Things that I really like (3 Viewers)

Bowie - 'Putting out Fire with Gasoline'...Serious Moonlight Tour of course :wink2:

I didn't think much of the eclipse until it came. I thought it was pretty cool also. It was also nice to see a lot of people actually happy and having a good time. Except the usual nut jobs of course.
Mark

I didn't think much of the eclipse until it came. I thought it was pretty cool also. It was also nice to see a lot of people actually happy and having a good time. Except the usual nut jobs of course.
Mark

Hey Mark, so no extra earthquakes with the combined tug? :wink2:

Mark, I've since read that NASA registered a 1.3 magnitude aftershock in the New Jersey area during the eclipse {eek3} Did you feel it?

Mark, I've since read that NASA registered a 1.3 magnitude aftershock in the New Jersey area during the eclipse {eek3} Did you feel it?

1.3 is relatively light. Nothing was felt here. According to the U.S. Geological Service, between now and Saturday there is a 24% chance of a shock that is 3 or more but only 3% that is 4 or more.

No I didn't feel the 4.8 either.^&grin^&grin^&grin
Mark

No I didn't feel the 4.8 either.^&grin^&grin^&grin
Mark

Just a normal Jersey day for you then Mark.

The closest I've been to an earthquake was when I lived in Portland, New South Wales back in the late 1970's where they made cement (Blue Circle Southern Cement). Most days they would blast at the nearby quarry, you'd feel a slight shake and my car would get covered in dust, gravel etc, fun times :wink2:

Watching my son play baseball. A lot of parents miss the "little league" days but now that he is a senior in high school and will be playing in college, I just love it so much more. It really is a lot better than little league. Anyway, I cant imagine what that is going to be like when I set up my lawn chair and watch him play his very last game. It's been me and my wife's summer past time for 12 years and counting now.

Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman trophy back. A long overdue acknowledgment of the NCAA's corruption and bias. They brought the hammer down on USC for minor infractions that had nothing to do with the program. Nothing even close to what happened under Harblow at Michigan. The NCAA has been sued over the years and finally are correcting the wrongs done. USC now has eight Heisman winners. More than any other school. Next they should restore the national championship.

Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman trophy back. A long overdue acknowledgment of the NCAA's corruption and bias. They brought the hammer down on USC for minor infractions that had nothing to do with the program. Nothing even close to what happened under Harblow at Michigan. The NCAA has been sued over the years and finally are correcting the wrongs done. USC now has eight Heisman winners. More than any other school. Next they should restore the national championship.

Maybe Louisville will get their championship trophy back. Not a Cardinal fan but thought that was extreme, not to excuse what went on there.

Not a USC fan by any means, but their sports prowess is impressive considering their academic standards.

100% Agree, I was very happy to see this finally happen. I only pray NCAA irrelevance continues to move forward, Good Riddance. (Even though I think NIL is bad too, like I said, the only benefit may be the final death knell for the NCAA's arbitrary authority).
Tom

100% Agree, I was very happy to see this finally happen. I only pray NCAA irrelevance continues to move forward, Good Riddance. (Even though I think NIL is bad too, like I said, the only benefit may be the final death knell for the NCAA's arbitrary authority).
Tom

The NCAA was so bad that it made me wonder what could ever be worse?

Then the transfer portal and NIK came along and I had my answer.

Anybody else happy to see that garbage collection and waste removal has begun at Columbia University? Just saying, but I really like a good clean up..............
TD

But the problem is they will be back. Bragg is too busy with the great villian Trump to let this minor problem interfere.
Mark

The Fraternity at the University of North Carolina who defended the American Flag. It was flying at half mast for the slain US Marshals who were killed while trying to serve a warrant in Charlotte on a very dangerous convicted felon. The protesters and yes believe it or not tried to tear it down and fly a Terror Flag. This fraternity took it upon themselves to defend it prior to police arriving to arrest the violent agitators. Anyhow, google the story, you can't be anything but proud of these young men. PS. A donor started a GoFund me for this fraternity which I am assuming started off as a lark to recognize them has now gathered more than $350K . One, I hope they throw themselves the Party they deserve and 2 they put the balance to good use.
TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back