Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (2 Viewers)

While Peipp Miniaturen are made in Germany, I had this set painted in Russia...

Peipp makes excellent figures! His work reminds me of Phoenix Model Developments, and Tim Richards' sculpts for them, for example. Peipp's figures aren't just straight depictions of people, but almost caricatures. You can see the character of any given figure, for example, from the facial expressions Peipp sculpts. Just a little bit of exaggeration of a raised eyebrow, or a smile, and it's almost theatrical.

Peipp also has several themed catalogs, with many figures as part of the theme. For example, he has a series of figures depicting a hunting party in the 18th century. It has the huntsmen, the catch, servants, and noble lords and ladies having a picnic, complete with a tablecloth spread on the ground and various dishes. He has another series, again, set in the 18th century, depicting a lover and his friends eloping with his beloved, at a fountain in the city. The lady's guardian is in pursuit, along with the town watchmen. And Peipp has themed groups from the Thirty Years War, and from Saxon and Prussian history.

And for having them painted by the Russians, I believe that the museum whose website the other Brad shared with us has had a number of Peipp figures painted locally, and included them in the collection. I can recommend them highly, in any case, to painters and collectors alike.

Prost!
Brad

Brad, I saw these figures on that website a few years ago. He has quite a few. That was my inspiration.
I have a few more being painted too

I aspire to collect and paint the hunting party scene, the elopement, and the state visit of Frederick William to the court of August the Strong. But that's an extremely long-term aspiration.

Peipp also made a series depicting a Wachtstube, a guardroom scene, from Frederick the Great's time. I saw it in Berliner Zinnfiguren's catalog. That's another one that would make a nice display, all painted, but I may never get to it.

Prost!
Brad

Winston Churchill by Cartoon Miniatures, painted by Attica Miniatures.

Awesome! You happy with the way it came out? I think it looks great

It’s great. I love it and it’s very cool and Ivan was great to work with. Thanks again.

Greek Warrior with Arrow in Neck, by Grudsky Studios for AeroArt. Only 43 made. Thanks to Zach for providing me the above information.

Some new arrivals...

The first is
Monk Peter the Hermit with Wooden Cross from AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection #3963.2
Monk%20Peter%20the%20Hermit%20with%20Wooden%20Cross-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-3963.2%20img1-XL.jpg

Monk%20Peter%20the%20Hermit%20with%20Wooden%20Cross-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-3963.2%20img2-XL.jpg

and next we have
King Robert the Bruce from AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection #6396.S
This is a special painting of 6396 which is the William Wallace figure
King%20Robert%20the%20Bruce-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6396.S%20img1-XL.jpg

King%20Robert%20the%20Bruce-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6396.S%20img2-XL.jpg

King%20Robert%20the%20Bruce-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6396.S%20img3-XL.jpg

Such beautiful painting on this piece; I just love that rob. Congrats Brad!
Thanks for the photos

Joe

Borgia is a figure I bought too, it is a beauty, I also happened to be watching the TV show at the time!
Tom

He was quite corrupt and his actions led to the Reformation.

I purchased him because I collect Spanish History related figures.

I do hope the trade -political problems do not affect the figures I hope to see in texas next month,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back