Recent purchases from Russian Manufacturers (2 Viewers)

Here are a couple new acquisitions...Chinese warrior by Nevskaya Miniatura and Russian archer by Aeroart. Lots of color in these.

Joe

Here's one I just received...Siamese war elephant by Nevskaya Miniatura. It was painted by Olga Kropotova. There were multiple sculptors including Tatiana Gapchenko. I don't recall ever seeing an elephant from the Burmese-Siamese wars represented in 54mm.

Joe

That must have eaten up the budget up for awhile, to state the obvious.

That has to be the best Elephant going Joe. Unfortunately out of my league. Robin.

Hi Robin, Thanks! I'm glad that you like it! Often when I make a big purchase I curtail buying for awhile + sell things on ebay and/or to friends. With toy soldier prices being what they are these days it's kinda surprising how much money can be saved if you just stop buying for a spell. Plus I rarely buy level 10 quality Russian pieces aside from a figure on foot here and there- they are just too much for me. This is a level 9 piece.

It is a nice one joe. I have been thinking hard on this one!
Tom

Thanks Tom! Olga would love to paint one for you! It's perfect for your collection!

Package deal? Just kidding. I have to let the coffers grow again

Hi Zach, I hope you get one too. This is my second elephant in all these years of collecting. Some collections I have seen blow me away with the amount of gorgeous elephants some people have.

That must have eaten up the budget up for awhile, to state the obvious.

Hi Brad, To get this one and some other things I sold my large Roman/Celt diorama. It worked out well as I made the aforementioned dio with the intent to sell.
So it was a bit like trading one piece of art for another.

Zman need your lawyerly negotiation skills for this one.
Td
I've learned over the years to never say never. :smile2:

Joe,

I’m sure it was worth it. I’d have to think it’s one of the centerpieces of your collection.

Brad

It looks like the full package to me, so level 10. Did not know about levels before, but I must collect in level 1 on this basis. A real work of art, you are very lucky to own it Joe. Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back