing out on the top two QB's.........tell you what; I'll take Harrison Jr and then work a trade to move up and take Penix asap.........man oh man is he smooth in the pocket, he throws dimes.

Patriots fans are flipping out about them dropping in the draft order and possibly missing out on the top two QB's.........tell you what; I'll take Harrison Jr and then work a trade to move up and take Penix asap.........man oh man is he smooth in the pocket, he throws dimes.

My opinion he should have won the Heisman. That was an exciting half. Too many flubs by Texas offense though.

While I wish Texas had won, it is great to see a Pac-12 team in the Championship.

While I wish Texas had won, it is great to see a Pac-12 team in the Championship.

Jason,
Texas had the opportunity to win, which was awesome considering we had 2 very very costly fumbles. Still went down to the last offensive play from the 12 yard line, we just couldn't punch it in. Tough game, but I give Sark 100% credit to turn around that team in 3 years.

One takeaway - Arch Manning IMO will be the starting QB next year. Quinn Ewers will lose that job. End of day, fun and exciting season, they just literally missed by inches.

TD

That was a great game. Both teams played hard. I still can't believe that they don't start the game clock after an injured player is taken off the field. Why would they not start the clock in that situation as he was tackled in bounds with the clock running? Obviously, UW was not faking an injury to stop the clock in that situation. Texas would have had about 20 seconds left in the game instead of 50 on that last drive. That would have been the choke of the century if UW had managed to bungle that game. All they had to do was kneel down and let the clock run down and punt the ball out of the stadium. Texas might get one play with no TOs. Unreal. Regardless, glad the PAC has a team in the final game. I couldn't take Harblow walking around with his mouth hanging open (I've never seen any other human do that) or Sark endlessly staring at that play sheet (the answer wasn't there).

If Michigan wins out, it will be interesting to see what the NCAA does. When they alleged that Reggie Bush had taken some benefits while playing in 2004, they did the following:

1) Two-year bowl ban
2) Vacated the 2004 National Championship
3) Loss of Heisman Trophy
4) Loss of 30 scholarships
5) Forfeit of 12 wins

In contrast, Harblow was caught red handed cheating in a way that impacted the outcome of games. He failed to take any responsibility and instead made himself out as a martyr. His conduct is a thousand times worse than Reggie Bush because it gave his team competitive advantage in many games.

That was a great game. Both teams played hard. I still can't believe that they don't start the game clock after an injured player is taken off the field. Why would they not start the clock in that situation as he was tackled in bounds with the clock running? Obviously, UW was not faking an injury to stop the clock in that situation. Texas would have had about 20 seconds left in the game instead of 50 on that last drive. That would have been the choke of the century if UW had managed to bungle that game. All they had to do was kneel down and let the clock run down and punt the ball out of the stadium. Texas might get one play with no TOs. Unreal. Regardless, glad the PAC has a team in the final game. I couldn't take Harblow walking around with his mouth hanging open (I've never seen any other human do that) or Sark endlessly staring at that play sheet (the answer wasn't there).

If Michigan wins out, it will be interesting to see what the NCAA does. When they alleged that Reggie Bush had taken some benefits while playing in 2004, they did the following:

1) Two-year bowl ban
2) Vacated the 2004 National Championship
3) Loss of Heisman Trophy
4) Loss of 30 scholarships
5) Forfeit of 12 wins

In contrast, Harblow was caught red handed cheating in a way that impacted the outcome of games. He failed to take any responsibility and instead made himself out as a martyr. His conduct is a thousand times worse than Reggie Bush because it gave his team competitive advantage in many games.

Rule - under 2 mins if an offensive player is injured, clock stops immediately regardless of result of the play and the Defense has the choice of running of 10 seconds or not. But it is automatic clock stoppage on Offense side.

NCAA as I said before IMO will not discipline Michigan in any meaningful way. The times have changed regarding their authority, I don't see them doing anything of consequence now or in the future. The 2 power conferences now run the table (SEC and Big 10). They will basically make the NCAA a figurehead of some proportion, but you will no longer see any real discipline. That ship has sailed and part of me is happy for it, they were very arbitrary in their punishments over the years and you could argue wholly unfair. Some programs were destroyed and others were slapped on the wrist.

TD

My early pick is Michigan in the upcoming game. Even though I think Penick is an incredible QB who literally about 90% of the time threw dimes, I think Michigan is too deep and if you look at Texas success running the ball (albeit 2 fumbles that were huge and costly), I think Michigan could run all over Washington.

Again, end of day, as you see, all depends on which team shows up. My opinion, Washington offense came to play and they were pretty flawless. Michigan took 3.5 quarters to play up to their availability. So who knows.

TD

Tom-
I agree that the NCAA may not impose significant penalties on Harblow but it isn't because they don't have the authority. They have already suspended him for other violations. The reason they may not vacate Michigan's wins and national championship is because of money. Just like the soft touch the NFL took with the Pats. It is bad for the brand to play an entire season and then render it meaningless by vacating the championship. It would create no end of controversy etc.

The right thing to do, however, is to vacate any Michigan wins associated with the sign stealing, vacate the national championship if they win it, and force Harblow to resign in disgrace. The world is in a mess largely because no one is held accountable. In fact, they are often rewarded for misconduct which is why he have the likes of Hunter Biden and the president of Harvard. Rewarding Harblow with a $100 million dollar deal based on his success while cheating the system is not the right thing to do. There is still right and wrong even if the rules are not enforced by those in charge for their own selfish reasons and the wrong doers play the victim.

On the rule that caused the clock to stop due to an injury, that needs to be changed. It is like giving one team an extra timeout. There is no conceivable reason to not restart the clock in that situation. The runner was tackled in bounds. The team in UW's position has no incentive to fake an injury. To the contrary, they want the clock to run but are effectively penalized due to a legitimate injury to the point that it almost cost them the entire game. The clock should start as it would have had there been no injury in that situation once the injured player is taken off the field. Imagine if that game and maybe the national championship was decided because of that bizarre rule.

Tom-
I agree that the NCAA may not impose significant penalties on Harblow but it isn't because they don't have the authority. They have already suspended him for other violations. The reason they may not vacate Michigan's wins and national championship is because of money. Just like the soft touch the NFL took with the Pats. It is bad for the brand to play an entire season and then render it meaningless by vacating the championship. It would create no end of controversy etc.

The right thing to do, however, is to vacate any Michigan wins associated with the sign stealing, vacate the national championship if they win it, and force Harblow to resign in disgrace. The world is in a mess largely because no one is held accountable. In fact, they are often rewarded for misconduct which is why he have the likes of Hunter Biden and the president of Harvard. Rewarding Harblow with a $100 million dollar deal based on his success while cheating the system is not the right thing to do. There is still right and wrong even if the rules are not enforced by those in charge for their own selfish reasons and the wrong doers play the victim.

I do not disagree in the least, you are correct on a lot of fronts. I guess I have just become resigned to college fb and bb being the minor leagues, I just wish they would admit it!
TD

On the rule that caused the clock to stop due to an injury, that needs to be changed. It is like giving one team an extra timeout. There is no conceivable reason to not restart the clock in that situation. The runner was tackled in bounds. The team in UW's position has no incentive to fake an injury. To the contrary, they want the clock to run but are effectively penalized due to a legitimate injury to the point that it almost cost them the entire game. The clock should start as it would have had there been no injury in that situation once the injured player is taken off the field. Imagine if that game and maybe the national championship was decided because of that bizarre rule.

They actually believe it or not instituted it more b/c of historically the offense has done this to preserve time to get plays in and win a game. I think it is on the same lines as when the offense is trying to win and they jump offsides under 2, not only costs them 5 yards but if the other team accepts it a 10 sec run off or the OF has to take a timeout. It is like most rules, original intention was to penalize an offense trying to break the rules to win. In this bizarre scenario (and IMO the arrogance of the Washington coach), they should have taken knees!

By the way, I am pretty convinced after seeing an interview with the Huskie coach, we may have a battle of 2 of the most arrogant coaches in college. WOW. I didn't think anyone could come close to Jim H, but this guy may just give him a run. Like I said previously, Washing played flawless offense for about 3 qtrs, BUT and this is a wouldve shouldve, had Texas not fumbled twice, they would have won that game with their running attack. If Michigan runs well early, this game may not be close. Call me crazy, but have that odd feeling, I think Michigan shook off the rust while Washington played a near flawless game.

TD

Tom-

The NCAA can’t even get suspensions right.

Harbaugh was not banned for any significant time. He continued to coach all week leading up to the games he was suspended for. He was only banned from the sidelines on game days.

That is not a suspension, that is a timeout at best.

The NCAA can’t even get suspensions right.

Harbaugh was not banned for any significant time. He continued to coach all week leading up to the games he was suspended for. He was only banned from the sidelines on game days.

That is not a suspension, that is a timeout at best.

Rumors are swirling he's on deck to be the next Patriots head coach; sounds about right, he'll win the national championship and then pull a Pete Carroll and bail for the NFL before the **** hits the fan in Michigan.

We'll go from Belicheat to Harblow.

Reading that ESPN is paying Pat McAfee $85 million. Unreal. No wonder they are going bust.

I am kind of torn on who to cheer for in the championship game, on one hand I really do not like Harbaugh, on the other hand Michigan is one of the few schools that mixes high end academics with a successful sports program.

And then there is the PAC-12 side. It would great see that conference get a win.

The final predict:

Michigan 34 UW 24 - I hope that I'm wrong but the stars seem to be aligned for Harblow to win it and cash in on the cheating scandal. The upside is that this might mean he moves on to the NFL. It would be great to see the PAC get a win in the final game, though. Particularly since Penix has already been robbed of the Heisman.

The final predict:

Michigan 34 UW 24 - I hope that I'm wrong but the stars seem to be aligned for Harblow to win it and cash in on the cheating scandal. The upside is that this might mean he moves on to the NFL. It would be great to see the PAC get a win in the final game, though. Particularly since Penix has already been robbed of the Heisman.

I think this game solely hinges on Michigan's running game. If they run like they did the 4th qtr, IMO they will win. I saw way to much ability to run by Texas and that game was kept close. Of course, flipside is Washington lights up the secondary early and it is a different game. End of day, not sure what to expect, but I think your score may not be far off.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back