Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (2 Viewers)

Sure, I'd be happy to! I'm lucky enough to have a few Samurai; can you describe the one you'd like posted?

Joe

I believe it had a lion or tiger on it's chest. But please feel free to post your ninjas and samurai! Can't get enough of seeing samurai figures! I will be starting a thread of my samurai collection soon on here.

Here's a new one, RM-11 from Nevskaya Miniatura. I love this one!

Joe

Beautiful! I don't know the proper name for it, but the pattern on the horse cloth is amazing! For me these subtle patterns and textures are what makes the Russian figures stand out. It also is the thing I would most dread painting

The detail in the patterns is remarkable. These people must have no eyes left at the end of the day.

That's a brilliant piece Mattis! Thanks for sharing. I've always loved this sculpt. I remember seeing this particular one being sold by the dealer kolobob. They're always painted different by Nevskaya.

Joe

That's a brilliant piece Mattis! Thanks for sharing. I've always loved this sculpt. I remember seeing this particular one being sold by the dealer kolobob. They're always painted different by Nevskaya.

Joe

Remarkable, you are absolutely right Joe. I bought this from Kolobob!

Mattis

Just received this Aeroart Aztec warrior.

35a4scz.jpg

Those look great
When you order from them, did you specifically request the artist? I've been tempted many times, but have never seen SPS stuff in person

Here are some closeups of Aztec Warriors and a Native American I had done by SPBSouvenir.

ebbplh.jpg
n6cbv4.jpg

34zbo0h.jpg
2u4o6ea.jpg

1y7gw2.jpg
2eyuutj.jpg

Those are some wonderful figures. I had no idea they had done Aztecs.

I think they only did three. Joe might know better. Here are my three:

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ1%20%20Aeroart_-L.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ2%20%20Aeroart%20img1-L.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ3%20%20Aeroart%20img1-L.jpg

Aeroart only did 3. I had asked Thor a couple of years ago at the Chicago. It would be nice if more were made.

I think they only did three. Joe might know better. Here are my three:

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ1%20%20Aeroart_-L.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ2%20%20Aeroart%20img1-L.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ3%20%20Aeroart%20img1-L.jpg

Hi Zach,
Your Aztecs are beautiful figures! I don't recall Aeroart ever extensively getting into Aztecs aside from the very early Arsenyev pieces that you have. Amber did make some pretty nice ones though.

Joe

I have been looking for this Zouave flag bearer for awhile (at a decent price, I might add) and finally found it on Saturday.

IMG_3256.JPG

IMG_3257.JPG

Hello Friends!

I need some help here.

Received this figure today. As you can see of pictures it is supposed to be an Arsenyev figure, and I think the sculpture is pretty nice, and extremely rare.
However, the frame is made of wood, and there are some other concerns I have about the material used.
The markings on the button are not a label, but engraved.
Anyone seen something like this?

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Mattis

Hello Friends!

I need some help here.

Received this figure today. As you can see of pictures it is supposed to be an Arsenyev figure, and I think the sculpture is pretty nice, and extremely rare.
However, the frame is made of wood, and there are some other concerns I have about the material used.
The markings on the button are not a label, but engraved.
Anyone seen something like this?

View attachment 212161

View attachment 212162

View attachment 212163

View attachment 212164

View attachment 212165

Mattis

Mattis
that is very nice and looks very nice to me. Maybe Joe can weigh in, but it looks like a nice early piece.

Tom

So you're the one who was bidding against me!!! Hahah!
Nice buy!
I'd never seen it before either and just thought it was interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back