The revenant. (2 Viewers)

John from Texas,
Tell your fellow Texans to migrate down here so they can open up a few restaurants! ^&grin

Have not been to Texas Qld, we might do a road trip up that way in a few years so will stop through that town {even if its out of the way}
Here's another one for you.......they breed texas long horns down here!

cheers Brother,

Oh Good! Then when we whip up some Brisket, Ribs, skirt steaks for Fajitas. With a Population of 600 or so, it looks like they might need a Mayor who is Texan and half way edjumicated. Man, we can build an Alamo, have Rodeo's, rename all the Streets, open a Drafthouse (I'll take pics tonight!!) Fiesta Parades, and build a Riverwalk. I'm liking it! I'll bring my ma and she can be the local tortilla making lady. Ah, the smell of fresh tortillas in the streets in awesome.

So, do you guys fancy guacamole or what? If they can grow tobacco in Texas Qld, then I am sure we can smuggle a Avacado Tree in and produce our own "Texas" Avocados. What do you think. I almost in.

John from Texas

Oh Good! Then when we whip up some Brisket, Ribs, skirt steaks for Fajitas. With a Population of 600 or so, it looks like they might need a Mayor who is Texan and half way edjumicated. Man, we can build an Alamo, have Rodeo's, rename all the Streets, open a Drafthouse (I'll take pics tonight!!) Fiesta Parades, and build a Riverwalk. I'm liking it! I'll bring my ma and she can be the local tortilla making lady. Ah, the smell of fresh tortillas in the streets in awesome.

So, do you guys fancy guacamole or what? If they can grow tobacco in Texas Qld, then I am sure we can smuggle a Avacado Tree in and produce our own "Texas" Avocados. What do you think. I almost in.

John from Texas

Im pretty sure we have the Avacado's covered!.......as for everthing else sound good!
Yes we could build a Alamo im all for that :salute::

In my opinion it is a nice film, but no more. The nature is the best thing, but the story is very simple and the end predictable.

The Bear scene certainly got my attention {eek3}....The Movie was ok,
Just not a movie I would want to sit through again!.......Tom Hardy did well.

Gents,

Allright...as promised...went to see The Revenant last night at The Alamo Drafthouse:

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

You can eat, drink and be merry. The seats are leather and recline. You have room to kick the legs out and a bar like table in front of you for food. They are super strict about phones and chatter and will kick you out if you break the rules. Great place and I love it.

Now onto the movie. 2 and half hours of cold, vicarious pain. It pained me to watch it. I got the chills watching it. My feet, hands and butt were cold in the theater. I thought I was going to get shot with an arrow or hacked with a tomahawk. The movie invoke all the sensations of ice cold river water, snow, cold hands, pain in snow, shivering, thirst in cold, the smell of smoke, cold mud, dried blood in cold weather...in other all sensations I have experienced before. Less of course the hacking, bear attack, knife wounds, arrows through the throat and broken bones. So, for me it was movie of sensations and set in a spectacular backdrop of scenery.

Dicaprio's performance, rather ALL the actors performances were absolutely incredible. To bring to life a period piece of that magnitude is feat that only Alejandro could have done. I am surprised that nobody on the crew or set died. Apparently, there were strikes and walk offs during filming though and frankly I don't blame them. That must have been a brutal film to make not just for the actors, but for everyone. It is truly the antithesis of Coppollas Apocalypse Now via conditions.

As far as Tom Hardy is concerned. I have been a fan of Tom Hardy ever since I saw Bronson on NETFLIX some years back. I had never heard of the guy, but his performance in that role was amazing. It was very similar to Eric Bana's break out performance in Chopper. So, yes Tom Hardy is an amazing actor who can just grab you by the cajones in his performances and creep you out.

Great flick and I hope Leo wins it...Hardy too.

John from Texas

Saw it at the local Vue last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, a third of the way through the movie felt familiar and then I twigged it was actually a remake of Man in the Wilderness (1971) with Richard Harris playing the Glass character and John Huston playing the Tom Hardy role. If this had been mentioned before I certainly missed it in all the critiques I had read prior to seeing the film

Saw it at the local Vue last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, a third of the way through the movie felt familiar and then I twigged it was actually a remake of Man in the Wilderness (1971) with Richard Harris playing the Glass character and John Huston playing the Tom Hardy role. If this had been mentioned before I certainly missed it in all the critiques I had read prior to seeing the film

Bob, thought the same when I saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was an intentional remake, even mentioned that to my son, but never read anything that referred to the earlier movie. Chris

That's funny they were showing excerpts of that film at the Drafthouse prior to the showing of The Revenant. I think I remember that movie somehow, but could not place it. I am going to look for it.

John from Texas

This movie is about 30 minutes tooo long.

We did enjoy watching him survive so many fatal attacks.
Also , his single shot pistol that shoots multiple times is entertaining.

I saw this yesterday and I have to say it's an extremely thought provoking and intense movie. The realism was incredible although the gory scenes were painful to watch. I can see why Leo was nominated for the Oscar as his performance was outstanding. The other actors performances were also outstanding and the scenery was brilliant although I felt I needed to rug up in the cinema as it was very brrrr cold to watch!

If you don't have a weak stomach then I definitely recommend this one.

Tom

Saw this on HBO tonight and thought it was really good. Beautiful photography but brutal and hard to watch. Hardy and Dicaprio were brilliant. -- Al

I just watched it on HBO last night. As Denver pointed out he must have had speed loaders for that flintlock pistol. Liked it didn't think it was the greatest movie of all time. My main problem was I could not understand anything that Fitzpatrick said and others were also hard to understand. It was easier when they spoke indian and there were sub titles. Anyone know where it was filmed?
Gary

It was filmed in Manitoba in Canada and Patagonia in Argentina.Very tough and rugged terrain.I heard many crew members quit or were let go.
Mark

I thought the middle part of the movie dragged too much .I didn't like the ending as it was totally different than what actually happened.He actually traveled over 3000 miles looking for these guys.He did forgive Bridger because he was young but he couldn't kill Fitzpatrick as he had enlisted in the Army and Glass would have been hung for killing a soldier.Fitzpatrick did apologize and gave him his rifle back.
Mark

I just watched it on HBO last night. As Denver pointed out he must have had speed loaders for that flintlock pistol. Liked it didn't think it was the greatest movie of all time. My main problem was I could not understand anything that Fitzpatrick said and others were also hard to understand. It was easier when they spoke indian and there were sub titles. Anyone know where it was filmed?
Gary
Gary, I had the same problem understanding Fitzpatrick/Hardy but I have found I have a hard time with Hardy in other films as well, such as the Mad Max film and Peaky Blinders. He is a fine actor but I just have trouble understanding him with his manner of delivering lines. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back