Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

"The Passenger" on MGM+. A good flick. I haven't watched a TV movie without pausing in a long time. Not exactly a cure for depression, though.

Staying home for the holidays and not battling the mobs at the airports and on the roads. I can't understanding how or why anyone subjects themselves to that misery and pays for the privilege. There is some type of brainwashing that compels people to do this. If you want to visit your extended family, maybe go next week. The site of the traffic at the LA airport is surreal. Are these folks having a good time?

Staying home for the holidays and not battling the mobs at the airports and on the roads. I can't understanding how or why anyone subjects themselves to that misery and pays for the privilege. There is some type of brainwashing that compels people to do this. If you want to visit your extended family, maybe go next week. The site of the traffic at the LA airport is surreal. Are these folks having a good time?

Yesterday after I made my final USPS run, I had to take my Mom to CVS, the Bank, food shopping for Christmas and then to the doctors for a routine check up. The roads were mobbed with people.

I live half an hour south of her, it took me two hours to get home.

The Bataan Death march took less time.

Just unreal and that has nothing to do with holiday travel, I can only imagine what that is like, heaven help those people.

The 93-year-old guy who will be attending his 80th straight Rose Bowl game today. He started going in 1945 and hasn't missed one since.

If you miss the mindless 80s slasher films: "We Might Hurt Each Other." How weird are things when the Lithuanians have figured out the formula that Hollywood can no longer get right? It's on Amazon Prime.

"Loudermilk" on Netflix. Had never heard of it. Stars the guy from Office Space. Three seasons of white, middle-aged man angst humor. It is grim but funny.

Listening to Casey Kasem's old American Top 40 on satellite radio. Amazing how many of those songs from the 70s are still familiar. He had an iconic voice. Maybe the age of AI will bring back some of these personalities. A rare upside to change.

"Dead & Buried." What a great early 80s horror flick. It's like The Fog meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Jack Albertson plays a kind of demented Groucho Marx in his last role. There is also a young "Freddy" Robert Englund. Imagine if they made this movie today. It would be idiotic, but it worked in the 80s. It's available on Prime.

8 hours of sleep.

Insomnia is a killer.
Less sleep = less productivity. And fun.
I can testify to that...
It's 3:48 AM here...
Sleep well even if you you have to listen to heavy rain sounds to blot out the day.
If only I could sleep properly...
I think I'd be a better person.
So I LIKE anything that will calm me down at night, not angry political discussions, but things like Toy Soldiers. The Hobby relieves daily stress and anxiety for me.
Best Sleep Wishes
Paddy

Louisville firefighter rescues driver from a truck dangling on a bridge 100' above the Ohio River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRslETAeWOQ&ab_channel=WLKYNewsLouisville

Maybe because my best friend is a firefighter like his Dad before him, I am always inspired by the heroic work of our FD & PD. I have to give them "cred'". Some more figures representing Cops and Firemen might be nice. K&C?
PS - re: insomnia...
Beware Daylight Savings Time{eek3}.
(not that it'll make much difference to me, grumble)
Paddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back