Rugby world cup 2007 (1 Viewer)

I suppose that is true, but whether you are looking out the basement window or looking out the basement door, the truth of the matter is you are still in the basement.

Best game of the World Cup so far has been Japan V Canada.
Did anyone else see that match?
Highlight was the last kick of the match where the Japanese dude had to kick a penalty to draw the game with 15 canadians charging at him!

I cheered myself when it went over and the crowd went crazy. :D

My son-in-law will be leaving for France tomorrow to play with the American Bald Eagles team. Even though these 'wheezers and geezers' play demo games, they can be pretty rough. Please go easy on them . . . no heart attacks, torn ACL, and broken boken bones needed!

Al

Best game of the World Cup so far has been Japan V Canada.
Did anyone else see that match?
Highlight was the last kick of the match where the Japanese dude had to kick a penalty to draw the game with 15 canadians charging at him!

I cheered myself when it went over and the crowd went crazy. :D

I saw the highlights of that ,the kicker sure took his time [johny wilkinson style aswell :)] great result for them.
The Romania /portugal game was a good one aswell ,Portugal gave it heaps.

My son-in-law will be leaving for France tomorrow to play with the American Bald Eagles team. Even though these 'wheezers and geezers' play demo games, they can be pretty rough. Please go easy on them . . . no heart attacks, torn ACL, and broken boken bones needed!

Al

I like the teams name ,the aftermatch could prove
to be more hazardous than the game :) going bye a tournament
that was held in this neck of the woods recently.

Engerland! Engerland!

Watch out you Ozzies! We have swept aside mighty Tonga with it's population the same as Chesterfield :) and now we are coming for you.

Uhm go easy on us. We mean well. :(

Well, personally, I don't actually care WHO won the last rugby world cup 4 years ago. Cos that very same year WE won the Pop Idol contest with the gorgeous Michelle McManus, from Glagow.....:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Actually, I watched E vs T last night in a hotel in Dubai, and really enjoyed it. Was a fantistic game.

Cheers Guys
H

Ah yes Michelle McManus! And now we've managed to join the Elefant thread with this one! :D:D

Grrrr.....an unwarrented slur on Scottish womanhood. Pity its true though.....:D:D

She would've been infinitely better than any of the Irish front row. Hm, come to think of it why bother using her as a prop: she'd probably be faster than most of the Irish backs. (We'll probably never know: they just knock on every ball they get so they rarely break into anything beyond walking pace).

I'm glad to see Argentina do well: even if England and France are steadfastly opposed to letting them into the 6 Nations I think a sustained success in the World Cup will force a re-think eventually.

Originally I was opposed to a 20 team tournament, as I thought it'd mean too many one-sided games at group stage but now I feel that it is actually a good opportunity for the so-called 2nd tier and 3rd tier teams to make an impression.

Sorry if your reading this Oz but.....GET IN THERE ENGLAND!!!!!!

Nice one lads:)

Rob

Wow
What a series of upsets.
England and France well done.
Well played NZ and Australia
I cannot wait for our quarter final tomorrow.
Good luck
Regards
Damian Clarke

Hi Damian,

I think your team must be faveourite to win now,good luck in your match.

Rob

I'd say France are favourites now with a Paris crowd behind them.
England played really well though against the Aussies. Our scrum pretty much destroyed them.
Once again the All Blacks lost their bottle when the going got tough. On their day NZ are without doubt the best team in the world unfortunately they never choose the days that really count.

Sorry if your reading this Oz but.....GET IN THERE ENGLAND!!!!!!

Nice one lads:)

Rob

Hi Rob, I'm not a Rugby fan, the game is just to scrappy for my sense of order, and I only happened to see the last few minutes of the game by accident. England certainly deserved their win as the Aussies seemed to disorganized.

The All Black loss will be a blow to the Kiwis because Rugby is a popular game in New Zealand and they take their Rugger seriously. Yet in Australia Rugby is well down the "footy" list after Rugby League, Australian Rules, and even that nancy boy game called Soccer - just kidding ;)

I don't think even the experts could pick the winner from here on, but I feel Argentina may be a dark horse.

Oz,James i think you both have a point.France will have a big home advantage and Argentina could surprise.I would not have bet on Australia and New Zealand going home on the same day!.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back