New Wittman K&C Tiger turret to base fit problem (1 Viewer)

What about grinding some material off the bottom of the overhanging turret box? Well that's what I would do if it was a problem the dealer couldn't easily resolve, surely most guys have a power tool to attach a masonry grinding disc.

In true ANZAC spirit with a bit of DIY she'll be right mate, job done!:salute::

What about grinding some material off the bottom of the overhanging turret box? Well that's what I would do if it was a problem the dealer couldn't easily resolve, surely most guys have a power tool to attach a masonry grinding disc.

Exactly what I was saying....less likely to be seen if you can't get matching paint readily.

The discussion about repairing the tank misses the point. Why should he have to do that at all. Since it’s now sold out, the dealer should do the next best thing and give him a credit on his next purchase. Less than perfect merchandise should never be acceptable.

I agree with Jazzeum.

You must be silly to buy a new and premium product and then have to fix it yourself, thus voiding the warranty that comes with it.

Sorry, but IMHO st---p--d suggestions even if you think you are really good at DIY. Gosh..., taking a power tool to grind it. Are you going to clamp it to a vice? If you want to build plastic model kits, then get a plastic model kit...

The discussion about repairing the tank misses the point. Why should he have to do that at all. Since it’s now sold out, the dealer should do the next best thing and give him a credit on his next purchase. Less than perfect merchandise should never be acceptable.

I agree with Jazzeum.

You must be silly to buy a new and premium product and then have to fix it yourself, thus voiding the warranty that comes with it.

Sorry, but IMHO st---p--d suggestions even if you think you are really good at DIY. Gosh..., taking a power tool to grind it. Are you going to clamp it to a vice? If you want to build plastic model kits, then get a plastic model kit...

Obviously!.....you can return the item for a Refund or a Credit towards a future replacement. I guess you could ask the dealer to repair the item, however that is up to the dealer because they are not Legally obliged to do that, at least in Australia. It doesn't happen very often with King and Country but some of their sets had issues such as the Flak 41 88mm Gun (BBG035). I think the majority of the models in that set had at least some breakages, some were totalled.

I'm not sure at this stage if all of the tanks in the new Wittmann sets will have turret issues, but for me it would be far easier to just grind the bottom of the basket down if I wanted to keep the model. I have had to do this with a number of Polystone models in the past. If you don't have a bench grinder, yes you can either put your power drill or whatever in a vice, or the turret, obviously with some padding, and don't crank the vise too tight. Well that's also obvious, but clearly some folks here can't see the obvious.

Exactly what I was saying....less likely to be seen if you can't get matching paint readily.

Yeah, sometimes you have to some DIY work on your models. For those that don't have a Dremel or similar rotary tool, you can always try an angle grinder :wink2:

Obviously!.....

I'm not sure at this stage if all of the tanks in the new Wittmann sets will have turret issues, but for me it would be far easier to just grind the bottom of the basket down if I wanted to keep the model. I have had to do this with a number of Polystone models in the past. If you don't image.jpeghave a bench grinder, yes you can either put your power drill or whatever in a vice, or the turret, obviously with some padding, and don't crank the vise too tight. Well that's also obvious, but clearly some folks here can't see the obvious.

I think I would go for option one and send it back for a replacement as your have no problem with K&C customers service, as option two are you mad ^&confuse who in there right mind would spend £300.00 on there item and then attack it with a power drill {eek3} that like putting it up against a Sherman Firefly and a fleet of Hawker Typhoons and will all know what happened there ^&grin

I think I would go for option one and send it back for a replacement as your have no problem with K&C customers service, as option two are you mad ^&confuse who in there right mind would spend £300.00 on there item and then attack it with a power drill {eek3} that like putting it up against a Sherman Firefly and a fleet of Hawker Typhoons and will all know what happened there ^&grin

Some of us have the capability to fix these issues, and some don't, and will need to obtain a refund if a correct replacement isn't available. You're obviously in the later category Neil. FYI, Typhoons had nothing to do with that damage to Wittman's last tiger, it was caused by a Canadian Firefly and subsequent fuel/ammunition explosion.

Some of us have the capability to fix these issues, and some don't, and will need to obtain a refund if a correct replacement isn't available. You're obviously in the later category Neil. FYI, Typhoons had nothing to do with that damage to Wittman's last tiger, it was caused by a Canadian Firefly and subsequent fuel/ammunition explosion.

Matt I’m more than capable with my hands but why should you when you paid out good money for a item that has a problem does not make sense ^&confuse

Gents, I say the same thing to myself every time I see a guy on the boards repainting vehicles and figures--"upwards of $200 for that retired piece and he did what?" . Some people have talent (see the thread about the M3 Halftrack)...others not so much, but as this is SOCIAL MEDIA, I thought I'd lend some constructive advice, as have others. For crying out loud, if your dad never taught you how to use the power tools, use an emery board or some sandpaper.

If the answer is to shake your fists at the sky and curse K&C for putting out one model that shouldn't have passed QC, have at it. This thread can turn into an Anti-Social Media thread. I agree, nobody should "have to"...products should arrive having passed a quality check, but as nobody else seems to be complaining about a chronic issue of turrets not fitting well, this one-off is probably within the margin of error of a manufacturer.

By-the-by, its been a while since we heard from the guy that illuminated this issue... it'd be interesting to know where he got the piece from and if the dealer has had any help to offer.

I asked the question a few days ago. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just one
collector having this issue ?

Wayne

I asked the question a few days ago. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just one

Wayne
I received mine pretty early and its fine as far as that goes , antennas do block it from fully turning and hatch opening is off center, but I plan to have it open so wasn't worried about it.
Happy New year
Chuck

Wayne
Different Wittman Tiger, more of the same problem!!!
I'm the collector who originally posted this issue. As I stated earlier I had another coming via mail which I have now received. Will post photos later after holiday. On this one I just received the right exhaust pipe is built up to the point that it is hitting/resting on the turret box. While the left one is (hull facing forward) is slightly lower than the right allowing for clearance of the turret box over this exhaust pipe. Unfortunately this uneven height between the two makes the turret more unstable when facing forward!!! So now I have two that in my mind are defective. As I said will post pics on Tuesday night. Just an aside I have three other K&C Tigers that I have collected that I am perfectly happy with.

Did you purchase the one you originally posted about from a dealer or via eBay?

Matt I’m more than capable with my hands but why should you when you paid out good money for a item that has a problem does not make sense ^&confuse

I think the point OZ is making here, is that with a little bit of 'titivation' you can sometimes resolve the issue rather than mucking about returning the model for replacement or to ask for your money back.

For some of us it isn't that simple to pop down to my local dealer or return it to where you purchased the item from. In my case here in NZ, there are no dealers and the model would need to be packed up and posted back across the ditch to Australia or worse still further afield to the US or where-ever. All of this at my expense and inconvenience.

Obviously if the damage etc is un-repairable, missing parts or beyond any type of DIY then sure send it back.

I think the point OZ is making here, is that with a little bit of 'titivation' you can sometimes resolve the issue rather than mucking about returning the model for replacement or to ask for your money back.

For some of us it isn't that simple to pop down to my local dealer or return it to where you purchased the item from. In my case here in NZ, there are no dealers and the model would need to be packed up and posted back across the ditch to Australia or worse still further afield to the US or where-ever. All of this at my expense and inconvenience.

I’m in the same boat as you with no local dealer and that why it helps when members highlight problems and post photos of there collections

Neil, as I have mentioned before, there is the option of refund/credit. I've also explained that someone would only carry out repairs themselves if they wanted to keep the model as dealers aren't obliged to pay for repairs. Desertkiwi has also mentioned issues with remote buyers etc. What pmo was some posters suggesting stupidity for doing self repairs. If collectors want to repair/modify/repaint their models for whatever reason, it's really their choice to do so, similar to some forum members getting bent out of shape over what people collect. As they say, collect what you like, and maybe we should add, do whatever you like to what you collect.

I’m in the same boat as you with no local dealer and that why it helps when members highlight problems and post photos of there collections

Its all good Neil mate that's why I'm interested too.

Wayne

I checked out my model after reading this today. There is contact as mentioned in the original post. But not enough to displaced the turret seating that I can detect. Seems okay to me. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back