NCAA Football 2023 (3 Viewers)

Hail To the Victors - congrats to the Michigan team. Running game was just too much and a strong D. I think end of day, the most talented team won this year.

TD

Great to see a school that ranks in the Top 25 academically finally win the College Football Playoff.

A strangely dull and emotionless game given all that was at stake. None of the intensity of the first round of playoff games. Hard to believe but it was close into the second half when the refs called that phantom holding penalty on UW that brought back a 30+ yard pass that would have put them on the verge of tying the game. After that the bottom dropped out. Penix looked tight and scared. Michigan shut down the UW receivers who were awful. I can't believe the UW coach allowed Penix to stay in the game once it was out of hand. He looked to be in severe pain. Maybe had his ribs broken. He was getting pummeled on every pass.

Finally, the endless repetition of the commentators that "Michigan had overcome lots of adversity" was nauseating. By adversity, they apparently mean that they were caught red handed cheating. But Harblow and company are the victims. And heroes to boot. Hopefully the NCAA does the right thing and vacates all the wins associated with that scandal including vacating the national championship. Harblow can then collect his $100 million from the NFL.

A strangely dull and emotionless game given all that was at stake. None of the intensity of the first round of playoff games. Hard to believe but it was close into the second half when the refs called that phantom holding penalty on UW that brought back a 30+ yard pass that would have put them on the verge of tying the game. After that the bottom dropped out. Penix looked tight and scared. Michigan shut down the UW receivers who were awful. I can't believe the UW coach allowed Penix to stay in the game once it was out of hand. He looked to be in severe pain. Maybe had his ribs broken. He was getting pummeled on every pass.

Finally, the endless repetition of the commentators that "Michigan had overcome lots of adversity" was nauseating. By adversity, they apparently mean that they were caught red handed cheating. But Harblow and company are the victims. And heroes to boot. Hopefully the NCAA does the right thing and vacates all the wins associated with that scandal including vacating the national championship. Harblow can then collect his $100 million from the NFL.

Doug,
I know not the outcome you would have wanted, but take a look at the replay, the holding was really nearly a closeline around the helmet, it was blatant, they showed it from the top angle and side angle the ref had. That tackle committed a few of them (which they called) last night and honestly they could have called them all game, he was really a step slow against that Michigan End. Like I thought, IMO, the Michigan running game was too strong. Michigan should have scored more. Their defense is definitely one of the best, secondary and pass rush were pretty good too. Again, IMO, if Michigan would have scored a TD to make it 21 -3 in first half instead of that field goal when they stalled, they would have won by 40. The initial punch in the mouth determined this game.

TD

As we have posted previously, I find the NCAA irrelevant. The genie is out of the bottle, this is amateur sports with pay, no need for the NCAA. Need a new guidelines and rules that are pertinent. I don't disagree Michigan deserves punishment. Vacating wins, I always thought ridiculous and stupid. Nobody respects that, ask a USC Fan (you), a FSU fan, a Penn St. fan, a UNLV fan. The NCAA is arbitrary and capricious (Jason, let me know if my old law words are correct!, probably not). I wish they would just go away, personally, have hated that organization ever since I could understand it. A bunch of stuffy idiots who are impressed by their own perceived importance. Why intelligent people create these idiotic power hungry oversight "committees", I have never understood. My favorite sign at a game I ever saw was simple "F CK the NCAA" (1990 UNLV basketball on route to the largest margin of victor every in a Championship game). Seemed appropriate then, still seems so now 34 years later.
TD

Doug,
I know not the outcome you would have wanted, but take a look at the replay, the holding was really nearly a closeline around the helmet, it was blatant, they showed it from the top angle and side angle the ref had. That tackle committed a few of them (which they called) last night and honestly they could have called them all game, he was really a step slow against that Michigan End. Like I thought, IMO, the Michigan running game was too strong. Michigan should have scored more. Their defense is definitely one of the best, secondary and pass rush were pretty good too. Again, IMO, if Michigan would have scored a TD to make it 21 -3 in first half instead of that field goal when they stalled, they would have won by 40. The initial punch in the mouth determined this game.

TD

Agreed, he grabbed him around the neck and then pushed him to the ground.....but other than that...........:rolleyes2:.

That kid was getting beaten like a rented mule all game long.

When it was 14-3 Michigan and they had that long run up the sideline, if that kid just kept going up the sideline, he scores as he had a blocker in front of him, he hesitated and tried to cut across the field and got tackled, 17-3 vs 21-3.

Penix, who was lights out vs Texas, was horrendous last night, harassed all game long, his receivers were well covered, when they were open, he missed them time and time again.

Michigan won by 3 TD's and it wasn't even close, no threat of Washington doing much of anything, a whopping one TD all game long.

Michigan won the game, wire to wire best team in the country, 15-0, let the haters hate, what's done is done, go ahead and vacate the championship, like those kids would give a ****, what are they going to do, uncelebrate?..................it's laughable.

A **** ton of them are moving on to the NFL, the rest will stay behind, reload and give it another go next year.

With or without Harblow.

Best fight song in college football too BTW......well that and Boomer Sooner.

I don't have any dog in this fight. I do dislike Harblow but didn't really care one way or the other about this game. There was a clear holding penalty on Michigan on a long pass play that was not called. An obvious holding. The call on UW was questionable at best. He grabbed for the guy as he ran past him. To fix a game it is not necessary to pay the players or have every call go a certain way. Just drop the flag here or there or not and it's game over. No idea if that happened here but with all the gambling and TV money, nothing can be ruled out. The picture don't lie. Hunter Biden and Harblow are both victims. We only hate them due to their success. Belicheat as well. Hopefully Old Jim heads to the Pats. The legacy shouldn't end.

Washington Huskies fans claim National Championship game was 'rigged' after spotting live TV no-call flags by referees | The US Sun (the-sun.com)

I don't have any dog in this fight. I do dislike Harblow but didn't really care one way or the other about this game. There was a clear holding penalty on Michigan on a long pass play that was not called. An obvious holding. The call on UW was questionable at best. He grabbed for the guy as he ran past him. To fix a game it is not necessary to pay the players or have every call go a certain way. Just drop the flag here or there or not and it's game over. No idea if that happened here but with all the gambling and TV money, nothing can be ruled out. The picture don't lie. Hunter Biden and Harblow are both victims. We only hate them due to their success. Belicheat as well. Hopefully Old Jim heads to the Pats. The legacy shouldn't end.

Washington Huskies fans claim National Championship game was 'rigged' after spotting live TV no-call flags by referees | The US Sun (the-sun.com)

I hope he comes here, we can use all the help we can get, we stink.

Cheating is welcome, come on down Harblow.

Gee, I'm confused; people are claiming that game was rigged?

By who?

The NCAA?

Oh sure, that bastion of integrity/truth/justice and the American way.

If they have it in for Michigan, why would they rig the game so that they win?

Wouldn't they rig it so that they lose?

I mean honest to Christ.

I give up.

I really do.

You’re relying on the US Sun for this? Not much point in discussing then.

You’re relying on the US Sun for this? Not much point in discussing then.

It is the pictures therein that shows two critical holding penalties that were not called. That article contains the best photos that I've seen. Holding or not?

It is the pictures therein that shows two critical holding penalties that were not called. That article contains the best photos that I've seen. Holding or not?

As the saying goes, you can call holding on every play in college and the NFL.

Ever see the video of Gump Manning's miracle throw to Tyree in the Scottish Game?

Seymour is in a choke hold, Ty Warren is being bear hugged and Bruschi is in a headlock.

No penalty for not one, not two, but three holds.

If any ****ing game was rigged, it was that one, punishment for Spygate, handing the Giants a win on a silver platter.

Gee, I'm confused; people are claiming that game was rigged?

By who?

The NCAA?

Oh sure, that bastion of integrity/truth/justice and the American way.

If they have it in for Michigan, why would they rig the game so that they win?

Wouldn't they rig it so that they lose?

I mean honest to Christ.

I give up.

I really do.

George you've never complained about the refs or suggested a game was rigged? I think we all have. I do think it's clear that conference refs give the benefit of the doubt to the top teams during the season to keep the playoff hopes alive. There were numerous examples this year. There is so much money at stake that the officials for each conference can't help but be influenced. Gambling has also entered the sports scene big time over the last few years. Hundreds of millions are bet on every aspect of the game. That is a scandal just waiting to happen. Players, refs, and coaches will undoubtedly get caught up in it. I don't think this game was rigged but the officiating was definitely suspect.

George you've never complained about the refs or suggested a game was rigged? I think we all have. I do think it's clear that conference refs give the benefit of the doubt to the top teams during the season to keep the playoff hopes alive. There were numerous examples this year. There is so much money at stake that the officials for each conference can't help but be influenced. Gambling has also entered the sports scene big time over the last few years. Hundreds of millions are bet on every aspect of the game. That is a scandal just waiting to happen. Players, refs, and coaches will undoubtedly get caught up in it. I don't think this game was rigged but the officiating was definitely suspect.

Officiating across all of college and professional sports is for the most part a hot mess, they blow calls game after game, week after week, happens all the time.

The Lions recently got screwed on a blown call, the Saints got absolutely screwed in the NFCCG vs the Rams, the Scottish game was by and large a dumpster fire, on and on it goes.

It sucks, but it happens all the time, it's one of the aspects of sports I hate the most.

I would need to go back and look at the photos but I agree with George that you can call holding or PI on almost every play. The refereeing in football is bad, whether on the college or pro level. Although I don’t think the game was fixed I do agree about the influence of money, gambling, etc. It’s a scandal waiting to happen.

In the Celtics/Pacers game the other night, with about 6 seconds left in a tie game, Brown went up for a shot, got cracked off the back of the head FIRST, then the defender made contact with the ball, a foul was called.

The Pacers challenged the foul, they had one time out left.

The challenge reversed the call, which was complete BS, the Pacers used their last time out to advance the ball to half court, inbounded the ball, the shooter attempted a shot, incidental contact with the Celtics defender, shot was blocked.

Foul called with .4 seconds left on the Celtics, he made two of the three free throws, Celtics inbounded with .4 seconds left and did not get the tying bucket, game over.

In the span of 6 seconds, the Celtics got screwed not once, but twice.

Another example of the **** officiating across sports.

Saban is stepping down from Alabama, retiring.

Wow.

A real shocker.

I wonder who replaces him, big shoes to fill.

What a run he had.

Wow.

A real shocker.

What a run he had.

He is the greatest college coach of all time. No asterisk by his name. He did it the right way by building a powerhouse program. Bama won games because they had the best players and coaches. They practiced hard and played hard. Any player that couldn't do it the right way saw the door. He didn't cut any slack or cheat his way to the top. Lame Kiffin has been mentioned as a replacement. Please let it be so. That will be the end of Bama's dominance.

Wow.

A real shocker.

What a run he had.

What I found incredible is his record against former assistant coaches - 28-3. That is something else. Really like him as a person and coach. I don't blame him for going out, surprised that he doesn't try to add one more. He certainly seems to have a young enough team to do just that.
TD

:salute:: to Nick Saban for going out on top instead of hanging on into obscurity like many others. Wonder if he will now be one of the talking heads on game day tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back