Stalingrad 1942-43 (1 Viewer)

Your style has become more and more "clean", near abstract. I wonder how Randy would describe it. It fits toy soldiers very well. In particular, First Legion figures in my opinion as they are weathered conservatively.

I said it before. But your Diorama's were one of the main reasons I got into FL. In fact. Although I am focusing on the Stalingrad Germans right now. When I see your latest creation. It makes me want to get a t-34! :) Brad

Thanks again everyone. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Andanna,

I understand what you are saying. I continue to experiment with my photography, lighting, colors etc. in an effort to avoid doing the same scene over an over. This has led to lower output due to the higher expectations I set. There is a lot of work that I don't share simply because it isn't interesting enough to me. I'm not intentionally trying to move into the surreal realm so this is good feedback for me to be cognizant of the balance between realism and art.

Frank

North Stalingrad, September 10, 1942

An Sd.Kfz.222 of Kradschützen-Bataillon 16 pauses during a lull in the fighting.

Situation map

Organization chart for Kradschützen-Bataillon 16

The armored car company (highlighted) included the following armored vehicles
1 heavy armored car platoon with 3 x Sd.Kfz.231 and 3 x Sd.Kfz.232
3 light armored car platoons with 4 x Sd.Kfz.222 and 2 x Sd.Kfz.223

This is a total of 24 vehicles.
The heavy weapon symbols for this unit indicate 24 MGs and 18 20mm AT gun (the Sd.Kfz.223 did not carry the 20mm gun)

Frank,

Some of your photos look like paintings. Well done.

Brad

Another outstanding series of photos to your artistic credit Frank . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Outstanding pics! I also like the FL building in the background. Everything seems so seamless.

Brad

I dropped my camera at the MFCA at Valley Forge two weeks ago. Time to test the new camera body. And share the results.

Looks like the Russians are about to claim another victim. Fantastic set up, thank you for sharing!
Josh

Thank you for all the king comments. Before everything goes back into the display case, one more: "Break is over for you two."

Love it! The "pointing german" is probably my favorite Stalingrad German. PZ 3 too of course :) Brad

I took on to enlarging my experiment and added to my heavy FL Divisional artillery piece two other guns by Hinchliffe and a myrid of garisson complements from JJ, K&C and FL and they all worked out very nicely....I am happy with the results. Here are pics I wish to share of the outcome....

Attachments

• image002 (122).jpg
    image002 (122).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 260
  • image002 (116).jpg
    image002 (116).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 259
  • image002 (115).jpg
    image002 (115).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 255
  • image002 (108).jpg
    image002 (108).jpg