Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (2 Viewers)

Some Civil War Generals by Aeroart

"Hancock the Superb" - Winfield Scott Hancock

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

"Little Phil" - Philip Sheridan

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Mattis

Finally for today also by Aeroart.

"Stonewall Jackson" - Thomas J. Jackson

What I particularly like about this figure, is that "Little Sorrel" is not oversized.
Actually she was so small, that someone thought Jackson looked silly riding her😀😀

Mattis

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

Nice overall but the horse's pose on Jackson doesn't look natural to me.

Nice overall but the horse's pose on Jackson doesn't look natural to me.

No, I agree.

Little Sorrel was a calm and steady horse, even under Artillery fire. Only time she reacted like this, was the evening Jackson was shot.

I like the Sheridan one. That is great. Glad you were able to start posting photos of your collection.

Brad

Hello All,
this is opportune. I collect and enjoy these fine Russian painted figures. I have a moderate sized collection.
One figure that has eluded me is the Aero Art A0126, the mounted figure of General James Longstreet. If anyone should see one for sale at any time, I would appreciate a heads up.

In the meantime, I'm a new member to this forum, and and very happy to see collectors of these fine works of art and history.
My latest acquisitions have been the older mounted Union Cavalry guidon bearer, and the current Aero Art Roman Imperial Pretorian Guardsman with scorpion shield.

I look forward to being part of your discussions.

Welcome to the forum
If you're up for it, we'd love to see some pictures of your figures.

We Russian collectors here are the few, the proud, and the insane!!!!

Thank you very much!
Some say, insanity is a closely related trait to genius... I'm honored.

Attachments

• Richard the III.jpeg
    Richard the III.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 177
Wow - started posting with a bang!
That is a spectacular figure!

Thank you very much!
Some say, insanity is a closely related trait to genius... I'm honored.

Welcome to the forum!
That's a special version of a fantastic figure! Very few were painted in this livery.
Thank you for posting and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Joe

Thought I would share some recent purchases I made from SPSouvenir from St. Pete, Russia.

These are 90mm Samurai I had done from Aleksey Buriak:

e9vtd1.jpg

Those look great
When you order from them, did you specifically request the artist? I've been tempted many times, but have never seen SPS stuff in person

Those look great
When you order from them, did you specifically request the artist? I've been tempted many times, but have never seen SPS stuff in person

I didn't specify which artist. I just contact Aleksey and ask form the painting to be to the top standard they paint and they're excellent! I'll post some closeup of these figures.

Thanks for sharing! Those look very nice! I especially like the archer

I've got this one in the works from Kolobob. should be finished this week.

^080465CB88766E41D9DF5FF3E080CE0CFAE0CE367295EEF889^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

That's a beautiful, level 10/10 all the way. This is a Nevskaya piece. I know the painter. Thank you for sharing the photo. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Joe

Thank you Joe. Yes it is a beautiful piece! I cant wait to have it in my collection. I believe you posted a picture of a ninja you had that was amazing as well. If you can, could you repost it here?

Thank you Joe. Yes it is a beautiful piece! I cant wait to have it in my collection. I believe you posted a picture of a ninja you had that was amazing as well. If you can, could you repost it here?

Sure, I'd be happy to! I'm lucky enough to have a few Samurai; can you describe the one you'd like posted?

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back