Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (2 Viewers)

Great score Zach!! I hope Aeroart gets more of these! It seemed like their elephants were unavailable for many years. You must be stoked to have got one! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Joe

Joe, they had one woman who they liked to paint the elephants. She was trying to get pregnant for a long time and refused to be around paints and thinners. From what Nikki told me, she also had a lot of castings and wasn't giving them back. I don't know if she started again or if they found someone new, but either way..... we got elephants!!!! Haha

Can see why you are thrilled to have this Elephant Zach. Does not get any better than this, the detailing is amazing, a true work of art, something to be treasured. All good things come if you are prepared to wait. Robin.

Joe, they had one woman who they liked to paint the elephants. She was trying to get pregnant for a long time and refused to be around paints and thinners. From what Nikki told me, she also had a lot of castings and wasn't giving them back. I don't know if she started again or if they found someone new, but either way..... we got elephants!!!! Haha

Hi Zach,

That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it. It really shows how it truly is a cottage industry. Elephants withheld for job security! Great stuff!

Joe

Thanks to Zach, I have now secured a Aeroart Mongol Yurt which was the piece missing from my Aero Mongols! I never thought would get one, but Zach is the man with the plan, thanks! Of course, I now have to pass on this elephant, but it is magnificent in all regards, its a good un!

TD

Glad it all worked out!!! I told you if I sweet talked him long enough you'd get one! 😀

This is Joan of Arc. It was made by Nevskaya Miniatura and distributed by Aeroart. I am so happy with this piece!

Joan%20of%20Arc-Nevskaya%20Miniatura-AeroArt%20Distributed-6120%20img1-L.jpg

Joan%20of%20Arc-Nevskaya%20Miniatura-AeroArt%20Distributed-6120%20img2-L.jpg

Joan%20of%20Arc-Nevskaya%20Miniatura-AeroArt%20Distributed-6120%20img4-L.jpg

Joan%20of%20Arc-Nevskaya%20Miniatura-AeroArt%20Distributed-6120%20img3-L.jpg

Joan%20of%20Arc-Nevskaya%20Miniatura-AeroArt%20Distributed-6120%20img5-L.jpg

( not a Russian manufacturer, but painted by Russian - close enough for me!)

This next one might be a little polarizing. I first saw these while browsing through Mikhail Kochetkov's collection. The castings are from a German Company called Peipp Miniaturen and I had them painted by Silver Dream Studio in Russia. They are admittedly quite odd and more characters than "Real life", but i really like them. I am having Nevskaya Miniatura paint a few more for me. I'll post those once I get them.
This is Market Kart:

Market%20Cart-Peipp%20Miniaturen-%20Painted%20by%20Silver%20Dream%20Studio-541001%20img1-L.jpg

Market%20Cart-Peipp%20Miniaturen-%20Painted%20by%20Silver%20Dream%20Studio-541001%20img2-L.jpg

Market%20Cart-Peipp%20Miniaturen-%20Painted%20by%20Silver%20Dream%20Studio-541001%20img3-L.jpg

Gebs, thanks. It actually is straight. It's an optical illusion.

Just added this brand new AeroArt figure to the collection. Picked him up in TX from Thor. Pictures don't do it justice - very detailed and well shaded figure. Quite heavy too!
Viking King Olaf Tryggvason w/Wolf AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6379

Viking%20King%20Olaf%20Tryggvason%20w-Wolf-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6379-L.jpg

Viking%20King%20Olaf%20Tryggvason%20w-Wolf-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6379%20img2-L.jpg

I saw this yesterday. I love the poses and facial expressions, especially the wolf.

I'm tempted to buy it but I already purchased three things from AeroArt.

Picked these up together. Always liked the gladiator and the cheetah is really cool!

CEFC33D6-E586-403C-BB83-09525CA33188.jpegCEFC33D6-E586-403C-BB83-09525CA33188.jpeg

They don't seem to be all that popular, but I love the Aeroart animals! Nice purchase!

Here are some new arrivals

The first is a 16th Century Chinese Warrior. It is a Nevskya Miniatura figure that has been painted by Olga Kropotova. For those who don't know, she is the daughter of Tatiana Gapchenko, who is the owner of Nevskya. She is one of the most talented young Russian artists I've come across. I was finally able to meet her this summer and she is a wonderful person. If you haven't seen any of her work, check out her latest elephant! WOW!

16th%20century%20Chinese%20Warrior-Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20img1-XL.jpg

16th%20century%20Chinese%20Warrior%20-%20Nevskaya%20Miniatura%20img2-XL.jpg

The next three are all new figures from AeroArt/The Saint Petersburg Collection. They are
King Henry III w/Sword and Shield 6411
Kuroda Yoshitaka w/Bow 6410
Norman Warlord Robert Guiscard 6406

King%20Henry%20III%20w-Sword%20and%20Shield-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6411-L.jpg

Kuroda%20Yoshitaka%20w-Bow-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6410-L.jpg

Norman%20Warlord%20Robert%20Guiscard-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6406-L.jpg

Very nice figures! Congratulations! The garment of the pirate is great as it is the fighting duo (man and beast). The guy is a Venator, as the men who fought with the animals were could (plural: venatores). All the best!
Thanasis
Greece

I mean as the men who fought with animals were 'called'. I hate the automatic spelling of the android!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back