"The Zulu War" (2 Viewers)

Lt., are those some of your home made mielee bags? The pics look as good as ever, great stuff, Mike:)

Yes Mike the mealie bags are home made. The conflict continues as Lieutenat Chard leads an assault to retrieve the war cart......The Lt.

Casualties021.jpg

Casualties013.jpg

All of the figures of the in the last two post with the exception of the Zulus noted by you are by Little Legion. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll make the Zulu's stand out and looking forward to seeing them and here's another photo of figures by LL....The Lt.

LittleLegion043.jpg

Back from the weekend with the gf. Will start finishing some of the Zulus after work tonight!:D

Hopefully your well rested and looking forward to the photos. The fighting continues at the Drift as Private Bush (not George) receives a wound in the nose caused by a by a bulletwhich pass through Private Cole Killing him. You'll note the figures are in the Gloosy finish The Kilted Vampire favors....The Lt.

Casualties017.jpg

A Zulu Warrior leaps on to the mealie bag wll and Acting Commissary Dalton calls ou "Pot that fellow!" just before receiving a bullet wound to the shoulder...The Lt.

Casualties042.jpg

Lt., from that angle, the Zulus spear seems to be in jepardy, shoot the man, not the weapon. Mike:D

The Zulus continue to press their attack against the defenders.....The Lt.

017.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

Lt., those closeups are getting clearer each time, are you still experimenting with your camera? Mike:)

Lt., those closeups are getting clearer each time, are you still experimenting with your camera? Mike:)

Mike the effect comes about by using my computer cropping the photos I've selected......The Lt.

OK Lt., now I remember you showing me this the last time I was at your place. The photos also look great showing the attack advanceing, like on HB site. Mike:)

OK Lt., now I remember you showing me this the last time I was at your place. The photos also look great showing the attack advanceing, like on HB site. Mike:)

Looking forward to our get together at The bunker....The Lt.

Once again the defenders face of against the attacking Zulus...The Lt.

Frontline1019.jpg

Frontline1018.jpg

Frontline1017.jpg

Thanks for the glossy photos Joe. Some figures are done I have about eleven to go. Includes some of those unpainted Imperials. How really unique to find them that way. I will do a photo record of their progress. The figures you sent me Joe I have completed five of them. Who made them? Really nice. Some of them have painted up well. Haven't done any of the 24th though.:eek:

Joe,hopeyoudon'tmindmepostingacouple......

Attachments

• redcoat1.JPG
    redcoat1.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 72
  • redcoat2.JPG
    redcoat2.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 73
Nice pics Pandagen, that is a different building, do you have better close ups of the building? Mike:)

Nice pics Pandagen, that is a different building, do you have better close ups of the building? Mike:)

Those are photos of early K&C Zulus, a 24th Foot Officer and Red Coated Seaforths produced between 1987 and 1996. The building is a K&C buildings made of wood, plaster and papier mache produced in 1995. Here's a quote from the book about the building:

"In 1995, a Zulu War burning farmhouse (Roarkes Drift) was produced. This wood building was well constructed with real wood detail pieces such as shutters and a window ledge. The roof was also constructed of wood, cut away and painted to appear as a burning thatch roof. The walls of the building were covered with plaster on which individual stones were etched and painted. This building, designated ZWF1, retailed for $128."

Kevin glad you posted the photos I've always enjoyed them and hope you have a few more on the way and along with Modwall a few more close up photos of the Hospital would be great. Louis thanks for the info you provided on the figures and building I've always appreciate your input. Joe (aka The Lt.)

Those are photos of early K&C Zulus, a 24th Foot Officer and Red Coated Seaforths produced between 1987 and 1996. The building is a K&C buildings made of wood, plaster and papier mache produced in 1995. Here's a quote from the book about the building:

"In 1995, a Zulu War burning farmhouse (Roarkes Drift) was produced. This wood building was well constructed with real wood detail pieces such as shutters and a window ledge. The roof was also constructed of wood, cut away and painted to appear as a burning thatch roof. The walls of the building were covered with plaster on which individual stones were etched and painted. This building, designated ZWF1, retailed for $128."

Thanks for the info Louis, it looks like a nice piece. Mike:)

The individual hero's manning the barricades and defending againt the Zulu onslaught....The Lt.

VC Winner Coporal Ferdnand Christian Schiess of the 2nd Battalion 3rd Regiment Natal Native Contingent.

082.jpg

VC Winner Acting Assistant Commissary James Langley Dalton Army Commissariat and Transportation Department.

030.jpg

and

Surgeon Major James Henry Reynolds Army Medical Department nd Hospital Corps.

032.jpg

VC Winner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back