"The Zulu War" (1 Viewer)

Looks like you are having great fun setting up and photographing these dioramas Joe {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}....and more to come :cool:^&cool:cool:

Cheers mate

Martyn:)

Thanks Robin, Martyn, Scott and Chris it sure was fun staging the series as it comes to an end............Joe.

020-4.jpg

023-6.jpg

024-5.jpg

026-5.jpg

027-4.jpg

029-1.jpg

Thanks Robin, Martyn, Scott and Chris it sure was fun staging the series as it comes to an end............Joe.

Great pictures to end the series with Joe {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers mate

On the 22nd January 1879 Lord Chelmsford rode out of the camp at Isandlawana to seek out the Zulu army. He was accompanied by Lt. A. B. Milne, RN (HMS Active) who was his Naval ADC. Milne left behind his servant, Signalman 2nd class William Aynsley, who was in the camp when it was overrun. It has been reported that Aynsley was last seen with his back to a wagon laughing fighting off the Zulus with his cutlass, until one Zulu crept under the wagon and stabbed him with an assegai. Signalman Aynsley was the only member of the Royal Naval Brigade killed at the Battle of Isandlwana...........The Lt.

008-14_zps602c0fff.jpg

006-19_zps7f132639.jpg

006-19_zps7f132639.jpg

On the 22nd January 1879 Lord Chelmsford rode out of the camp at Isandlawana to seek out the Zulu army. He was accompanied by Lt. A. B. Milne, RN (HMS Active) who was his Naval ADC. Milne left behind his servant, Signalman 2nd class William Aynsley, who was in the camp when it was overrun. It has been reported that Aynsley was last seen with his back to a wagon laughing fighting off the Zulus with his cutlass, until one Zulu crept under the wagon and stabbed him with an assegai. Signalman Aynsley was the only member of the Royal Naval Brigade killed at the Battle of Isandlwana...........The Lt.

008-14_zps602c0fff.jpg

006-19_zps7f132639.jpg

006-19_zps7f132639.jpg

Great pictures Joe and thank you for the info about Signalman 2nd class William Aynsley {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers mate

A great story, an awesome one of a kind JJenkins figure and beautifully photographed ..... nicely done L-T!

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

B.

Your welcome Martyn an thanks Buster for your kind words. Here's another version of Singnalman Aynsley famous last stand.

2004-2_zps1db9a51c.jpg

Your welcome Martyn an thanks Buster for your kind words. Here's another version of Singnalman Aynsley famous last stand.

2004-2_zps1db9a51c.jpg

Could have come straight from the pages of "The Illustrated London News" or "The Graphic" Joe {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Great set of pictures Joe and I can add a little to Signalman Aynsley of HMS Active.

When I was stationed for awhile in Portsmouth I regularly walked through Victoria Park to get to the Naval Base. Erected there is a memorial to all the crew members of Active who were killed in the Kafir War and the Zulu War.

I distinctly remember Aynsley's name on one of the plaques as he was the only one out of a dozen or so who was killed at Isandlwana.

Bob

3083181598_3cabb5abb7_z1_zps8ca1e0d9.jpg

Great set of pictures Joe and I can add a little to Signalman Aynsley of HMS Active.

When I was stationed for awhile in Portsmouth I regularly walked through Victoria Park to get to the Naval Base. Erected there is a memorial to all the crew members of Active who were killed in the Kafir War and the Zulu War.

I distinctly remember Aynsley's name on one of the plaques as he was the only one out of a dozen or so who was killed at Isandlwana.

Bob

3083181598_3cabb5abb7_z1_zps8ca1e0d9.jpg

Thanks Bob for sharing the photo of the monument it's known that Aynsley was the only member of the Naval Brigade killed at Isandlwana. Funny I'm only a few miles from Portsmouth that"s New Hampshire and it's Naval Base. Hope all's been well with you and I've no doubt you'll not be missing the summer cruise. Take care.

Get the feeling guys with the up coming Britain's Zulu releases, this is going to inspire lots of members to produce diorama's and maintain the interest for ages yet. I know I am enthused again, cheers, Robin.

Like you Robin I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for us. Ran across a few black and white photos showing members of a Naval Brigade Patrol under attack with little little chance of survival........The Lt.

001-18_zps1d76114f.jpg

004-28_zpsccaef17e.jpg

Thanks Jeff, Martyn and Tommy as the struggle continues.

020-6_zpsfe8ae45a.jpg

013-23_zpsac4b8490.jpg

002-23_zpsce7923cf.jpg

010-16_zps58ce4bc9.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks Jeff, Martyn and Tommy as the struggle continues.

020-6_zpsfe8ae45a.jpg

013-23_zpsac4b8490.jpg

002-23_zpsce7923cf.jpg

010-16_zps58ce4bc9.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED

Great pictures Joe, glad to see it is to be continued {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back