Rearranging My ACW Dio Table (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
In anticipation of the upcoming Fall releases (I sure hope its early Fall) of WB ACW sets and figures, I have been doing some rearranging on my 4'x8' dio table which I use mostly for my ACW displays. I am very excited in acquiring set #31199 Hell For Glory, #31221 Come On Boys, #31222 Up & Over, #31223 A Grim Harvest, & #31224 Passing the Colors. These are all multi figure sets representing charging Confederates at Gettysburg. The last four sets mentioned are Confederate infantry climbing over turn pike fence sections similar to what had to be done on July 3, 1863 along Emmitsburg Road during Pickett's Charge. When I am finished with my new additions and rearranging my table, I will have a turnpipke fence line that will be 52" in length. Here are a few photos of my staging efforts so far.

Here are two photos of the snake rail fence that will butt into my turnpike fence. I have taken two sections of Hudson & Allen #HA-2075 "Snake Rail Fence" and have joined them together with careful use of an Exacto knife and a small toothed Exacto saw. The connection turned out better than I had hoped for and its very hard to tell where I joined the two sections together. This was an easy project to do and I found the H&A product to be very easy to work with.

These photos show the point at which the H&A snake rail fence butts into the WB Turnpike Fence sections.

This photo shows the area that the turnpike fence will traverse 52" in length across my table. It will run from the junction with the snake rail fence to the edge of my table which is shown in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Imagine this with a swarn of Johnnies going up and over it and defended by Union infantry and artillery.

Of course my inspiration for all this is the Emmittsburg Road action on July 3, 1863 at Gettysburg and great "sneak peeks" at up coming releases such as provided by Ken OSen and also the WB website.

WB #3199 "Hell For Glory" (WB Website)

WB Sets (L-R): #31221 Come On Boys, #31223 A Grim Harvest, #31224 Passing the Colors, & #31222 Up and Over (Ken Osen photo)

Hopefully by October I will have this completed . . . . Stay tuned, more to follow as these wonderful looking sets are released.

:smile2: Mike

Great dio {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}} And so much action!!

Can't wait to see what you do with your new figures in the Fall!

This looks great Mike. I wasn't planning to get the fences, but you sure showed them off well.

Mike,
I'm super excited to see how this is going to turn out! Having seen your past works I'm sure it's going to be awesome. I'm also still super envious of your great display table.
Best,
Josh

Mike, you have a great table for your figures. I always enjoy seeing your arrangements. I look forward to seeing your Gettysburg set-up.

Brian

Neither can I..............:)....looks great Mike, look forward to seeing this filled out with the Fall releases on your wish list.............

Nice seeing your return to playtime with your Blue and Grey an like George and I'm sure others along with myself are looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us as you add the new sets an figures to what you've started.......Joe:salute:::salute:::salute::

Mike, the layout looks great, can't wait to see the set up this fall with all of the new figures on it. I am also anxious for the new sets coming out. A great year for ACW figures.

Chris

Thank you everyone for your "Likes" and your comments.

This looks great Mike. I wasn't planning to get the fences, but you sure showed them off well.
The fences are nice. Each of the new WB sets of Confederates (31221, 31222, 31223, 31224) come with 12" of turnpike fences that will give the collector the ability to connect them together in one continuous length.

Mike,
I'm super excited to see how this is going to turn out! Having seen your past works I'm sure it's going to be awesome. I'm also still super envious of your great display table.
Best,
Josh
Thanks Josh . . . I commissioned Ken & Ericka Osen to make the dio bases that are on the table.

Mike, you have a great table for your figures. I always enjoy seeing your arrangements. I look forward to seeing your Gettysburg set-up.

Brian
Thanks Brian

Neither can I..............:)....looks great Mike, look forward to seeing this filled out with the Fall releases on your wish list.............
I hope it will be filled out sooner than later. Keep me posted on new arrivals.

Great dio {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}} And so much action!!
Thank you Poppo

I am anxious to see then too. I hope its more like September/October rather than November/December.

Nice seeing your return to playtime with your Blue and Grey an like George and I'm sure others along with myself are looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us as you add the new sets an figures to what you've started.......Joe:salute:::salute:::salute::
Joe you are absolutely right . . . . .I should "play" more often than what I have been lately. These new WB ACW releases have given me some new "vision" for my dio table that has renewed my motivation for the hobby.

Mike, the layout looks great, can't wait to see the set up this fall with all of the new figures on it. I am also anxious for the new sets coming out. A great year for ACW figures.

Chris
You are absolutley correct Chris, 2013 is turning out to be a great year for WB ACW.

Veeeeeery nice...just what I would expect from a stand up guy...^&grin
Thank you my Texian friend. LOL . . . I just hope the ACW figures will be able to "stand up" on the fences.

As usual Mike your dio looks amazing.

There is a bumper crop of ACWs to choose from, how you will do that I do not know, perhaps just buy them all :D :D :D

I look forward to their arrival and appearances in future dios.

As usual Mike your dio looks amazing.

There is a bumper crop of ACWs to choose from, how you will do that I do not know, perhaps just buy them all :D :D :D

I look forward to their arrival and appearances in future dios.

Thanks Scott. Yes, there is a lot of WB ACW to choose form this year. I'm concentrating my collection on a mid-war (late 1862-1863) appearance and is the "rule of thumb" I use anymore in my acquisitions. That is one of the reason I am excited about the fall releases I mentioned above.

Excellent pics Mike, what a nice collection you have and love the fence sections too, thanks for sharing!

Rob

Excellent pics Mike, what a nice collection you have and love the fence sections too, thanks for sharing!

Rob

You are very welcome Rob . . . . Glad you enjoyed the photos

Looks great Mike :salute:: and I am really looking forward to your new additions as you get them {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Mike, excellent post and intro into your plans for the coming releases. Really looking fwd to your planned dios. You never fail to impress with your collection. Chris

Mike

Spectacular and really looking forward in viewing your future depictions. I too have every set on pre-order and intend to knock up a couple of scenes of Garnett and his Brigade of Virginians. You're also correct... us ACW nerds are well served this year..... kinda like from famine to feast ^&grin

Bob

Looks great Mike :salute:: and I am really looking forward to your new additions as you get them {bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thank you Martyn for the "Salute"

Mike, excellent post and intro into your plans for the coming releases. Really looking fwd to your planned dios. You never fail to impress with your collection. Chris

Thanks Chris . . . . I am anxious to see this all come together

Mike

Spectacular and really looking forward in viewing your future depictions. I too have every set on pre-order and intend to knock up a couple of scenes of Garnett and his Brigade of Virginians. You're also correct... us ACW nerds are well served this year..... kinda like from famine to feast ^&grin

Bob

Thank you Bob, you are too kind. Looking forward to the LE set with Garnet and his Virginians, equipped in light order gear (no knapsacks and extra items not needed in an assualt) just like they would have been. I am really glad to see WB rolling out figures that are lightly equipped in combat poses and not over adorned with "marching order" gear. It sure will be a "fat" year for us.

Sorry I am a day late and a dollar short, just got back from vacation. I must say what a great dio You have put togeather. It is just fantastic. Can not wait to see the finished one if there is such a statement like the for a great dio. It is always growing with all the new figures coming out. Keep up the great work and keep the photos coming. "Mr Colt 45":salute:::smile2::salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back