"The Zulu War" (1 Viewer)

Found another vintage photo seems I'm on a run.........The Lt.

017-1.jpg

Excellent, keep 'em comin' Joe

Cheers

Martyn:)

Excellent pics. I feel like I am at the panto... He's behind you!!!!
Mitch

I fear even the brave brit is in a mess. Excellent dio and pics as usual
Mitch

Sketches from the ILLUSTRATED NEWS Sat July 26th 1879

The Army Hospital Corps in action somewhere in Zululand, 1879

aid1COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid4COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid3COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid2COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid6COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid5COMICblackandwhite.jpg

Cheers

Sketches from the ILLUSTRATED NEWS Sat July 26th 1879

The Army Hospital Corps in action somewhere in Zululand, 1879

aid1COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid4COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid3COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid2COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid6COMICblackandwhite.jpg

aid5COMICblackandwhite.jpg

Cheers

You sure have a knack Martyn for for finding sketches from the Illustrated News and presenting them. Once again thank you good Sir for sharing them with us...........The Lt.

You sure have a knack Martyn for for finding sketches from the Illustrated News and presenting them. Once again thank you good Sir for sharing them with us...........The Lt.

You are most welcome Lt.

Cheers

Martyn...Joe...

gotta tell you guys...I love that you're playing with your editing software and altering your photos a little...I think it opens up so much and gives such a unique look...

when I started doing them in "comic book" mode...I found I really enjoyed experimenting with lighting and brightness...it really showed so many little details that I never noticed in the color photos...

especially in the shadowing...it's fun to play a little and create a new look...

both of you guys own enough figures to create some small stories in black in white for us...

Martyn...Joe...

gotta tell you guys...I love that you're playing with your editing software and altering your photos a little...I think it opens up so much and gives such a unique look...

when I started doing them in "comic book" mode...I found I really enjoyed experimenting with lighting and brightness...it really showed so many little details that I never noticed in the color photos...

especially in the shadowing...it's fun to play a little and create a new look...

both of you guys own enough figures to create some small stories in black in white for us...

Thank you for the kind comments Michael but all credit goes to you for giving me the idea in the first place

Here is a rare copy of the cartoon page from the 3rd August 1879, NATAL DESPATCH newspaper

aid4COMIC-2.jpg

Cheers

Its probably been said before but why not publish these pics they are certainly good enough.
Mitch

Nice touch Martyn an thanks Michael for your help in giving my photos their cartoon look for me to play with.......PapaZ

Thank you for the kind comments Michael but all credit goes to you for giving me the idea in the first place

Here is a rare copy of the cartoon page from the 3rd August 1879, NATAL DESPATCH newspaper

aid4COMIC-2.jpg

Cheers

aid4COMIC-2.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

You do have a knack for finding rare items.;)

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back