Things that I really like (1 Viewer)

There are some great AHL teams. Hershey and Coachella have a nice rivalry forming. Hershey won in a crushing game seven last year. More of the same lining up this year. Fun to watch.

I used to go to some Hershey Bears - Baltimore Clippers games as a kid in the 60's and 70's. The Bears were a tough team. Baltimore will never have another hockey team as they are blocked by Washington as they claim that as part of their market.

In a way it's more fun watching hockey playoffs when you don't have a dog in the fight. I will never forget 2019 when the Blues won the cup. I was a nervous wreck. Sure when the game was over and the Blues won was fantastic and when they lost it was well we haven't gotten this far in x number of years. Unfortunately most playoff games are on ESPN which I don't get. I was hoping for a Boston - New York series and would like to see Edmonton go on and win the cup.
One other comment Toronto just got a fantastic coach in Berube.

In a way it's more fun watching hockey playoffs when you don't have a dog in the fight. I will never forget 2019 when the Blues won the cup. I was a nervous wreck. Sure when the game was over and the Blues won was fantastic and when they lost it was well we haven't gotten this far in x number of years. Unfortunately most playoff games are on ESPN which I don't get. I was hoping for a Boston - New York series and would like to see Edmonton go on and win the cup.
One other comment Toronto just got a fantastic coach in Berube.

I hope we get a game 7 in both conferences.

The Celtics coming back from down 18 to win despite playing 5 on 8 all game long; the NBA really is a clownshow with the refs making calls vs one team to extend a series.

The most comical thing about it was Carlisle post game *****ing about the non call on Holiday on the steal he made to ice the game, there was ZERO foul there, he got a **** ton of calls to go his way, so stop complaining you halfwit.

And just in case anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, two examples; on the second to last Celtics possession, Tatum drives to the basket, lays the ball off the glass.......a Pacer defender comes over and slams his hand off the glass, impacting the movement of the ball, basket no good............umm..........that's goaltending 7 days week and twice on Sunday.

Second example; after Holiday stole the ball, he's got a clear path to the basket, a Pacers defender reaches out and grabs him........clear path foul, basket counts and one foul shot.................nope, no clear path foul, just a two shot foul.

That's bullshit right there.

Twice.

The Celtics coming back from down 18 to win despite playing 5 on 8 all game long; the NBA really is a clownshow with the refs making calls vs one team to extend a series.

The most comical thing about it was Carlisle post game *****ing about the non call on Holiday on the steal he made to ice the game, there was ZERO foul there, he got a **** ton of calls to go his way, so stop complaining you halfwit.

You are half right. The officiating was a disgrace, but you saw a different game than I did. The Celts were practically tackling guys down the stretch with no fouls being called. On the other end, any touch foul was called on the Pacers. If I believed in the conspiracy theories about the NBA, I would say the fix was in to put the Celts in the finals. FTs were 26 to 14 in favor of the Celts on the road. If I was the Pacers coach, I would have gone Bobby Knight on that last mugging that decided the game. A disgrace not to make that call.

BTW: in watching this game, I realized that I didn't recognize the name of a single player on either team except Tatum. Not a single one. Imagine these guys playing the 80s Lakers, Celts, or Jordan's Bulls. They would get rolled. The NBA is the only sport in which the players have regressed. Teams from 40 years ago would win a head to head series.

Happy to see Boston moving on

However, as I watch the playoffs the one thing I am tired of is players constantly looking for a foul after every shot.

Last edited:
You are half right. The officiating was a disgrace, but you saw a different game than I did. The Celts were practically tackling guys down the stretch with no fouls being called. On the other end, any touch foul was called on the Pacers. If I believed in the conspiracy theories about the NBA, I would say the fix was in to put the Celts in the finals.

Yup; we sure did see a different game.

Wow.

Ok then.

Celtics are on to the finals for the 23 time, the Celtics executed better in the final minutes than the Pacers did in 3 of the 4 games, which was the difference in the series.

Riotous. If the Celtics were at home it would be understandable if they getting calls but this was in Indiana. Pacers blew this series in game 1. That was their chance. Moreover, without Haliburton it was going to be difficult. Pacers were lucky they got this far; an injury depleted Knicks team, by sheer will, made it to a seventh game.

As far as not recognizing players, if you follow the NBA all season you know who is who but even if you don’t, players come and players go. Times change.

The Celtics will be favored to win the title after they came close to GS a few years ago.

Riotous. If the Celtics were at home it would be understandable if they getting calls but this was in Indiana. Pacers blew this series in game 1. That was their chance. Moreover, without Haliburton it was going to be difficult. Pacers were lucky they got this far; an injury depleted Knicks team, by sheer will, made it to a seventh game.

As far as not recognizing players, if you follow the NBA all season you know who is who but even if you don’t, players come and players go. Times change.

The Celtics will be favored to win the title after they came close to GS a few years ago.

The Celts had a 90-59 FT advantage in this series. They MADE more FTs than Indiana took in the entire series. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, though, who blames the refs. The Celts were the better team. They should have blown out a no name Pacers team by 30 points. Dallas is playing well. That will be a competitive series. All that green may cause me to search for my solar eclipse glasses if I have watch more than ten seconds of it. Not to mention having to look at Mark Cuban's mug on the screen. A Dallas-Boston series. All six people who watch will be enthralled.

The Celts had a 90-59 FT advantage in this series. They MADE more FTs than Indiana took in the entire series. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, though, who blames the refs. The Celts were the better team. They should have blown out a no name Pacers team by 30 points. Dallas is playing well. That will be a competitive series. All that green may cause me to search for my solar eclipse glasses if I have watch more than ten seconds of it. Not to mention having to look at Mark Cuban's mug on the screen. A Dallas-Boston series. All six people who watch will be enthralled.

The Pacers had a lot of fouls called on them because they are shitty at playing defense, they can light up the scoreboard, 2nd highest scoring team in the league this year, but are terrible at defense, so they commit a lot of fouls.

One follows the other.

The Celtics blitzkrieged their way to the finals, 4-1, 4-1, 4-0, mostly all of those games they played without KP, one of their best players, gives great rim protection, averages 20PPG, maybe had they had him, they would have blown out the Pacers by 30 per game, but wins are wins, a sweep is a sweep.

The teams with the most fans across the league in no particular order are the Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, there will be a **** ton of people watching the series.

I'd agree about 6 people if it had been Indiana vs Dallas/Minnesota, but let's get a grip.

The Dodgers spanking the Mets in a double spanker. Men against boys. The Dodgers are finally showing some dominance against the lesser teams.

The Pacers had a lot of fouls called on them because they are shitty at playing defense, they can light up the scoreboard, 2nd highest scoring team in the league this year, but are terrible at defense, so they commit a lot of fouls.

One follows the other.

The Celtics blitzkrieged their way to the finals, 4-1, 4-1, 4-0, mostly all of those games they played without KP, one of their best players, gives great rim protection, averages 20PPG, maybe had they had him, they would have blown out the Pacers by 30 per game, but wins are wins, a sweep is a sweep.

The teams with the most fans across the league in no particular order are the Lakers, Warriors, Celtics, there will be a **** ton of people watching the series.

I'd agree about 6 people if it had been Indiana vs Dallas/Minnesota, but let's get a grip.

LOL. Imagine the six Celts fans in their faded Larry Bird jerseys sitting at some lonely pub and watching the Celts and Mavs. No one is watching this mess.

The Dodgers spanking the Mets in a double spanker. Men against boys. The Dodgers are finally showing some dominance against the lesser teams.

Nice try in provoking but the Mets aren’t a good team. Hopefully, with the hiring of David Stearns, they will build a foundation to become one.

Hoping the Dodgers or Braves come out of the NL and bludgeon either the Gashouse Gorillas or the "Let's go O's!!" in the World Series.

That's providing that the Dodgers actually win a playoff series; other than that phony baloney 9 game regular season WS title back in 2020, they've done nothing with all of that talent.

I want to see Ohtani in bright lights in the WS dominate.

We'll see.

Last time I checked the NL standings, 9 teams were at or under 500, the AL isn't much better; a lot of really bad teams out there.

Some nitwit on the local nightly sports talk show here said "If the RS could figure out a way to beat above 500 teams, they might be on to something.".................wow, brilliant, if only they could beat good teams vs feasting on tomato cans.

They stink, totally unwatchable. I haven't watched hardly any games, have zero plans on attending any this year; until they start spending money on the team, I'm certainly not going to, I'll let all the pink hat rubes file into Fenway and pay 85.00 for a soda and a hot dog and sit in seats from the early 1900's.

Last edited:
Hoping the Dodgers or Braves come out of the NL and bludgeon either the Gashouse Gorillas or the "Let's go O's!!" in the World Series.

That's providing that the Dodgers actually win a playoff series; other than that phony baloney 9 game regular season WS title back in 2020, they've done nothing with all of that talent.

I want to see Ohtani in bright lights in the WS dominate.

We'll see.

Last time I checked the NL standings, 9 teams were at or under 500, the AL isn't much better; a lot of really bad teams out there.

Some nitwit on the local nightly sports talk show here said "If the RS could figure out a way to beat above 500 teams, they might be on to something.".................wow, brilliant, if only they could beat good teams vs feasting on tomato cans.

They stink, totally unwatchable. I haven't watched hardly any games, have zero plans on attending any this year; until they start spending money on the team, I'm certainly not going to, I'll let all the pink hat rubes file into Fenway and pay 85.00 for a soda and a hot dog and sit in seats from the early 1900's.

The Dodgers haven't impressed me as yet. A ton of talent but they are inconsistent. And I never underestimate the ability of Dave Roberts to choke in the playoffs. Nice guy but not a winner. Given the expectations this year, I think he has to win the WS or he is done. It would be great to see a Dodgers-Yankees series.

The Dodgers haven't impressed me as yet. A ton of talent but they are inconsistent. And I never underestimate the ability of Dave Roberts to choke in the playoffs. Nice guy but not a winner. Given the expectations this year, I think he has to win the WS or he is done. It would be great to see a Dodgers-Yankees series.

They are loaded with talent, it will come together, baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.

LOL. Imagine the six Celts fans in their faded Larry Bird jerseys sitting at some lonely pub and watching the Celts and Mavs. No one is watching this mess.

The Mavs Timberwolves series is averaging 7 million viewers per game.

Legalized gambling has created more “fans” than anyone could have possibly predicted so it is time to end the no one cares about these 2 teams debate.

The Mavs Timberwolves series is averaging 7 million viewers per game.

Legalized gambling has created more “fans” than anyone could have possibly predicted so it is time to end the no one cares about these 2 teams debate.

I think betting might increase interest in the outcome but not necessarily viewership. The NBA and other sports seem to be sliding in viewership rather than gaining. Mostly due to forced parity, too many teams, disgust with the conduct of many athletes, and an age in which younger people have a lot of other entertainment options.

"Tires" on Netflix. Hilarious guy humor. The supporting cast is great. Only six episodes, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back